Fashion Suggestions for the Princess of Wales

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reiss collection Spring 2012

Black heels - Id love to see Kate in heels with straps like these. These are really pretty and can make the look look younger.

Navy skirt with waist detailing which is really nice matched with a beige camisole and this cardigan which looks like a jacket could look great. Kate can get aways with mixing pieces the right way. I would finish the look with these lovely navy heels and a belt.

Lace skirt - A lovely skirt which can be easily mixed with a white shirt and still look elegant. Would be great to be worn with a fitted jacket.

Alexander McQueen Spring 2012

Yellow dress - This in the same length or floor length would look really nice. Kate would pull such a color off but not sure how confident she would be.

Alexander McQueen Pre Fall 2012

Red and black dress - Lovely dress but with the skirt not being so big. I like the color combination.

Temperley Lonond Pre Fall 2012

Green top - Lovely top which would look lovely with pants or a skirt. The knots in the top make it quite different.

Embellished evening dress - A very dressy dress with lovely shades. Could look great to any dinner.

Black embellished dress - Kate would look great in this, the belt will emphasize her small waist and the lines of embellishments would make her look taller. I like the combo of silver and black.

Roland Mouret Spring 2012

Blue dress - Lovely cut which Kate would wear nicely. Hair pulled all up with a nice brooch on the side of the neckline with lovely sapphire earrings and a bracelet and this would be a winning look.

Green one shoulder dress - Lovely color, the one shoulder makes it really young. Kate with hair half up to the side showing off her one shoulder/arm would look lovely.

Outfit - Lovely combo, something Kate could pull off. The fitted pencil skirt is a great cut for her.

Coat - Ideal for any season, this coat would look great with anything from pants to a skirt to a dress.

Dress - Nice dress, Kate would look nice in this. This is a timeless piece. The black tie makes it really young.

Shirt - White shirt with the black pads on the shoulder can be matched with anything. I would suggest a colored skirt.

Outfit - Great for Kate. She could dress this up or down. Top and skirt can be mixed matched with other pieces.

Short black dress - Something every women needs.

Roland Mouret Pre Fall 2012

Dress - Lovely cut and a great color. Great for an official event or even a lunch/dinner event.

Last edited:
Nice Job dazzling , The Most Two I like and I Think Would Be Look great On Kate Ronald Mouret Spring 2012 The Blue Dress & Green One Shoulder dress So Elegant & Chic

LK Bennett

Heels - Great for summer. Kate can get away with low heels as she is tall enough. Easily matched with anything.

Red dress - Elegant & Classic. Great matched with a hat or for an official event.

Purple dress - Great cut which Kate will pull off. The color is strong which would look nice on her.

White dress - Great dress for any event. Would love to see Kate wear a brooch and some nice colored earrings with this. This could be dressed down or up depending how Kate styles her hair and chooses her jewelry, shoes & bag.

Yellow printed dress - Soft print which is not so bold, the color which would look good on her. Ideal spring/summer dress. Would look nice if matchd with a jacket.

Jacket - The cut is quite simple, matched with anything this would work great.

Red dress - Elegant & Classic. Great matched with a hat or for an official event.
Purple dress - Great cut which Kate will pull off. The color is strong which would look nice on her.
I can definitely see Kate wearing either of those dresses, and she would look great too because the style would be very flattering on her figure.

Didn't Kate wear a similar dress to the blue one when she met the Obamas at Buck Palace right after the wedding? The bodice looks very similar. It's a beautiful style and the pleating on both dresses, as well as the jewel colors, would look great on her.

Yellow printed dress - Soft print which is not so bold, the color which would look good on her. Ideal spring/summer dress. Would look nice if matchd with a jacket.

Love the dress. I like flowy things. Love good material. The feel of such dresses is yummy. Agree about the jacket, too, though it looks a bit stiff in the picture.

LK Bennett

Heels - Great for summer. Kate can get away with low heels as she is tall enough. Easily matched with anything.

White dress - Great dress for any event. Would love to see Kate wear a brooch and some nice colored earrings with this. This could be dressed down or up depending how Kate styles her hair and chooses her jewelry, shoes & bag.

Very Nice Combination again , I Like Purple dress & Red dress :flowers:

Didn't Kate wear a similar dress to the blue one when she met the Obamas at Buck Palace right after the wedding? The bodice looks very similar. It's a beautiful style and the pleating on both dresses, as well as the jewel colors, would look great on her.

It was a similar top part but with more detailing in the skirt see here

Once again, some lovely suggestions, although I am not sure if some in the first post are a little too 'edgy' for her. My pick for Catherine from the suggestions by Alexander McQueen would be the pre fall red and black dress, and from Temperley the pre fall black embellished dress, and by Roland Mouret the skirts from the two outfits (spring 2012) or either of the dresses (the blue daywear or the short black dress, spring 2012).

All of the LK Bennett suggestions are very much 'her.' I especially like the white dress, the white jacket, and the yellow dress.

But she certainly seems to be broadening her designer horizons.

It was a similar top part but with more detailing in the skirt see here

Thanks for posting this pic, Dazzling. The neckline and sleeves are very similar to the purple dress Artemisia posted, but I can see that the pleats are reversed. Either way, this style looks good on Kate and she should repeat it.

Libelula Spring 2012

Printed dress - Ideal dress for summer, the extra fabric in the front is different, not just a simple cut dress.

Blue skirt - The detailing is lovely, elegant. This would be nice worn with a fitted cropped jacket and a plain top or just a printed top.

Libelula Fall 2012

Skirt & top - Lovely evening outfit, I like it with the yellow. Kate looks good in black but the lace is very feminine. Hair pulled up, light make up this will look good.

Top - Great strong shade of blue, will look good with a white skirt or even a black skirt.

Milly Spring 2012

Coat - Lovely spring/summer coat. Great color and a nice fit. This would look great with pants, dress or even a skirt. I would love to see Kate in such a coat matched with a nice hat.

Skirt - Great for a daytime event matched with a white or black blouse and a black jacket.

Milly Pre Fall 2012

Dress - Lovely dress, the blac on the top part makes it pretty. Belt adds to it. Would be nice for an evening event with a shawl.

Milly Fall 2012

Jacket - Great jacket with nice color combo, I like the big black pockets on the sides which is very obvious, gives it that young/fun look. Ideal with a pencil skirt or even trousers.

Last edited:
:previous: To pick a favorite from each designer, I see Catherine wearing the Libelula fall black lace skirt and top (she does like her lace) and the Milly fall jacket, or maybe the pre-fall dress.

Burberry pre fall & fall collection 2012

Coat with front detailing - Lovely and elegant, ideal with a hat. This must need a belt for it to have the same effect in the front.
Jacket - Elegant matched with a nice plain pencil skirt. Great for the fall season.
Skirt - This comes in a range of colors, I like the ruffle and Kate could pull it off.
Jacket - Great color and great detailing in the back.
Dress - Lovely color and great style.
Jacket/top - Pretty, simple yet dressy.
Top - Lovely color and the gathering in the centre is great. Its also a very pretty color which would look great on her.
Lace top - Lovely with a printed skirt or a solid skirt. Wouldn't look bad with pants either.
Dress - Simple, clean cuts and very wearable to any event.
Dress - Looks fun yet simple, I could see this on Kate but in a different color. I also think a belt makes it nicer.
Skirt - Looks quite thick in fabric but lovely if matched with a jacket or coat from the same fabric.
Lace white skirt - Lovely matched with a plain top with a jacket or coat over.

Issa Fall 2012

Lace dress - Lovely dress for an evening. I like the fact it is gold, I think it would work great on Kate.
Embellished dress - Looks really pretty for an evening/cocktail/award event. The semi full skirt she could pull off.
Issa printed dress (this also has a matching cropped cardigan) - Very pretty autumn dress.
Long dress - Quite an elegant dress IMO. I think Kate would pull such a color off and with a nice up-do she would look lovely.

Reiss Fall 2012

Jacket - Essential piece which would match anything.
Dress - Great color, I also like how the belt doesn't go all the way round. I think this would look nice with a jacket.
Green dress - Lovely shade of green, Kate would look good in such a color. Also the cut seems very flattering.
Jacket - Its a style you don't always see. A nice piece for the season.
Skirt - Simple skirt with soft folding layers. A simple top and maybe a nice plain coat would finish the look.
Dress - Very simple yet very working dress IMO. The lines down the front add a bit to the dress.

Alexander McQueen Fall 2012

Long evening dress - A nice dress for the evening, The sleeves are different and she could pull it off.
Long green dress - A nice dress but wouldnt mind if sleeves were added. The lace insert is quite pretty as well. This is a great color for the season and on Kate IMO.
Red dress -
Green dress -
Long green dress - Lovely for an evening.
Jacket - Lovely cut and detailing, this is a great investment. Could easily be matched with a skirt or pants.
Burgundy dress - Simply elegant, would look great with a belt or alone.

Matthew Williamson Fall 2012

This dress if made into long and without all the chinky bronze beadwork on the chest, it would make a very elegant dress for Kate. The color, cut she could easily pull off.

Last edited:
O.k. I can see Catherine in a few of those dresses. How exquisite is that collection! I wouldnt mind having a couple of those myself! And Im talking about Marchesa.

O.k. I can see the Dolce dress too. Great color and very flattering for her figure. I like the lace.

Last edited by a moderator:
dazzling, you should be a stylist!!! You have good taste. :)

How about daytime skirts two inches longer, and high heels two inches shorter. Might be less dramatic but it would look more human, more real.

Mariel1 said:
How about daytime skirts two inches longer, and high heels two inches shorter. Might be less dramatic but it would look more human, more real.

It would also make her look a lot older. Have you seen the high heels other royal ladies where these days? I don't see how longer skirts and lower heels make her look more human or real.
She is human and real.
A new pair of high heels and some different outfits wouldn't go a miss for Catherine.

Those are nice.

Marchesa just has a very bad rep. The clothes are all Elie Saab, McQueen, Valentino (all the big Parisian houses basically) rip-offs in worse quality and the names attached to the brand are not that great either. Georgina Chapman, co-founder and designer of Marchesa is married to Harvey Weinstein. Harvey is a big Hollywood mogul (the force behind movies as The King's Speech, La Vie En Rose, The Artist etc etc) and almost every actress he backs has some sort of sexual relationship in order for a good career with him. You can spot the actresses aswell, all of them wear Marchesa as to keep his wife silent.
I wouldn't want to be associated with that brand. Ever.

I'd love to see her in these outfits
Erdem | Ivy printed silk dress | NET-A-PORTER.COM
Erdem | Liza embroidered sateen-twill dress | NET-A-PORTER.COM
Temperley London | Lace-sleeved knitted stretch-silk dress | NET-A-PORTER.COM
Temperley London | Charm jacquard-knit dress | NET-A-PORTER.COM
Miu Miu | Embellished tweed coat  | NET-A-PORTER.COM
Miu Miu | Embellished crepe dress | NET-A-PORTER.COM
Miu Miu | Jewel-collared chunky-knit wool sweater | NET-A-PORTER.COM
Alexander McQueen | Strapless draped silk-chiffon gown | NET-A-PORTER.COM
Alexander McQueen | Fine-knit wool dress | NET-A-PORTER.COM
Alexander McQueen | Wool and cashmere-blend felt coat | NET-A-PORTER.COM
Alexander McQueen | Brocade dress | NET-A-PORTER.COM (this dress is so delicious)
Alexander McQueen | Floral-print pleated silk-chiffon gown | NET-A-PORTER.COM

Marchesa design some beautiful gowns, rep or not it's the gown that counts.

Marchesa quality cannot compete with that of Dior, Chloe, Celine, McQueen, Saab, Alaia, Valentino. To name a few. It would be a sh.tty investment, considering the fact Kate does not accept designer gifts.

Empress Merel said:
Marchesa quality cannot compete with that of Dior, Chloe, Celine, McQueen, Saab, Alaia, Valentino. To name a few. It would be a sh.tty investment, considering the fact Kate does not accept designer gifts.

No but if she bought a dress, looked good in it, is there an issue? Dior, Chloe, Celine, McQueen, Saab, Alaia and Valentino can have quality but some of their dresses are god darn awful! I don't think I've ever seen a bad looking Marchesa gown. Catherine can do worse, she did the other night.

My only suggestion is for HRH to wear what she is comfortable in and occasion appropriate.

Maybe because I'm a guy, but I don't think Catherine should be 'fashion forward' or 'edgy'

She does an amazing job of promoting British designers and the High Street.

I like that Catherine remains true to herself and does not accept freebies and does not employ stylists or ladies in waiting.

The temptation is there to succumb to a European or trans-atlantic makeover, a la some other princesses (including the late Princess of Wales) but she doesn't.

The Duchess of Cambridge has shown when the occasion demands, she is the most stylish princess in Europe and personally I admire and applaud HRH for keeping her style 'real'

Last edited:
No but if she bought a dress, looked good in it, is there an issue? Dior, Chloe, Celine, McQueen, Saab, Alaia and Valentino can have quality but some of their dresses are god darn awful! I don't think I've ever seen a bad looking Marchesa gown. Catherine can do worse, she did the other night.
The rep. The quality of their dresses and simply because all of that frou frou stuff is not her style and it would overwhelm her.

Marchesa Slideshow on Style.com

But to each their own. I find it absolutely heinous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom