Fashion suggestions for Princess Mette-Marit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel S.

Aristocracy
Say do you think we could post some pics of outfits we'd like to see her in? Keeping in mind her position & body type.

I actually wanted to see if anyone is skilled enough to post a full length pic of MM & superimpose our clothing pics on her.

I just love this.Fashion to the rescue.I think sometimes she just need serious help.

Attachments

• 00060f.jpg
    00060f.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 720
  • 100124870.jpg
    100124870.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 674
  • 100126398.jpg
    100126398.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 756
  • 100126420.jpg
    100126420.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 677
  • 100123487.jpg
    100123487.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 704
  • 100123628.jpg
    100123628.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 679
I like this dress by Vera Wang.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 785
kwanfan said:
I like this dress by Vera Wang.

It really looks like something she would wear too... an important factor in my opinion. Good job. :)

Mette-Marit was critizised in VG today, for not wearing enough clothes from Norwegian designers. Anybody have an opinion on this?

norwegianne said:
Mette-Marit was critizised in VG today, for not wearing enough clothes from Norwegian designers. Anybody have an opinion on this?

Wow! You're so quick posting! You beat me to it almost every time :) (Today I couldn't post because my pc was playing up earlier).

I think CP Mette-Marits style has improved through the years, and that she looks great most of the time. And I think it is impossible to avoid Italian designers when you are Royal, but she could chose more Norwegian designers. Mayby she could take a call to CP Mary and ask her how she goes about chosing Danish designers, and use the advice in Norway? I think she should wear 60-70 % Norwegian designs and 40-30 % other designers (including Italian).

Also I think maybe CP Mette-Marit likes the cool simple style of the Italian designers. Could you imagine her in Princess Märthas red and yellow tulip dress :p

norwegianne said:

I am not too familiar with Norwegian designers -- how many there are and what their styles are like and whether they suit Mette-Marit's classic, simple style.

I think as Norway's Crown Princes it would be nice for her to don an outfit by a Norwegian designer now and then. She need not make every outfit she wears be by a Norwegian designer, but a little bit more often would be a good way of representing the Norwegian couture/fashion industry. Or even if she mixed and matched a skirt by a Norwegian designer with a Prada jacket that would be nice.

I think it's also very representative of royals to wear native designs or designers at very public events such as galas or on state visits. Such events always receive a lot of attention, even if it is just by royal watchers, and exposes people around the world to designers they might never have heard of. Everyone's heard of Prada, Chanel and Christian Lacroix, but until Mathilde came onto the royal scene I had no idea who Natan was.

What is the precedent in the royal family in terms of wearing Norwegian designers? Do Queen Sonja and Princess Martha Louise wear a lot of Norwegian designers?

I dont think MM needs to call Mary as Mary wears heeps of forreign designer clothes, just look at her recent trips to America and London as well as Danish. If she should give someone a call it would be Märtha, Letizia or Mathilde.

I think MM needs to contact some of the younger designers in Norway so that they can help her create a more personal style, like Märtha has managed with Wenche Lyche, I dont meen she should dress as Märtha but find some designers that will work for her, she already works with Ove Harder Finseth mainly for galas and he would be a good person to recomend someone to her.

The reason that the critisism comes now is that she has hardly been seen during the Norwegian fashion week until she showed up for Arne&Carlos show privatly on Thursday and she will visit the charity show today. The newspaper and their favourite Fashion Piraya Kikki Sørum, wishes that she would have attended more shows as an officila guest, like Mary, and not just show up privatly.

The article says that many of her gala dresses are indeed Norwegian but that she should use more Norwegian for minor engagememnts. They also suggests as Alexandria says that she could mix an italian jacket with say a Norwegian skirt or pants. Also that she should not wear bags where the label is visible (like the green croc Prada bag) as a Norwegian CP should not be an advertisment ad for italian design

Märtha wears almost exclusivly Norwegian designers and a little danish, and it is very difficult to regognice where her bags and shoes are from, last time she was identified in something italian was the Dolce and Gabbana dress for her prewedding youth party in 2002. Sonja uses Norwegian and Danish designers but she also likes italian, and many of her recent gala dresses has been by Dominique Sirrop.

I think MM misses out on unique Norwegian clothes by not wearing them more and that the Norwegian fashion industry is much, much smaler than the Danish and that she should help them as much as possible.

The article also wants the palace to say when she (and Märth and Sonja) uses norwegian designers but the palace has never commented on who makes the royal clothes (maybe bacause they are not always Norwegian)

Last edited:
I like this Norwegian designs for Mette-Marit.

Attachments

• 2fashion_028700_01CH7108.jpg
    2fashion_028700_01CH7108.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 506
  • 2fashion_028700_01CH7145.jpg
    2fashion_028700_01CH7145.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 340
  • 93_551941e.jpg
    93_551941e.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 354
Here is a Norwegian designed dress by Taule design that I think would look lovely on Mette-Marit.
http://www.tauledesign.com/gallery_pic_4.html
Another dress by Taule design
http://www.tauledesign.com/summer_pic_04.html
This green top by Taule design would also look nice on Mette-Marit I think
http://www.tauledesign.com/summer03_pic_03.html
This outfit by Taule design is beautiful
http://www.tauledesign.com/summer04_pic_7.html
Another beautiful Taule design dress
http://www.tauledesign.com/summer04_pic_3.html

i think she should add more colours to her wordrobe

is anyone colours analyst at this forum or is ther any good webbsite

what colours do you think she should wear

I think she looks good in Pink , Red Brown .

I think she should wear lighter colours, clothes that are too dark make her look matronly.

i also think mary is not the appropiate person to call. most of the clothes she wears are by international designers (she wore a lot of prada and hugo boss since the engagement, among others) and it seems to me the only danish designer she wears is mainly marlene birger. same happens with letizia, whose day outfits are always by felipe varela and night dresses by lorenzo caprile, or with mathilde or maxima, who use natan a lot. i appreciate that mette marit uses more than 1 or 2 of her country's designers, but i think many people want her to find her own, unique style. something like martha louise, for example...

all pictures from Marcio Madeira for VOGUE.COM

ELIE SAAB AUTUMN/WINTER 2006-7
untitled-7.jpg

Valentino Couture f/w06
untitled4-2.jpg
untitled3-2.jpg
untitled1-2.jpg

ALBERTA FERRETTI AUTUMN/WINTER 2005-6
af2.jpg
af1.jpg
af.jpg

CAROLINA HERRERA AUTUMN/WINTER 2005-6
ch3.jpg
ch1.jpg
ch.jpg

all from Marcio Madeira for VOGUE.COM

VALENTINO AUTUMN/WINTER 2005-6
va1.jpg
untitled-8.jpg

Rocha f/w06
ro.jpg

Last edited:
from vogue.co.uk

CAROLINA HERRERA SPRING/SUMMER 2004
m.jpg

BILL BLASS SPRING/SUMMER 2004
bb.jpg

AMANDA WAKELEY SPRING/SUMMER 2006
untitled3-3.jpg

JOHN ROCHA SPRING/SUMMER 2006
untitled1-4.jpg
untitled-15.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to see Mette-Marit wear some items by Carolina Herrera. Valentino might be a good choice for her, but I think some of his cuts my be unforgiving on her. Not in a negative way, mind you. Also, I would have loved to seen her in Rochas spring/summer 2006 ready to wear collection.

The house of Rochas, sadly, will close after this season. Despite sales grossing over 30 % last year the acclaimed designer, Olivier Theyskens, decided to close the highly praised fashion house. I believe it was due to stiff competition and Theyskens' refusal to branch out into the perfume as well as designer bag area, which many houses do to support the clothing line. Sales in the designer perfumes and bags make more money than the closes themselves.

The house of Rochas most well known supporter is Queen Rania. It's too bad, I believe Mette-Marit would have looked fantastic in Rochas. The cut, use of fabrics, presentation, and style is right up Mette-Marits alley.

I love Mette Marit in Valentino I think she looks great, :wub:

These are a couple of photographs originally posted by Larzen in Mette Marit's Gala dresses

These are my favourite Mette-Marit's gala dresses, and also a couple of Ove Harder Finseth. I think she looks great with them, they definitely suit her and her figure

The dresses posted by ZZZ would look great on her, I think she is a bit shy when wearing and perhaps she should be a bit more daring, and trying things as Carolina Herrera and Rochas as Glittering Tiaras and ZZZ, both of you, have said

:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oscar de la Renta resort collection 2007. Ive seen some pictures in the recycle wardrobe thread, i thought MM looked great in white pants and since it was a nice top, this would be a perfect outfit:ROFLMAO:

from style.com

Hi I have been looking photographs of the Cibeles Pasarela, when I saw these dresses I thought that Mette-Marit would look great on them, as they have a cut she has previously worn and she looked gourgeous on it.

I hope you like them :flowers:

The first two dresses are by Roberto Torretta, and the third and fourth are by Devota y Lomba. Both are Spanish designers and the dresses are from the Autumn/Winter 06-07 coleccions. :flowers:

olga7777
the navy blue dress is very royal. dont you think? it is indeed MM's color and style. with her hair up, nice simple tiara and nice earings that would be a great choice

dazzling said:
olga7777
the navy blue dress is very royal. dont you think? it is indeed MM's color and style. with her hair up, nice simple tiara and nice earings that would be a great choice

Something like you say, she would look lovely and different from the kind of outfit she usually wears. I know she has worn these kind of cuts previously, and she looked stunning. So when I saw the dresses, I thought she would look great. :wub:

She is a bit shy wearing, and she should be, in my opinion, a bit daring with clothes. ;)

Thanks for the comment :flowers:

olga7777 said:

She is a bit shy wearing, and she should be, in my opinion, a bit daring with clothes. ;)

Thanks for the comment :flowers:

thats very true. she is shy when dressing up sometimes but she is very daring time to time. thats quit weird. shy people tend to stay away from attention and eye catching things

There is a certain quirkiness in her that it's so lovely :wub: That is why I would like her to be a bit daring, but perhaps it's what you are saying that every now and then she tries to be daring and wear something different.
:flowers:

This would look great on MM, it'll look nicer if it was on long. The extra detailing of the belt adds a unique touch since grand dresses dont have belts. Its different.
1.Elie Saab fall2006 style.com
2 & 3 Carolina Herrera spring 2006 style.com

Valentino coutire spring2006 style.com

First evening dress you have posted is stunning, :w00t2: she would surely look great on it. I'm sure Haakon would propose her again on that dress. It's gorgeous, and the Red one is really beautiful as well.

The black skirt suit is really beautiful as well. :flowers: The white blouse and black skirt is something of the type she has worn before, I would be surprised to see her in it or in something like it:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom