Fashion Suggestions for Princess Mary

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This dress is nice:
Alexander McQueen Fall 2007 Ready-to-Wear Collection Slideshow on Style.com
(You have to try and ignore the painted gold skin and garish runway hair/makeup - but with her dark hair done up it would look great!)

I like this dress as a more daytime dress (probably for winter though):
Alberta Ferretti Fall 2007 Ready-to-Wear Collection Slideshow on Style.com
They show it in a magenta as well - it would look fantastic with a large, bold necklace, it's something that CP mary can carry off well.

She could carry something like this well too:
Badgley Mischka Fall 2007 Ready-to-Wear Collection Slideshow on Style.com
I think she looks fab in bolde colours

This looks good - kinda like the Ferreti one:
Bottega Veneta Fall 2007 Ready-to-Wear Collection Slideshow on Style.com
and I love the top of this one
Bottega Veneta Fall 2007 Ready-to-Wear Collection Slideshow on Style.com
I adore the colour of this one

Rose1991 said:
Could this be it? I'm not sure though - it's at an art exhibition reception in London:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Yes, that's the dress I was talking about :flowers: There's also this dress which I think looks great on Mary and would love to see her wear again, or something along these lines at least

(Getty Images)

Don't like the cardigan with it. I think the dress would look good belted. That's a serious looking dress so Mary's hair should at least be worn down and curled or done in a nice bun. The ponytail says carefree but the dress doesn't so the look conflicts. JMO.

But I do like the dress.:)

kerry said:
Don't like the cardigan with it. I think the dress would look good belted. That's a serious looking dress so Mary's hair should at least be worn down and curled or done in a nice bun. The ponytail says carefree but the dress doesn't so the look conflicts. JMO.

But I do like the dress.:)

She could also wear her hair down with it for something slightly more relaxed - but i agree the pony tail is a bit too casual.

I was just thinking she would look great in the giorgio armani stuff too.

Rose1991,
Overall, I do like Armani but I have to admit that I don't keep up with the expensive fasion houses anymore since I can't afford them. I can't exactly see Mary at two of my favs either, JCrew or Banana Republic.

I really like her hair off her face like she had it with the bold purple print dress you posted.

From the spring/summer collections 2008(style.com)

DVF
Bill blass - I love the print of this suit. I also like the fact that the jacket is fittede while the skirt flares abit
Bill blass - a lovely dress imo
MaxAzria - looks like a wlovely suit, ideal for spring maybe
MaxAzria - i like the jacket also the idea of the dress underneth
Carolina Herrera - a lovely print & great color
J. Mendel - love the dress, but maybe in a different color
J. Mendel - great length & color. Like all the details
Oscar de la Renta - a lovely dress, like the shading at the bottom
Oscar de la Renta - this is really elegent, would look lovely with a feathered hat/hair piece

Spring/summer 08 collection:)

Celine - i like the loose look of the cardigan
aquascutum - love the soft pastal colored print on the side
Elie Tahari - white & black seem to be boring but this is fun since the skirt has its own style as well as the top.
Elie Tahari - i like the whole look, the print on coat is lovely
Donna Karen - simply elegent
E.Armani - perfect summer outfit.
Nicole Miller - i think the color combination & print is lovely
Nicole Miller - lovely dress for a hot summer

Danish designer DAY BIRGER ET MIKKELSEN :D
Outfit 1 - find the colors great as well as the style
Outfit 2 - a very cute dress

Luca Luca - lovely color and dress

Valentino - imo, lovely dress, like the slit and the ribbon/tie on teh side
Valentino - great mix of fabric also nice color

Regarding eveningwear, next week the Spring/Summer 2008 Paris Haute Couture shows begin, and I'm sure there will be some amazing gowns this season that would look great on Mary.

Here's the schedule:

January 21:
ANNE VALERIE HASH
10h30 36 boulevard Bonne Nouvelle - Paris 10e

FELIPE OLIVEIRA BAPTISTA
12h00 Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts - Salle Melpomène - 13 quai Malaquais - Paris 6e

CHRISTIAN DIOR
14h30 Polo de Paris - Route des Moulins - Bois de Boulogne - Paris 16e

CHRISTOPHE JOSSE
16h00 Palais de Tokyo - 13 avenue du Président Wilson - Paris 16e

ON AURA TOUT VU
17h00 Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts - Salle Melpomène - 13 quai Malaquais - Paris 6e

GIORGIO ARMANI PRIVÉ
18h30 Palais de Chaillot - 1 place du Trocadéro - Paris 16e

ADELINE ANDRÉ
20h00 Institut Hongrois de Paris - 92 rue Bonaparte - Paris 6e

January 22:
CHANEL
10h00 et 12h00 Grand Palais - avenue Winston Churchill - Paris 8e

BOUDICCA
13h30 Voir invitation

CATHY PILL
14h30 Hôtel Ritz - salle Louis XV - 1 place Vendôme - Paris 1er

CHRISTIAN LACROIX
15h30 Centre Georges Pompidou - entrée par la rue Beaubourg - Paris 4e

GUSTAVO LINS
16h30 Joyce - 168/173 Galerie de Valois - Paris 1er

MAURIZIO GALANTE
17h30 Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts - Salle Melpomène - 13 quai Malaquais - Paris 6e

GIVENCHY
19h00 Couvent des Cordeliers - 15 rue de l'Ecole de Médecine - Paris 6e

EYMERIC FRANCOIS
20h00 Hôtel Westin - Salon Concorde - 3 rue de Castiglione - Paris 1er

January 23:
FRANCK SORBIER
11h00 Voir invitation

ELIE SAAB
13h00 Hôtel Intercontinental Paris Le Grand - 3 rue Auber - Paris 9e

JEAN PAUL GAULTIER
14h30 325 rue Saint-Martin - Paris 3e

DOMINIQUE SIROP
16h00 Salon des Miroirs - 13 passage Jouffroy - Paris 9e

VALENTINO
18h00 Musée Rodin – 77 rue de Varenne - Paris 7e

January 24:
ALEXIS MABILLE 10h00 Salon Angelina - 226 rue de Rivoli - Paris 1er

LEFRANC.FERRANT
11h00 Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts - Salle Melpomène - 13 quai Malaquais - Paris 6e

JEAN-PAUL KNOTT
14h30 Salle Gaveau - 45 rue La Boëtie - Paris 8e

UDO EDLING
15h30 Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts - Salle Melpomène - 13 quai Malaquais - Paris 6e

STÉPHANE ROLLAND
16h30 Hôtel Westin - 3 rue de Castiglione - Paris 1er

JOSEP FONT
17h30 149 rue Saint-Honoré - Paris 1er

MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA
163 rue Saint-Maur - Paris 11e

Last edited:
HEARTMADE / JULIE FAGERHOLT
New Spring summer colletion, lets go there and see what Marys is going to wear next srirng-summer
pag. 30 summer vacations
pag. 17 evening wear
pag.36 will look good on her maybe to her trip to Australia a casual look!

Last edited:
Spring 2008 Couture - Armani Privé

Strapless silver gold dress - Dress shape and color are just great. Would suit Mary very well especially with her dark hair.
A short dress - Color would be different for Mary, also the cut and style is great.Maybe with a smaller bow or without it.
Strapless gala dress - Lovely detailing of the style and embroidery.
Gala dress - Teal is one of the great colors on Mary, the flowiness of this is nice.

Elie Saab Haute Couture spring/summer08

Strapless long dress - Maybe in a different color. I like the cut and lines of crystals
Short dress - Like the bow(?) on the waist. Mary could pull this off well imo. I also like the small embroided jacket with it.

Pre-Fall collection 2008

DVF printed dress & Cardigan - a dress which Mary would look great in, she can also wear print very well.
Badgley Mischka dress - a lovely silver strapless dress, would look nice if matched up with a fur coat/jacket. The bead work makes it look rich
Bill Blass - Lovely outfit, love the colors, white/silver/grey. Very elegent. Could also be worn without the coat which would give it more of a less formal look
Oscar de la Renta - Love the outfit & color combination. I would like it better if the skirt part wasnt as full as it is.
Oscar de la Renta - black beaded dress with a red jacket, very elegent, the jacket combination is also very nice. Id like to see Mary in a rich black dress like this one.

Honestly, I would just like her to do even more recycling than she does now. There is a lot we haven't seen again that I would love to see. Of course, many could have been loaner outfits too. she does recycle a lot already. I love to figure out where she has worn something before.

From Getty Images:

B Michael - Runway - Spring 09 MBFW
NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 05: A model walks the runway at the B Michael Spring 2009 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Arena on September 5, 2008 in New York City. (Photo by Fernanda Calfat/Getty Images for IMG)

I think that these would all look good on Mary:

Pink summer dress
Black dress
And this pink and orange evening dress would make a statement

Badgley Mischka Spring 2009 Ready-to-Wear

Jacket & printed skirt - The print is pretty & colorful which is ideal for spring/summer. The jacket detailing is interesting and I could really see such a color on Mary.

Printed dress - This could be dressed up or down. Dressed up with a black shrug or shawl and down with a nice white cardigan.

Elie Saab Spring 2009 Ready-to-Wear

Off the shoulder jersey dress - IMO, this is a great color, very soft/pale pink. I think it would look beautiful on Mary but would not like to see it with a tiara.

Green embroidered/chiffon gown - A pale green which would give length and I like the over laying of the chiffon to the front part which IMO adds some movement to the dress.

Last edited:

Jacket & printed skirt - The print is pretty & colorful which is ideal for spring/summer. The jacket detailing is interesting and I could really see such a color on Mary.

Printed dress - This could be dressed up or down. Dressed up with a black shrug or shawl and down with a nice white cardigan.

Off the shoulder jersey dress - IMO, this is a great color, very soft/pale pink. I think it would look beautiful on Mary but would not like to see it with a tiara.

Green embroidered/chiffon gown - A pale green which would give length and I like the over laying of the chiffon to the front part which IMO adds some movement to the dress.

WOW gorgeous choices. You could dress her anytime. I will volunteer for your shopping list. :flowers: Love the pink gown.

CP Mary would be great in Elie Saab dresses.

dazzling: excellent choices, if i would have moeny i would get you to choose my cloths too!

Thank you to all who liked the choices

Basil Soda Haute Couture s/s2009

Rose gold strapless dress - IMO, this is a color which stands out and the mixture of fabrics works well which gives the dress a flowy movement. Wouldnt work with a sash.

Gold embrodiered dress - Simply stunning and elegent. Would work with Mary's height.

Dark silver gown - This is a winner IMO, with hair up or down this dress is lovely. Its not over the top but it is very elegent.

George Hobeika Haute Couture s/s2009

Gold embroiered gown - If Mary was to be pregnant when a gala dinner was around the corner or new years reception, then this is a gown I woul love to see her in. It fall nicely and the over lap of fabric is elegent. Maybe not so much volume to the puff.

Elie Saab Haute Couture s/s2009

Lavender flower gown - Simply beautiful and flowers suit Mary. The flowers on the dress are elegent and the color is perfect for the season. The dress could do with the slit abit lower and the flowers on th eneckline can be removed or for a new style they can be kept.

Sky blue gown - Im not too sure about the one shoulder, I think the gown can do without it. Mary has worn this color before (Marie & Joachim's wedding) and it did looke very nice o n her. The gown moves softly with the extra piece of fabric on the back and the embroidery is simple and elegent. A nice gown with a tiara.

Valentino Haute Couture s/s2009

White coat/flower detail - Very elegent coat. Would look great with hair done simply open or with a nice simple white hat or head piece.

She needs to become bff's with Lagerfeld like the Casiraghi's, if she isn't already.

Elie Saab F/W2010

Dress - Love color for Mary and the style is quite pretty and elegent.
Dress - I'd love to see her in a fitted dress such as this but without the sleeves. The work on the side adds a nice touch to the overall look.
This dress would look lovely if in a different color but not black. I think Mary could pull off the cut very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom