Frederik and Mary: Fashion Match

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dianedk

Commoner
City
Copenhagen
Country
Denmark
I wonder if anyone else has noticed that Frederiks tie quite often goes with whatever Mary is wearing? Just a thought, I'll try and find more pictures... :)
Foto by Polfoto

Last edited by a moderator:
Dianedk said:
I wonder if anyone else has noticed that Frederiks tie quite often goes with whatever Mary is wearing? Just a thought, I'll try and find more pictures... :)
I do seem to remember that his tie during the engagement announcement matched her outfit! If it was really the case than it's very sweet that he should make an effot to hve his ties match her outfit...that's really sweet. It speaks well of their future.

Yes, it's cute isn't it? :)
Here's another one (from London?)

Getty Images

Here's another example: In Tivoli to celebrate P Henrik's birthday this year

Attachments

• mhenriksb.jpg
    mhenriksb.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 472
Dianedk said:
I notice that Mary always has that Miss Australia pose. Is it just me?

Dianedk said:
Not only does it look cute, I think it makes them look more polished and professional as well (and I think its really sweet!)

2NovFolkgaven02.jpg

You can't see the colour properly, but apparently Mary wore a blue suit, which explains Fred's blue shirt and tie.

D7.jpg

Mary used to wear brown a lot, so Fred must have a lot of brown ties! loL!

L3.jpg

Don't know if you can see it, but Fred's wearing a dark purple tie...

Attachments

• 00260630.jpg
    00260630.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 982
Last edited:
I haven't really noticed, but perhaps you're right....?

Dianedk said:
Yes, I've also noticed that on Felipe and Letizia's clothes. That's not only very sweet from them, but also very sensitive and intelligent, since it also helps accentuating a harmonic image of these royal couples... I'm not sure, but I would even say it may have some fashion advisement finger on that...

(Now, out of the strictly royal environment, another well-known couple who also conveys a harmonic image through clothes-matching is Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston)

i think it's cute that they colour co-ordinate! ^___^ golly, Fred must have heaps of ties in all colours to go with all of Mary's colours! ^___^

Here are more colour-matches of Fred and Mary!

1. A purple tie with a lilac outfit in Japan
2. A silverish lilacish :D tie with Mary's silverish lilacish outfit during the Fairytale weekend
3. A blue blazer and shirt to match Mary's blue jacket again during the Fairytale weekend
4. Both looking crisp in black during a rock concert
5. It's not exactly matching because of that blue tie, but the pink looks good with the green! :D
6. A beige tie with Mary's brown-beige outfit...
7. I realize many colours would have matched Mary's white outfit, but Fred could have worn a brown suit or a grey suit and it wouldn't have looked as smart as this black suit. I think they both look so matched here!
8. Fred's beige tie looks fabulous with Mary's brown outfit!
9. Again I realize they had to match because they are wearingthe traditional greendland outfit, but they both look so couplely here...

Attachments

• colour1.jpg
    colour1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 397
  • colour2.jpg
    colour2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 524
  • colour3.jpg
    colour3.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 404
  • colour4.jpg
    colour4.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 393
  • colour5.jpg
    colour5.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 328
  • colour6.jpg
    colour6.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 535
  • colour7.jpg
    colour7.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 454
  • colour8.jpg
    colour8.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 657
  • colour9.jpg
    colour9.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
1. Matching outfits again at the opening of Danfoss Universe

2. Wearing a beige/silvery tie to match Mary's beige outfit during the baptizing of "Gudrun Mærsk", Odense, 7. may 2005

3. Casual beige suit to match Mary's casual beige cardigan during Prince Henrik's 70th B'day celebration

4. A matching tie to go with Mary's outfit during the opening of legoland in 2004

Attachments

• match.jpg
    match.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 386
  • match.jpg
    match.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 467
  • match1.jpg
    match1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 540
  • match2.jpg
    match2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 495
I realize that the colours didn't match, but I just thought they both looked extremely cute in this outfit. Mary didn't necessarily have to wear a long coat to keep warm, she could have worn a heavy leather coat or some of the short coats she wore on her greenland trip and it probably would have kept her just as warm.

Plus, they both matched fashion wise which is the title of this thread.

I wouldn't be suprised if Mary and her stylist carry swatch cards of Frederiks tie collection when shopping for Mary.

It would simple to look for a tie to match an outfit if he doesn't have one yet.
Much easier than Frederik and his valet carrying Mary's dress collection around to match his ties.

I am sure since they are both computer literate that he (or his valet) would receive a list of the dresses she is thinking of wearing to joint upcoming events and the ties that match so he can have them drycleaned in time.

Hotdog said:
I wouldn't be suprised if Mary and her stylist carry swatch cards of Frederiks tie collection when shopping for Mary.

It would simple to look for a tie to match an outfit if he doesn't have one yet.
Much easier than Frederik and his valet carrying Mary's dress collection around to match his ties.

I am sure since they are both computer literate that he (or his valet) would receive a list of the dresses she is thinking of wearing to joint upcoming events and the ties that match so he can have them drycleaned in time.

Well I think you are being carried away, yes their outfits match a lot, but I don't think they get in so much trouble just to make sure of that!!! Frederik must have one of the biggest tie collections and not always is the same shade she's wearing so I don't believe they are always trying to look coordinated...

I love that their clothes match - it makes them look very unified and together. And I love that outfit Mary's wearing in that picture from Japan.

politikgirl, it's off topic but just curious..where did you get the photo on your avatar...? when was it taken..just curious since it is a really nice shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom