Fur on Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
servingsophie said:
I've been doing a little research and found these furry nice pics of our Royal ladies!
You have done well servingsophie, thanks for those pictures most of it I've never seen before.

Don Jaime de Marichalar :D

photo from Hola, taken in Paris in March 2005.

Lady Helen Taylor

(Pic from Hola)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would rather see fur on the animal that a person!

I love Queen Beatrix in her new fur coat and Mette Marit looks fabulous in fur.

it is not just you, I think he looks like a fop wearing a mink scarf, do not understand what elena sees in him. He is as far as I can see the the total opposite of her father whom I admire.
galuhcandrakirana said:
It is just me or that fur really looks weird on him:confused:

rchainho said:
Infanta Elena has a fur too.

I've seen her in a full length black and brown. I have also seen her wear several things with fur trim.

Where her husband is concerned, I think that men just look weird wearing fur, period.

Only the older women seem to be able to pull of the full furs well. To me it just looks odd to see younger women (I guess by younger I would mean mid forties or younger) to wear full furs.

Fur trim looks nice and I have a little fur collared coat. It used to be that fur was necessary for warmth (long ago) then it became a status symbol. OK, they're royalty, isn't that enough status? And of course we all know they can afford them anyways. In my opinion it is a personal preference. I would never wear a full fur because it seems vulgar but would also never criticize someone who did wear one. That's just me. ; )

As long as we shear sheep in order to have wool - they don't need to be sheared for their own comfort - and we kill young healthy animals, fish and fowl in order to eat meat, fish and poultry - neither of which is necessary for a healthy diet - (not to speak of milking cows long after the calfs are done feeding )we should perhaps not single out wearing fur as something inherently objectionable.

I noticed that the Danish royal ladies, except for Mary and possibly Alexandra, were wearing fur for the memorial concert in honor of Queen Ingrid, today.

Last edited:
iowabelle said:
I noticed that the Danish royal ladies, except for Mary and possibly Alexandra, were wearing fur for the memorial concert in honor of Queen Ingrid, today.

The Danish royal ladies wear fur. Alexandra also wears fur as does Mary.

Of course, Queen Margrethe wears a great deal of fur.

Here are some recent pics of Her Majesty from Polfoto wearing fur. You can also see in the first picture that Queen Sonja is wearing a fur trim.

Last edited:
That is such an elegant fur coat Alexandra is wearing! So regal and stylish!

although they all look great and extremely impressive in those, i wish they didn't wear them. lots of animals had their skins "rip off" alive (some people are not aware of this, but it's actually true, they rip off the animals' skin to take the fur without any damages as if they kill them before - which is as well awful, to kill an animal just for the fur - the fur looses quality). i think it's sincerely terrible: furs were those kind of things people thousands of years before christ used to cover themselves from the cold, but now, that we have all kind of synthetic fabrics that are sometimes warmer, i think it can be avoided. it's barbaric and doesn't show all the time it took to the human being and evolution to arrive to the modern world we know nowadays.

enough, let's get back on topic. i just had to say it. :)

Furry Business!

I have a fur and I wear it. I spent a lot of money on it and I love it and will have it forever. You only need one. I'm not Kimora Lee Simmons with her 500 $12K Hermes bags and 100+ furs. I think excessive fur buying is no different than excessive animal activism - EXCESSIVE.

I think that we have the right to adore and abhor the things we want, but it drives me crazy when people become so dogmatic about it. I am not that into JLo, but when McCartney's wife went there with her PETA duds and made a huge hullaballoo, it was too excessive. If you want to make a statement, don't buy fur. I mean - when you hit furriers in the wallets, that's when you make a difference. Money's what it boils down to.

Even though we have synthetics, don't forget they are mainly produced overseas in sweatshops with little regulation. Also, it always struck me funny that no animal rights activist has ever attacked silk production. The worm gets boiled alive - and more disgusting is that in the Indian silk industry, little kids no more than 6 or 7 are burning themselves dipping the worms in the scalding water and going blind from the lye. There are a lot of tragedies out there like 3rd world pharmaceutical testing, white slave trading, war, famine, disease - fur seems quite inconsequential on the scale of things.

Last edited:
Dulce Elena said:
The worm gets boiled alive - and more disgusting is that in the Indian silk industry, little kids no more than 6 or 7 are burning themselves dipping the worms in the scalding water and going blind from the lye..
I didn't know about boilling the silk worm, as I know so far silk producer just takes the silk produced by the worm to make threads for fabric and clothes:confused:. I am not a very big fan of silk anyway. I feel very sorry for those kids labour:(.

I really think this is an inappropriate thread for this discussion, that is why I started the animal rights thread.

I will continue the conversation there, but to start, yes the silkworms are inhumanely killed after they are no longer useful in terms of production.

Dulce Elena said:
I think that we have the right to adore and abhor the things we want, I mean - when you hit furriers in the wallets, that's when you make a difference. Money's what it boils down to.

That's the point she was trying to make. I adore the hair my friend has got, but I wouldn't kill her to get it to make a wig. Humans are so arrogant to believe that because it's something they want, it is ok to continue making other creatures suffer.
If we are unable to feel compassion for defenceless animals, what hope is there for our own species?

attachment.php

like astrid a lot but she looks to me like she is dressed up as a squirrel

If your against fur dont post hear. Fur is a personal decision. Humans and animals are different. You dont treat each other the same or compare. If you dont like fur dont wear it or buy it. But let others in peace. It is a personal choice.

i think fur is nice.
We as a human race wouldnt have been able to survive the ice age without it!

Dulce Elena said:
I have a fur and I wear it. I spent a lot of money on it and I love it and will have it forever. You only need one. I'm not Kimora Lee Simmons with her 500 $12K Hermes bags and 100+ furs. I think excessive fur buying is no different than excessive animal activism - EXCESSIVE.

I think that we have the right to adore and abhor the things we want, but it drives me crazy when people become so dogmatic about it. I am not that into JLo, but when McCartney's wife went there with her PETA duds and made a huge hullaballoo, it was too excessive. If you want to make a statement, don't buy fur. I mean - when you hit furriers in the wallets, that's when you make a difference. Money's what it boils down to.

Even though we have synthetics, don't forget they are mainly produced overseas in sweatshops with little regulation. Also, it always struck me funny that no animal rights activist has ever attacked silk production. The worm gets boiled alive - and more disgusting is that in the Indian silk industry, little kids no more than 6 or 7 are burning themselves dipping the worms in the scalding water and going blind from the lye. There are a lot of tragedies out there like 3rd world pharmaceutical testing, white slave trading, war, famine, disease - fur seems quite inconsequential on the scale of things.

oh dulce elena, you are so right in many things but... let's go by parts :)
i guess some more people care about "fur animals" rather than worms as they look much more alike to us and people can feel indentified in some way. worms are miles away from human beings. :) however, if we talk about those kinds you mention (i had no idea about the silk process) it really is bad, yes.
i don't think i need one either. feel warm with any kind of synthetic clothing, and elegance won't come because of having the biggest and nicest fur coat, it's some kind of inner property of each one. there are women who can look great in jeans while others just need a fur coat to look (pseudo)elegant... :D
anyway... getting on topic, don't think even the beautifulness of having one will sucumbe me. my mum has one and we are all the time arguing about it :)

There are a lot of tragedies out there like 3rd world pharmaceutical testing, white slave trading, war, famine, disease - fur seems quite inconsequential on the scale of things

you are so true but i guess some people are more conmotioned about some things than others. i would say animals catch my attention rather than the hunger in the world. after all, something to solve that can be done if the richest countries give the 1% of their money, and nobody seems to want to be bother doing that. other thing is killing an animal in the cruelest way possible for such a vanal thing as a fur.

Some of it is a generational thing. Our grandmothers' generation wore fur and stoles made from all kinds of pelts at affordable prices to many women. It was perfectly acceptable to them.

I myself have a waist length fur I received for Christmas and love it and will continue to wear it. That is my choice.

However, if walking down Michigan Avenue in Chicago and Heather McCartney, or some other PETA activist, throws paint on it.....you bet you boopy not only would I kick their backsides in, I would prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.

We should ALL respect each other's choices...because as I have mentioned before...I have noticed those who are against it due to animal rights are usually pro-you know what, procedures on females, and they don't see anything wrong with that....if you know what I mean....

In that respect, you can't have both my dears... ;)

Please note that fur is not ripped off live animals any more than steak is cut out from the side of a live cow.

Back
Top Bottom