Fur on Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didnt Princess Caroline wear that mink coat when she was older and she wore an turban with it also

I don't like fur on royals, I think it gives a bad example to the world.

I think fur is beautiful. I loved Princess Graces leopard coat, but I would not wear one. But I think it is up to the person and their convictions. I choose not to smoke, but don't feel it is my place to tell someone else what not to do. Do you think the royals of the northern countries wear fur as it is colder there, and they need that extra warmth? As opposed to south Texas where I live?

Princess Grace is very beautiful, wearing in various furs, as without them.:)
But I have already sent a few photos of them before.
Thank you, Zubiuar!:flowers:

Didn't Lady Helen Taylor wear fur for Lord Frederick's recent wedding?

I googled it, she is wearing silver fox:ermm: and I wrote on the wedding thread that she looked classy as always,

what nonsense I very often write

Didn't Lady Helen Taylor wear fur for Lord Frederick's recent wedding?

With winter approaching it will be fascinating to see which Royal ladies are wrapping up in fur. It looks so elegant and regal.

You will see the Scandinavian Royals in Fur.

I understand why some do not like fur or are against it. But I am not one of them. I support the wearing of fur etc. The only thing I don't like is when people push their opinions on others calling them uneducated etc. for wearing fur. I also don't like people using violence to stop fur trade. This IS NOT directed at anyone in particular, I just have seen so many posts about people being angry, upset or disappointed for someone who wears fur. Or calling them uneducated.

I think if you can afford it, wear it. If you like it, wear it. If you don't like it, don 't wear or buy it. That's all I'm trying to say. For royals as well.

I think for royal fashion purpose, it can sometimes make you look fat.

I dont care to get into a political debate regarding animal fur. However, I personally like use of fur on garments in the cuff and collar area, or as trim edging. QBea wears those wonderful wool ponchos with fur trim. Maxima has worn one like this once. If I lived in these countries, fur would be my first choice for warmth, and style.

Additionally, surprised no one has mentioned the historical use of fur on corination robes or diems yet. If someone has pics, please post.

With winter approaching it will be fascinating to see which Royal ladies are wrapping up in fur. It looks so elegant and regal.

If you get the right fur coat/jacket it can look quite elegent.
Many royals dont seem to always buy new fur coat, they tend to but a very classic piece/s and use it for a while.

Queen Beatrix and furs

Now I don't know where she heard it.
But a long, long time ago, my mother told me that Queen Beatrix never wears real furs. I was quite young then, so I have no idea where she got the information or even how the topic came up.
Does anyone know anything about it?

Wow, THAT is really interesting, and surprising. The photos certainly look like real fur, but her Majesty Bea could buy the best fakes on the market, yes?

Princess Grace looks gorgeous and charming in fur.
Oh, well...what wouldn't she look good in....

Anyone in their right mind won't condone animal cruelty and that's what the animal rights activists are trying to let the world know, but "Fur" business is a multi-million dollar business, so as long as it's making money fur will continue to be the source of revenue for such business.

Princess Grace looks gorgeous and charming in fur.
Oh, well...what wouldn't she look good in....

Anyone in their right mind won't condone animal cruelty and that's what the animal rights activists are trying to let the world know, but "Fur" business is a multi-million dollar business, so as long as it's making money fur will continue to be the source of revenue for such business.

Oh, Yeo-wang, each your word, concerning Princess Grace's appearance is true.:previous:
She looked beautiful in everything!:)

:previous: hmm this might be a topic for another thread but most if not all royals have used fur and Im sure all would call themselves animal lovers.

Kate, Victoria, Madeliene, all the Queens (Elizabeth, Margrethe, Sonja,etc.) etc... some men too.

they dont necessary have to be exclusive. Some countries depend alot on it and do it ethically

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there now synthetic fur that is almost indistinguishable from the real thing? If so, Mary could be wearing 'fake fur' in some of those photos. Also, in the photos from Greenland where she's visiting the handicapped children, I thought that was a sealskin vest. Weren't they taken on a tour of a place where sealskin garments were made?

Now I don't know where she heard it.
But a long, long time ago, my mother told me that Queen Beatrix never wears real furs. I was quite young then, so I have no idea where she got the information or even how the topic came up.
Does anyone know anything about it?

Reply to real old post ;) but in case someone is still checking up; Q. (now P.) Beatrix did wear real furs, much to the frustation of the dutch anti-fur activists...

Last edited:
If I lived in a cold country like any of the Scandinavian countries or Russia for instance, I would definately prefer to wear FUR. If an apparell of clothing has been good enough for the locals for the past few hundred years then surely it is good enough for me and possibly even good enough for a princess.
In Australia the only fur farmed here is Rabbit.

Back
Top Bottom