Fashion Suggestions for Queen Mathilde

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Armani Prive SS12

Layered strapless dress - With her height, Mathilde can pull this off well. The color is quite interesting especially with the lime green at the bottom. In the future, the green can be changed to any color.
Strapless dress - The puff of this dress is lovely, I would suggest it in another color. Perfect for a state visit banquet.

Dris Van Noten SS12

Dress - A lovely daytime dress even though black, the lace makes it soft.
Jacket - Quite like this loose style of the jacket, would look great worn over a colored dress or even a crisp white dress.

Carolina Herrera SS12

Skirt - Great skirt for all seasons. In winter could be matched with a dark red or black coat and turtleneck in summer a nice fitted jacket or chiffon top.
Green skirt & top/dress - Great color. The structure of the skirt with the top part is lovely. This would need someone with Mathilde's body and height to pull it off.

I love that grey layered Armani dress with a hint of green Dazzling! I think she would look wonderful in it!

Oscar De La Renta RESORT 2014

Skirt suit - Great suit and a lovely color combo for any official event. Can easily be matched up with a hat.
Cocktail dress - I like the lace inserts and this is a classic style which she can pull off.

Oscar De La Renta FALL 2013 READY-TO-WEAR

Black dress - Simple yet really pretty. This could be worn easily and can easily be dressed up.
Skirt & top - Lovely for the night.

Last edited:
Oscar De La Renta RESORT 2014

Skirt suit - Great suit and a lovely color combo for any official event. Can easily be matched up with a hat.
Cocktail dress - I like the lace inserts and this is a classic style which she can pull off.

Oscar De La Renta FALL 2013 READY-TO-WEAR

Black dress - Simple yet really pretty. This could be worn easily and can easily be dressed up.
Skirt & top - Lovely for the night.

I absolutely love that suit! Great print and classic style.

I like the lace sleeves on the first black dress but I don't like the rest of it. I do like the two other dresses though.

Armani

Red dress - Lovely color and can be dressed up or down with the right accessories. Mathilde can pull off such fitted looks.
Black dress - Interesting dress for the evening.
Dress - Lovely dress to be worn alone or with a coat/jacket and a could look good with a hat for any official event.
Printed dress - Lovely soft dress with a touch of color. Would look great with cardigan or a jacket.
Printed skirt - Easily matched with a black shirt and even a fitted jacket.
Blue coat - Great color for winter. Vibrant and strong colors look good on her.
Orange jacket - Lovely with a printed look or a cream skirt.
Suit - Elegant and a classic suit with a twist.
Suit - Great color and quite simple. Mathilde always looks great in tailored suits.

DVF

Printed dress - Great for a summer day. This can be worn to a private outing with the family or dressed up with a jacket to an official event.

Andrew Gn Fall 2013

Black dress - This would be such a lovely dress on Mathilde for a winter evening. I would just like it to be slightly longer.
Evening dress - A lovely shade of blue with black lace for a gala. Would be an amazing look matched with a tiara.

Andrew Gn Resort 2014

Jacket - Great colors and easily matched with anything.
Dress - Lovely dress for the evening for Mathilde. Would look great with gold accessories.
Coat - Great with a simple dress underneath.
Evening dress - Lovely shade of red with a mini cape. Would be nice to see her in something like this for an event.

Last edited:
Giorgio Armani Fall 2014

Jacket - Great jacket matched with a solid or printed skirt. This would be great if matched with a hat and a nice brooch.
Dress - Lovely dress and great colours for Mathilde. This would look good with a nice wrap around her shoulders.
Suit - Skirt needs to be longer but this is a pretty suit.
Another suit - Lovely jacket and a lovely outfit. This would work lovely in any other colour.

Armani Prive Fall 2014

Coat - Lovely shade of red and a colour Mathilde can pull off. It needs to be slightly longer and a nice dress can be worn underneath. Would look great with a hat.
Strapless dress - Mathilde has the height to pull this one off. Great dress to be worn for a state event matched with a tiara.

Natan Fall 2014

Outfit - Great color combination. Easily matched with a hat.

Christian Dior Pre Fall 2014

Dress - Great design and lovely embellishments, quite different form a plain dress for an evening event.

Christian Dior Fall 2014

Dress - Lovely dress for any evening event.

DVF Pre Fall 2014

Coat - Great coat and a lovely piece for winter. Mathilde always looks great in such pieces. This could be worn over pants, a skirt or even a dress.

DVF Fall 2014

Outfit - Each piece would look great on Mathilde but I wouldn't recommend the coat with the look. The coat can be easily worn with anything else.
Cape and dress - The cape is lovely and Mathilde would look great in it. The dress is a lovely colour and could look good for an evening event.

Temperley London Pre Fall 2014

Dress - Lovely dress and would be great in any colour.
Dress - Lovely fit and a great design for Mathilde.
Skirt - Great piece and easily matched with a back top and some gold jewellery to complete the look.

Temperley London Fall 2014

Long dress - Great dress for an evening event. Matched with some statement bangles and earrings.

Temperley London Resort 2015

Silver dress - Lovely dress and would look great on Mathilde if hair is pulled up into a soft hair do and some statement earrings.

Last edited:
Armani Prive Spring 2015

Jacket - Clean cut and lovely for a daytime or evening event depending with what she matches it with. This would look good matched with pants, a skirt or even a nice dress.
Jacket - Lovely jacket and a nice color for the season.
Dress - With her tall figure and slim frame this would be a perfect evening dress.
Black strapless dress - Stunning dress and a great fit for Mathilde's body shape.
Black dress - Lovely bottom part of the dress, this would look nice and simple with a simple top.
Shimmer dress - Its a nice color and a nice fit.
Skirt and top - Stunning outfit for Mathilde. The color combination is lovely. I would just suggest changing the top slightly so it's not so pointy.

Issa Resort 2015

Black cardigan - Great cardigan and elegant enough to wear to any official event. This looks more like a jacket but lighter which would be ideal for the hotter days.
Printed maxi dress - Lovely colors and a lovely design. Great for a summer party, concert or an evening event which doesn't require Mathilde to dress up much.
Jacket ** Printed dress - Would look great together or worn separately. These bright colors suit Mathilde well and so does the cuts.
Printed dress - Lovely knot detailing which makes this an elegant yet dressy look.
Coat ** coat - Same style but different colors, very wearable with almost anything. The oversized pockets make this a unique style.
Floral jacket - would be nice matched with a plain dress or even with a nice skirt. This jacket cut is ideal for Mathilde and so is the colors and the soft print.
Purple dress - Lovely shade of purple, would look great with a simple brooch or even a nice pendent long necklace.

DVF Resort 2015

Printed jumper - Great for the cooler days, easily worn with pants or a skirt. Would look great matched with a simple black coat or jacket.
Printed coat - Lovely coat and great color combination. Would look nice matched with a hat and a simple dress underneath.
printed dress - Lovely for spring or summer. The print is soft and the colors are lovely. Mathilde could pull this off with nude pumps and Imo would look great matched with a trench jacket to make it different.

Last edited:
Dries Van Noten Fall 2015

Coat - The print on the coat is very soft, this would be great for the cooler months
Jacket - Elegant yet the tie and puff is quite nice. Easily worn to a daytime event or an evening event.

Emporio Armani Fall 2015

Cape/coat - Lightweight yet dressy. Would be nice for winter.
Jacket and top - Both pieces are lovely but not together. They can be dressed up or down and Mathilde wears prints very well.
Red dress - Lovely red dress and a great color on Mathilde.
Coat - Lovely and classic piece. Would also look good left open.

Last edited:
Here are some looks Mathilde has only wore once that I hope she will wear again:

1 2 3 4 5 6

Good suggestions. I love Dries van Noten.
Now Raf Simons is leaving Dior I suppose that HM will stop wearing the brand. A pity as a few of her best recent outfits were by Dior.

:previous: the first two blue gowns are nice, specially the one she wore to Sweden, will go well with the Luxembourg's bright yellow sash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom