Favorite Engagement Outfit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EmpressRouge

Serene Highness
Country
United States
Inspired by the blogs, I wonder who everyone thought had the best (or worst) outfit at a engagement presentation/press conference/photo-op.
I liked Mary's outfit, especially the nubby jacket with the leather belting, although I thought the dress underneath was not particularly interesting. Mathilde's outfit was rather casual (and unfortunately her pants failed to hide panty lines). Diana's blue suit was a wonderful color but otherwise rather mature-looking for 19 year old.

Mary's was the best by far. It was elegant and perfect for a princess-to-be. I did not like Letizia's pants suit--it looked too masculine, and the white didn't help with that impression. On engagement day, royal or not, it makes sense that the man and woman look like masculine and feminine, respectively, and not like they are competing for the same job.

Even though I like Sophie her engagement outfit left a lot ot be desired. Mary's was lovely truly, and yes Letizia did seem to miss the boat as it where. I thought Diana was just divine on her day even though much was written at the time that she looked like a secrtary or a flight attentant. MC also looked lovely. And I am not a fan and never have been..... i forget what Maxima wore anyone got that photo I will check. MM showed a promise that has never materilised IMO both on her wedding day and engagement so did look like a girl with a lot to offer. Am going to be interested on the views of others good topic.

I thought Mary looked wonderful on her engagement day. The coat was beautiful and the shoes to die for!

Maxima´s dress was very beautiful. I loved Letizia´s outfit ( however it looked a little big for her), and Mary´s coat. I didn´t like Mette-Marit outfit.

From those I like the most Mary's dress and Letizia's outfit.
After them Mathilde.
Maxima's dress was nice but look terrible on yellow background.
I don't like MM's outfit. It look too big for her and little oldfashionated.

Of the modern royals - Mary i liked the coat and dress but the shoes were my favourite bit of the outfit they were lovely and her hair suited her that day
Letizia white suits her the best and it was simple but modern her hair an dmakeup looked great that day

Of the older engagements possibly Princess Grace or Princess Elizabeth

The one of Letizia was very pretty.

Mathildes clothing was boring - like everyday blouse and trousers
Mette's skirt was too long, the Jacket was 90 ies style and the shoes were not high enough,
Maxima and Mary looked approriate
but Letizia was the best - and I liked, that she were a suit !

I have to admit that I do not like a single engagement outfit. All ladies, including my personal favourite Crown Princess Mathilde, looked frumpy.

I liked Mary's outift. The dress, jacket, and shoes were perfect!

I also like Maxima's dress. She looked great to me because she seemed very well put together - hair, dress, and wonderful brooch.

Letizia's white pants suit was also refreshing. Even though she wore pants, the outfit seemed more dressy than casual.

for me th best one was Mary and Maxima, the most elegant ladies, i love maximasdress, broche and heair, i never saw her again using that broche a pity! and photo from diane and grace?

Mary and Maxima were both elegant and beautiful. :wub:

I adore Letizia's outfit, it is so simple, elegant and fresh to a lasy who is going to enter the royals. Good choice! :wub:

I thought that Letizia looked very elegant and beautiful, but she was very much criticized for this outfit, it wasn´t that long before that ladies were asked never to wear pants near the Spanish royal family.
I thought the worst engagement outfit was Diana´s, the colour was nice but it was awful.

Last edited:
Mary looked absolutely beautiful, a real princess look. Very very elegant from the top of her head to the tip of her toes.
I had forgotten this outfit so thanks for reminding me HM.

For Royal engagement outfit my favourite
Letizia's outfit. My second choice Mary

1 - Mary, most classy outfit
2 - Maxima, nice dress & jewellery. the yellow background :ohmy:
3 - Letizia, she looked pretty and the pantsuit is classy but not for engagement day, far too business-like, no accessories.

BIG GAP!

4 & 5 - MM & Mathilde, can't decide which one looked more frumpy :ohmy:

No question there Duke, Mathilde did. She is such a classy person I just can´t understand why she chose this awful outfit.

I think that Mette-Marit's and Mathidle's outfits reflect the style of clothes in the late 1990s and ealry 2000s certainly they have become more polished since then.

Princess Marie's engagement was not great as the jacket and skirt didnt match and then the heavy shoes

Are there pictures of Princess Laurentiens engagement outfit?

I like Princess Diana's black dress, that she wore when first seen together with charles at the engagement.

Mary looked the most elegant, imo, followed by Maxima

Mathilde too casual

Letizia looked like she was on vacation but because she is a Spaniard it looked oddly appropriate

M-M looked like a girl dressed up in her mother's clothes. I like her hair color in that picture, it looks much more natural than the whiteblond. Though I am glad she stopped wearing a ponytail like that.

Princess Letizia and Princess Maxima.

The others looked uncomfortable and wore wore badly fitted outfits imho.

Back
Top Bottom