Fashion Suggestions for Princess Mary

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely suggestions Dazzling, where did you get the pictures from?

Lovely suggestions Dazzling, where did you get the pictures from?

Thanks. style.com :)

I would love to see this dress in a different shade, maybe purple or blue on Mary, the detailing is very pretty and it looks like a light dress.
The dress is by Georges Hobeika couture f/w2010 collection.

Pregnancy choices for Mary's 3rd pregnancy

Since Princess Mary is expecting twins (3rd pregnancy) here is a few choices.

Temperley long gown - The color would suit Mary, the detailing adds a nice touch to the look and it looks like a gown with a lovely over layer chiffon piece.

Salvatore F - A lovely yellow & white print dress, I deal for a cocktail event or a daytime event. Its loose and looks quite comftable.

Nina Ricci - Lovely evening gown with the right jewels, the cut under the bust line looks like it would make an ideal pregnancy dress without giving it the maternity dress look.

Jenny Peckham - Lovely ice blue dress with crystal detailing on the shoulders. Also quite like the ruffles on the dress which would look lovely once Mary is bigger.

and another ideal evening dress with one strap

Missoni coat - Lovely loose/baggy coat. Would match with anything which could also be used after she has her babies.

this & this would work lovely as well.

Elie saab's dresses this and this both would also work, colors work on Mary lovely as well as the cuts. Great for New Years gala if Mary was to attend them or any other dinner.

I was hoping you'd do some suggestions for Mary.
The lilac coloured one strap evening dress is beautiful.

Some nice suggestions, dazzling! For a day event, I think the Salvatore F dress has potential but in a different colour. For evening wear, I like the gowns by Nina Ricci and Elie Saab, but I think his might be too asymmetrical for the what Mary typically wears so maybe a modification of these. I especially like the Jenny Peckham dress.

Danish brand I think, they show at Copenhagen fashion week Avia of Scandinavia SS12

Skirt - Lovely skirt that looks like soft lace or crochet. This would look lovely for spring/summer with a very filled blazer and a colored top. The skirt can be dressed up or down.
Dress - This is such a cool dress and the cut is great. I would soften the gathering on the sides a bit.

Hugo Boss SS12

Top - This is such a lovely top with that pink through it.
Outfit - I really like this outfit, its a lovely suit and quite refreshing as it isn't a solid color but not done too much with the print. It would look so cool and young with a light colored top, not white.

By Malenie Birger SS12

Evening dress - A lovely evening dress with nice embellishment. Since all the work is done in black, this would look great on any colored dress if altered specially for Mary.
Jacket - Great jacket for the season, I quite like the yellowish trimming around the jacket which could be matched with almost anything. Mary could wear this to an official event or even a days out.

Last edited:
Some lovely pieces for Mary - only I am not sure about those by Hugo Boss...I can see Mary in the top, but perhaps for private wear or a very casual event, and while the suit is very nice, Mary (from what I have seen) does not wear a lot of suits but tends to be more mix and match, so maybe the skirt and jacket worn separately...?

After seeing the photos of Mary in Brussels wearing a matching green jacket and skirt - maybe I am wrong about Mary and suits!

Collette Dinnigan Spring 2012

Navy lace dress - Mary pulls lace of well, this is a nice dress which could be dressed up or down with the right hair-do and jewelry. I quite like the color as well.
Dress - This looks like it has embellishments all over mixed in with lace, the color and cut is lovely. Perfect for a state visit gala or opera. I would love to see her in this but in a floor length version with a tiara.

Collette Dinnigan Fall 2012

Evening dress - Lovely dress, the embellishments on th stop part i every elegant.

Prada Spring 2012

Printed coat - Love this coat, would be great for a hat event. A nice plain dress would work well.
Skirt - Lovely skirt, would easily be matched with a plain top, can be dressed up or down.
Dress - Great for summer! Mary would look great in this.
Dress - I like the fact this has long sleeves, the print is nice, a bit different. The colors are soft. Great look with hair pulled up.
Outfit - The overall of this look is great! The strong shade of red is broken down with the top part. The embellishments on the shoulders dress the jacket up well.
Coat - Lovely color, great for an evening cover up over a dress.

You always offer such lovely suggestions, dazzling!

My favourite for Mary is probably this Collette Dinnigan dress:

Dress - This looks like it has embellishments all over mixed in with lace, the color and cut is lovely. Perfect for a state visit gala or opera. I would love to see her in this but in a floor length version with a tiara.

And, I agree that it should be a floor length version.

It is fortunate that Mary is lovely and has wonderful taste and doesn't need to wear any of these uncomely outfits or dresses. The models are plain ugly and look like they came to clean a house. Apologies to house cleaners.

It is fortunate that Mary is lovely and has wonderful taste and doesn't need to wear any of these uncomely outfits or dresses. The models are plain ugly and look like they came to clean a house. Apologies to house cleaners.

Whats funny is that she actually does wear many of the models and she does tend to wear stuff right of the runway :)

By Malenie Birger SS12

Evening dress black & white - Lovely cut! The embellishments on the shoulder in gold gives a nice addition to the black and white. Hair up and Mary would look lovely in this.

Plum evening dress - The idea of the dress is lovely. The gold matches nicely and the fact that its cut very simple is nice. Such shades look good on Mary, an up do or hair pulled to the back would complete the look.

White dress - Great spring/summer dress. To dress this more fun, Mary could match it with a colored belt.

Blue ruffled dress - I like the ruffles, Mary can pull ruffled off nicely. I would add a belt with this dress.

By Malenie Birger SS12

Evening dress black & white - Lovely cut! The embellishments on the shoulder in gold gives a nice addition to the black and white. Hair up and Mary would look lovely in this.

Plum evening dress - The idea of the dress is lovely. The gold matches nicely and the fact that its cut very simple is nice. Such shades look good on Mary, an up do or hair pulled to the back would complete the look.
I LOVE these two dresses, especially the black and white one. Wouldn't mind buying either (or both) myself.

I can really see Mary in any and all of these, although the third is my least favorite. For some reason, I like the black and white dress as it is but would prefer the plum dress, a color which really compliments Mary, without the embellishment (I think I prefer the simple elegance of the silhouette and ruffles). The blue would really suit Mary's complexion and figure, also.

I have always wondered why Mary has NOT ever worn Marimekko clothes...Being from nearby Scandinavian country, Finland and the clothes themselves fitting with what I think is Mary's aesthetic of bright, unusual, striking and slightly clashy (I love clashy) I am surprised she has never embraced the brand...It seems more relevant to support a Nordic brand rather than the Italian/French/Spanish brands she does wear...

This is a catalogue of Marimekko clothes: Marimekko

I can picture Mary in this: Aronia dress | Dresses and Skirts | Marimekko (gorgeous)

Or this skirt: Malto dress | Dresses and Skirts | Marimekko

This outfit would work for a daytime official event (surely): Oahu shirt | Shirts | Marimekko

And since she is partial to the pajama look, these: Papelo trousers | Trousers | Marimekko

This would be lovely dressed up a bit, for a evening do: Mia dress | Dresses and Skirts | Marimekko

Casual holiday wear: Mamma shirt | Shirts | Marimekko

Daytime officialdom: Nuotio skirt | Dresses and Skirts | Marimekko

Anyway, Anja or Caroline or Tanja (or Mary) if you are reading this...just thought I would put Marimekko onto your radar so you can pass it on to your employer :)

By Malene Birger Fall 2013
Grey coat - Nice coat with a loose cut. Mary could match this with a hat for a winter event.
Skirt - Elegant gold skirt for a day or evening event.
Top - Silver top which can be dressed up with a black skirt and diamond earrings.
Jacket - Lovely black jacket that can be dressed down or up and would work for almost any event.
Coat - Lovely color and would be nice with a printed or solid outfit for winter or even early spring.
Evening dress - Lovely evening dress in a neutral color. This would be great for an evening event or reception.

Peter Jensen Fall 2013
Coat - A lovely two colored coat in a tweed fabric. This is a nice and elegant coat for winter. It also has a matching dress which would be nice as suit.

Elise Gug Spring 2013
Printed dress - Lovely summer dress with a simple print.
Dress - Wearable and can be accessorized easily.
Outfit - Separately or together this is a very elegant and classic look.
Printed dress - Simple print with nice colors.

Prada Pre Fall 2013

Skirt suit - Great color and a lovely tweed suit for Autumn/Winter. I don't mind the blue pockets, its makes it cool and I think such warm colors would look great on Mary.
Coat - Great coat and its a nice length. Sleeves make it interesting.
Black coat - Simple coat and wearable with anything to any event, casual or formal.
Black suit - Great black suit. I would only wish the jacket was a bit more fitting. The sleeves make this really pretty but simple.
Dress underneath - Simple black dress with embellishments, looks great.

Designers Remix

Tank top - Lovely to be worn with pants or a skirt with a cardigan or jacket over.
Dress - Lovely dress and simple yet elegant for any event.
Coat - Mary could match this with anything for the winter months.
Top - Lovely top for the evening matched with black.
Jacket - Lovely jacket and a lovely color. Its a color that would look great on Mary.

Elise Gug

Skirt & top - Lovely black lace for any evening event.
Black dress - Simple, elegant and wearable. Mary would look lovely when this is dressed up.
Black coat - Very pretty yet elegant and wearable.
Red dress - A lovely shade of red and Mary would look lovely in this dress. She could easily add a belt.
Skirt - Lovley shade of grey and a nice print. This could be worn with a blouse or with the matching jacket.

Ralph Lauren Fall 2013

Dress - Strapless always looks good on Mary, this is a great color for her and I do like the style and cut. Would be a nice dress to wear with a tiara.
Black dress - Lovely dress for Mary. The beads and the layers together look good.
Lace black dress - A nice and different style for Mary. She could pull this off with earrings and a nice hair-do.

Ralph Lauren Resort 2014

White dress - Lovely bat wing dress for spring or summer. Colored accessories or nude would complete the look.
Black dress - Quite a simple dress which would look nice with a necklace to complete the look.
Evening dress - Simple and Mary can pull off simplicity and this would be completed with a nice hair do and jewellery.
Printed dress - Lovely printed dress for almost any season. Would look great with a cropped boxy jacket or even a coat.
Blush outfit - Beautiful matched with one of her many hats for an official event.

Last edited:
yde-copenhagen

Dress with cape - A lovely outfit for an evening event matched with colored or white diamond jewelry. This would also look great with a tiara.
Coat - Classic and timeless coat. Easily matched with almost anything.
Silve dress - Simple and elegant for any evening event. Hair pulled back or up, this would look lovely.
Jacket - Great with anything.
Top - Nice combination of printed and plain fabric. Mary could easily wear this to any official daytime event or dress it down.
Dress - Love the cut and Mary would easily pull this off.
Dress - Plain and simple shirt dress.
White long dress - Love the fabric and Mary could keep it simple or dress it up.
Black coat

For Queen Margrethe II's golden jubilee celebrations in 2022, if Mary will wear a repeated gown, I hope she will wear any of these gowns that she has (at least to my knowledge) worn once in public:

1 2 3 4 5 6

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom