Guillaume and Stéphanie: Wedding Guest Fashions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Robijn

Moderator Emeritus , Royal Blogger
City
-
Country
Netherlands
JointMonogramGuillaumeandStphanie.jpg

The joint monogram of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy

Welcome to the thread to discuss the fashions of the guests attending the wedding celebrations of HRH Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg and Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy on October 19 and 20, 2012.

This topic will be closed until October 19.

Thanks and happy Posting!

JessRulz, Marengo & Princess Robijn
Luxembourg Forum Moderators

It seems that Mr. Vermeulen is the only person who works for various courts and who they allow to be indiscrete! I wish they would all switch to other designers, also because his designs are seldom flattering.

It seems that Mr. Vermeulen is the only person who works for various courts and who they allow to be indiscrete! I wish they would all switch to other designers, also because his designs are seldom flattering.

It suprises me that they have released it. It is the first time that they do that.

Is this what they will wear at the religious wedding?

I expected (hoped) more Elie Saab for Maria Teresa, Giorgio Armani for queen Paola and Chanel for Astrid while I did expect Mathilde, Claire, Tessy, etc to wear Natan!

I am not au-fait with fashion designers at all.

I am, though, looking forward to compiling my "Fashion Hit" and "Fashion Miss" list.

It suprises me that they have released it. It is the first time that they do that.
Who is 'they'?
It was not the Luxembourg Court but Natan himself who released the press statement for self-promotion purposes.
The fact that he does so is almost as awful as the fact that the appearance of so many royal ladies tomorrow will be ruined by his poorly made, unflattering and un-imaginative clothes.

Who is 'they'?
It was not the Luxembourg Court but Natan himself who released the press statement for self-promotion purposes.
The fact that he does so is almost as awful as the fact that the appearance of so many royal ladies tomorrow will be ruined by his poorly made, unflattering and un-imaginative clothes.

I meant Natan.
Armani also realeased a pressrelease with the wedding of princess Victoria and also Diane Von Furstenberg posted on het website an article when she dressed Mathilde.

I don't see how you can now already comment on clothes that will be worn tomorrow before even seeing them. Everyone was so anti natan with the wedding of Charlene and Albert but afterwords Maxima who wore Natan was with many the best dresses.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness! A reception, a civil wedding and a gala dinner and that's just for today! So many outfits and dresses it's going to be a busy weekend for us all!!!

Alexandra is dressed in a very unflaterring way, it looks bad on her especially around the upper part, it makes her look as if she was pregnant but i like the dress color and her liptick.
MT always likes shining things, she looks good and i like her wild hair.
Tessy looks good too, her ponytail blends well with that type of dress.

Alexandra looks frumpy, awful. The outfit his her body in the most unflattering way possible.

MT looks wonderful and Tessy okay but not great. I wish someone would have worn somehing that wasn't in the drab family.

MT looked lovely in the Elie Saab creation but unfortunately it was a bit too much IMO for a daytime event.

Tessy looked better than she usually does. Not a bad color at all on her.

Alexandrea, the outfit idea was nice but she didnt pull it off well IMO.

All I can say is praise the Lord for Stephanie and her family. Alex and Tessy are dressed so terribly, Alex looking so unflattering in every way for her figure, Tessy looks like she's wearing a nightgown.
A relative of Stephanie's was wearing a gorgeous blue suit I got a glimpse of it, and Stephanie herself has on the perfect suit. She needs to ditch the heels, I hope she does for the coming events.

Can someone post pictures of Alexandra and Tessy. I can't seem to locate any. And, yes, although Maria Teresa's ensemble is stunning, the gold color is a bit much for a mid-afternoon ceremony.

I meant Natan.
Armani also realeased a pressrelease with the wedding of princess Victoria and also Diane Von Furstenberg posted on het website an article when she dressed Mathilde.

Did DVF dress Mathilde for a wedding? which one?

Has it been determined yet if tonight will be a tiara evening? :)

I am an admirer of Tessy, but I think she looks either pregnant or out of shape in this photo. Princess Alexandra, as others have stated, is dressed very badly. I guess the best one can say for this is that the family may not think only about how to make a big impression on the public. They are sort of "down home."
I can't see any of the other pictures people mention...have looked at all the supposed "live streaming links", none has any live pictures that I can see here in America.

I don't think Tessy or Alexandra look bad-but it's their posture that betrays them.

Alexandra's outfit isn't that bad. The cut of the dress doesn't suit her but everything else looks fine. Tessy's outfit isn't great though. I'm hoping to see better dresses on both ladies tonight.

Giving Tessy a second look, pregnancy would explain her outfit. Long jacket with a dress, belt around the waist is the oldest trick in the book.
I heartily agree about the posture and ability to wear heels.

i was watching the live coverage, and i didnt notice on Tessy that little belly because of the jacket.
or is the cut of dress with her posture or she is really pregnant, and i agree with the belt tricky thing, even Princess Marie was pregnant 4 months long and with a belt no one noticed until it was made official.

If Tessy is indeed pregnant (and I'm afraid the outfit does make it look as though she's expecting her third child), it makes total sense they haven't announced it so far: this is, after all, Guillaume and Stephanie's time. After the wedding though...

Tessy's outfit is OK but not particularly memorable.
Alexandra's is plain horrible; it must have taken the designer a lot of effort to turn an attractive young lady into a frumpy old matron.
Maria Teresa looked very nice in her gold ensemble for the civil wedding, but I have to agree with those who think it was too much for a daytime vent.

Queen Sonja at the gala.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathilde is so pretty in Blue, and i dont like Mette-Marit hairstyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom