Fashion suggestions for Princess Mette-Marit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few spring/summer choices

Giles (printed one sleeve dress) - I think the color & the print with MM's height could wear this really nicely. This seems like a flattering dress & the style & cut is quite different.
Erdem - A soft printed dress which would look amazing on MM and im sure she would pull such a dress of well with the right make up. I think is would be nice a different from the colors she tends to go for (pastel).
Lella Rose - A white top that could be matched with absolutely anything & white is a color that MM tends tow ear well. I would love to see this matched with a printed skirt.
Valentino - A strapless lace & chiffon gown which would look pretty cool on MM.

A great Oscar de la Renta dress worn with a hat or not during summer.

An Elie Saab couture spring 2011 one shoulder dress, I like the detailing and the lace on the dress, with her height, MM can pull this off very well. The color is also a great choice.

Elie Saab couture spring 2011 cocktail dress ideal for any evening event, I like the fullness of the skirt & the work put into the dress.

Alberta Ferretti dress ideal for summer, I love the strong colors for MM. This is something she would look good in and a great change from the neutral colors she tends to go for.

Bottega Veneta Fall 2011 - This would be great on MM for fall, also could wear it in summer. Its elegant and very soft in color, something that MM usually goes for neutral colors but this just adds the right amount of color to the look.
Bottega Veneta Fall 2011 - Lovely overall and would look really nice with a nice headpiece or hat.
Bottega Veneta Fall 2011 - This would add the perfect color worn over a plain off white dress IMO. A color that MM could pull off.
Bottega Veneta Fall 2011 - A lovely black dress which could be worn to a cocktail event, awards night or event to a concert. Would love to see her in this with a nice loose hair pulled up.

Naeem Khan Fall 2011 - Beautiful long evening gown, the strapless part would work in MM, the color is a color she usually wears for the evening and the embellishments and work on it make it the perfect dress to match a tiara.
Naeem Khan Fall 2011 - Lovely white one shoulder dress with embellishments, MM looks stunning in white and this is a cut the would look stunning on her especially with her height. Diamond earrings, bracelet and this would be a winning look.

Bottega Veneta Pre Fall 2011 - This is quite a dark look but as MM loves her black outfits, the skirt adds some color with the red which would be nice for winter.
Bottega Veneta Pre Fall 2011 - Lovely simple black dress with just the perfect amount of color - yellow. Great for any event IMO, she could dress this up or down easily.

Badgley Mischka Fall 2011 - Purple evening dress which could be worn any season, the color is vibrant and its a color that MM can easily pull pull off. This is not a tiara dress IMO but a nice dinner/gala/wedding dress. The detailing on the waist & shoulders make this not just a simple sleeveless dress.
Badgley Mischka Fall 2011 - Little black dress which is quite elegant and timeless IMO.

I love the purple dress.And I can't really picture her in the first outfit.

I could see Mette-Marit wearing...

Bottega Veneta Fall 2011: 1 and 2
Naeem Khan Fall 2011: 1
Bottega Veneta Pre Fall 2011: 2
Badgley and Mischka: 2

Elie Saab SS 12

Blue dress - Great color and great cut for MM. The lace inserts in the dress is very pretty. A lovely shade like this can easily look good on her.

Valentino Couture SS12

Embellishment dress - A perfect cocktail dress. This would look great without the sheer sleeves and collar underneath.
This dress and also this dress would look amazing on MM.

Prada SS12

Skirt - A lovely lace printed skirt. Would looks great for an evening event if dressed up well or a daytime event.
Dress - White is a color that MM pulls off well. This dress with the print is simple yet dressy.
Jacket & Skirt - Both are lovely pieces together or separate. The jacket is quite dressy which can be worn to an evening event over a dress.
Coat - Beautiful printed coat which could look great over a plain dress, matched with pants or even a nice skirt.

Prada Resort 12

Polka dot dress - Lovely detailed dress. MM would look great in this and with colored killer heels.

Emilio Pucci Pre Fall 12

Lace nude dress - Beautiful piece for evening. Simple undo with earrings and MM is set to go.
Blue dress with lace - Lovely shade and the combination of blue and black is great. The only thing I would change for MM is the ruffle bit on the waist.
Black coat - Lovely coat with a straight cut. This would work over a daytime outfit or even over an evening dress.

Emilio Pucci Resort 12

White dress - Lovely dress, especially the color is a good choice for MM. The puff shoulders make this a cool dress.
Jacket - A perfect shade for the season and its a classic piece which can be worn for many coming years. This is a color which Id love to see on MM. Easily matched with anything.

Elie Saab Couture 12

Printed dress - The volume of the dress, color and print is so MM. Id love to see this on her with a tiara.
Peach dress - Peach dress which is quite plain which is ideal which can be dressed up with the embellishment top part.
Short dress - This is a color MM will look lovely in especially with her really light hair color. The dress has a great cut and puff to it as well.

Last edited:
FALL 2012 COUTURE Giambattista Valli

Evening dress - The color is lovely and the print is great, not so bold. I think this would look good on MM.
Strapless dress - Another lovely green dress which would look great with a tiara.

Resort 2013
Jacket - Wearable with anything and its a color which looks good on her. Great for a casual outing or an official event.

Spring 2013
Boxy jacket - Lovely shade of red, would look good with a crisp white top and a matching red skirt or over a dress with a hat.

RESORT 2013 Alberta Ferretti

Printed dress - Lovely shade of purple, the print is lovely so is the simple style. Such string colors look great on her and I personally think she needs to add more color into her wardrobe.

SPRING 2013 READY-TO-WEAR Oscar De La Renta

Outfit - The combination of the sweater with the skirt work well so does the colours, its different & she could pull this off.

Last edited:
FALL 2012 COUTURE Giambattista Valli

Evening dress - The color is lovely and the print is great, not so bold. I think this would look good on MM.
Strapless dress - Another lovely green dress which would look great with a tiara.

Resort 2013
Jacket - Wearable with anything and its a color which looks good on her. Great for a casual outing or an official event.

Spring 2013
Boxy jacket - Lovely shade of red, would look good with a crisp white top and a matching red skirt or over a dress with a hat.

RESORT 2013 Alberta Ferretti

Printed dress - Lovely shade of purple, the print is lovely so is the simple style. Such string colors look great on her and I personally think she needs to add more color into her wardrobe.

SPRING 2013 READY-TO-WEAR Oscar De La Renta

Outfit - The combination of the sweater with the skirt work well so does the colours, its different & she could pull this off.

The second dress from Valli you posted was worn by Juliana Margulies to this year's Emmy awards in the US, and it gets washed out in a lot of photos.

Alberta Ferretti Resort 2013
Printed dress - Lovely dress and colour combination for MM.

Elie Saab Resort 2013
Evening dress - An evening dress that could work for almost any event. The embellishment placing is nice & it would be something different for MM. Black is a great color on her as well.

Reem Acra Resort 2013
Strapless dress - Lovely teal color, cut looks great and its a perfect evening/gala dress.

Badgley Mischka Spring 2013
White short dress - Its a nice and new style for MM. Great for a dinner, luncheon or concert IMO.

Valentino Resort 2013
Dress - Lovely flattering cut, with heavy make up and hair open or pulled back I think she could pull this off.

Valentino Spring 2013
Navy coat - Very elegant and very wearable for official events & visits. This would look lovely with a headpiece/hat.

White dress - Great spring/summer dress and very wearable. Would look great with a fitted white jacket.

Suit - Lovely tailored suit.

Andrew GN Resort 2013
Black dress - Simple and wearable dress.

Black dress - Another wearable dress and yes its another black dress.

Andrew GN Spring 2013
Black & white dress - Lovely fitted cut. MM looks good in such dresses. Easy piece to wear, matched with a jacket or coat for any event.

Evening dress - Lovely tailored cut and with her height I think she would pull this off very well.

Carolina Herrera Resort 2013
Suit - Love the suit and the colors. Great for a state visit or an official visit. The colors would look lovely on her as well for spring or summer.

Cocktail dress - Great combination and a color that she could easily pull off.

Carolina Herrera Spring 2013
Printed dress - Lovely one shoulder dress. The colors are very soft yet pretty combination. MM looks great in such colors and the print isn't too busy.

Last edited:
Giambattista Valli Pre Spring 2013
Red evening dress - Lovely shade and a great design for MM.
Pink jacket - Lovely jacket that is ideal for spring/summer.
Dress - Elegant sleeveless dress that can be matched with a coat or jacket. This is a shade that could look great on her.

Giambattista Valli Spring 2013
Red suit - Red is a nice shade on her. Id like to see such a suit on her. This would look really nice with a simple headpiece as well.
Black dress - MM loves her black and this is a nice black dress with a nude belt and a lace top part.
White dress - Beautiful dress and MM would look great in this especially since she wears white well.

Giambattista Valli Fall 2013
Coat - This sis such a lovely piece. This is a color MM would look good in and a coat that she could use for evening events. I would just change the style for it to be a bit more flattering.
Dress - Lovely dress for winter with a nice print in a great shade of red.

Valentino Couture Spring 2013
Red dress - Lovely cut for a state visit or to be worn with a tiara. Shade is great on MM.
White dress - Lovely dress with lovely detailing.

Valentino Pre-Fall 2013
Skirt suit - Great black suit that MM could wear and won't look like "another black suit". The hem is quite pretty but I would shorten the length slightly. The jacket is somehow boxy/fitted which is nice.

Valentino Fall 2013
Dress - Great color and great work all over. Its a shade I would love to see on her one day. She could look stunning in this.
Dress - Great shade of blue and a lace dress on her would be a nice change. I would just adjust the neckline to not be so closed.
Red dress - The cut is lovely and reminds me of her wedding dress in a way. This would be a winner on her.

Last edited:
2 suggestions 1. Brush your hair 2. Don't wear maternity clothes if you are not expecting

Alberta Ferretti & Philosophy Spring 2013 & Pre Fall 2013

Printed dress - Great for summer outdoor dinner/event. MM could easily match this with a cream jacket, shawl or a blush pink jacket. Soft colors and soft prints look good on her IMO.
Printed dress - Great for any event with a coat over it to dress it up and a hat or could be worn with a jacket.
Dress - Great for the season. I love the colors and the colors she could wear well. The cut is flattering IMO.
Pink dress - Great for any evening event.
Evening dress front view ** Back view - This would be a lovely change to all the lace and ruffled dresses MM wears. Also the color is quite strong which she can easily pull off. Hair up and nice earrings would complete the look.
Dress - Lovely white dress with detailing. Would look nice with a headpiece IMO.
printed top - Great for spring and summer. Lovely soft colors and can be worn with almost any color.
Coat - Beautiful lightweight coat. A large brim hat would complete the look.
Simple skirt suit - Very simple suit, great color and this would look good on her.

Tory Burch

Top - Id like to see this on her and in the same color. Matched with a black pencil skirt, this could look really nice.
Dress - Lovely printed dress, great colors. Easily matched with a jacket or coat.
Purple dress - The embellishment straps are pretty and add to the dress. This is also a color she would look good in.
Jacket - Lovely jacket to be worn over a plain grey or white dress. Easily matched with a hat.

Prada Pre Fall 2013

Skirt suit - This would be a lovely suit if the skirt wasn't so flared and minus the fur. Great for winter and its a lovely color.
Coat - Great coat and she could wear this nicely with a hat or headpiece for a winter event.

Emilio Pucci

Printed dress - Great print and lovely color. Would look great with a black coat or worn alone with sandals.
Purple blazer - Great color for MM and she could match this with a skirt or pants.
Cape - A very wearable cape and a nice color for the season. The length makes it a bit different from other capes we see.

Last edited:

Funny... Maybe does she read this forum?:cool:

Alberta Ferretti & Philosophy Spring 2013 & Pre Fall 2013

Printed dress - Great for summer outdoor dinner/event. MM could easily match this with a cream jacket, shawl or a blush pink jacket. Soft colors and soft prints look good on her IMO.
Printed dress - Great for any event with a coat over it to dress it up and a hat or could be worn with a jacket.
Dress - Great for the season. I love the colors and the colors she could wear well. The cut is flattering IMO.
Pink dress - Great for any evening event.
Evening dress front view ** Back view - This would be a lovely change to all the lace and ruffled dresses MM wears. Also the color is quite strong which she can easily pull off. Hair up and nice earrings would complete the look.
Dress - Lovely white dress with detailing. Would look nice with a headpiece IMO.
printed top - Great for spring and summer. Lovely soft colors and can be worn with almost any color.
Coat - Beautiful lightweight coat. A large brim hat would complete the look.
Simple skirt suit - Very simple suit, great color and this would look good on her.

Tory Burch

Top - Id like to see this on her and in the same color. Matched with a black pencil skirt, this could look really nice.
Dress - Lovely printed dress, great colors. Easily matched with a jacket or coat.
Purple dress - The embellishment straps are pretty and add to the dress. This is also a color she would look good in.
Jacket - Lovely jacket to be worn over a plain grey or white dress. Easily matched with a hat.

Prada Pre Fall 2013

Skirt suit - This would be a lovely suit if the skirt wasn't so flared and minus the fur. Great for winter and its a lovely color.
Coat - Great coat and she could wear this nicely with a hat or headpiece for a winter event.

They are very good choice, the Alberta Ferretti Collection seems to be very similar to her taste of fashionstyle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Emilio Pucci

Printed dress - Lovely colours and great for summer for a night event like a concert. This would look nice with a black coat over it.
Blue dress - Elegant and simple dress. Lovely colour for MM. Simply worn with a coat for the cold months.
Printed dress - Lovely dress for the daytime or evening.

Missoni

Dress - Lovely style and great colours, would look great with a jacket or a coat over it.
Dress - Lovely style and great colours, would look great at any event.
Coat - Wearable with anything solid underneath, MM would look lovely in the warm colours.

Valentino

Cocktail dress - Stunning colour on her and the touches of pink adds a nice finishing to the dress.
Cocktail dress 2 - Great cut and style, this is a nice dress for MM for any evening event.
Dress - Lovely colours and it can be dressed up or down.
Look - Lovely look for MM for any official event. This can be matched with a coat for the winter months.
Black lace dress - Black is her favourite colour and this dress would look nice on her. The length is great.
Long dress - She has the height to pull this off, lovely with oversized earrings and hair pulled up.
Coat - Simple and elegant.
Butterfly coat - Lovely with a dress or skirt and top. I wouldn't mind seeing this with a headpiece.
Dress - Great dress and the collar will suit her well.
Coat - Lovely coat and great colours, this would be lovely over a solid colour dress like a deep purple.

Last edited:
The first two Valentino dresses are to die for. I can perfectly see MM in them.

Mariette Røed Torjussen

Skirt and top - Lovely outfit and great colors for any seasons.
Black dress - This would look great on MM either short or long. Hair up and a tiara would complete this look.
Dress - Lovely simple black dress. Hair in a simple bun and MM would look lovely.

Giambattista Valli Couture Spring 2015

Yellow dress - I love the color and I think the color would look nice on MM. The style is very much her style.
Red and white dress - Lovely simple yet dressy dress. I would slightly change the design by reducing the sleeves/shoulder detailing.
Simple dress - Lovely simple dress yet wearable to any event. This would also look great with big earrings.

Giambattista Valli Pre Fall 2015

Coat - Lovely blocking color and very wearable. This would also look lovely with a hat.
Jacket and Skirt - Great colors and a great pattern. This is an elegant yet dressy evening suit.
Evening dress
Evening dress

Last edited:
Valentino Spring and Pre Fall 2015

Printed top - A cool print, great colors and can look lovely with a plain skirt or pants.
Floral dress - Lovely for a reception or a daytime event if dressed down.
Sweater with lace - Elegant and dressy. White is a nice color for the Crown Princess.
Skirt - Lovely shades of colors, a nice style and these colors always look good on Mette-Marit. This could look great under coat or matched with a jacket or event with a plain white shirt.
Lace skirt - Simple yet elegant.
Yellow lace dress - Great for summer.

Scarf - Nice colors and could look good matched with a black, white or blue dress.
Vlack and white dress - Simple yet elegant dress. The white lines are lovely.
Geometric skirt - Lovely length and print but needs to be worn right like under a black jacket or matched with nice black jacket.
Black dress - Lovely dress for Mette-Marit and would look great with ruby earrings and bangles.
Colored skirt - Perfect colors for Mette-Marit and a great piece for her. Matched with a plain shirt.

Last edited:
I think Mette Marit would look great in a kind retro style à la Joan (Christina Hendriks) from the TV series Mad Men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom