Fashion Designers Used by Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:
I've just looked at Natans website and some of the hats that were done for royals. Like the one worn by Maxima at Alexia's christening was by someone who worked for Natan I think?
Thats they only thing I have liked by that company.
Mathildes dress in the link above doesn't suit her at all. :flowers:

When it comes to Natan, I have mixed feelings about his creations worn by Crown Princess Mathilde. I am a huge fan of stand-up collars. Thus, I tend to like his jackets and dresses with stand-up collars. However, I have to admit that Natan's creations lack polished tailoring. They appear to be poorly fitted on Crown Princess Mathilde, thereby making her look unflattering. I am not keen on wild colour palette and prints aggravated by shiny material.
I think that creations by Albert Kriemler of Akris woud have suited Crown Princess Mathilde much better. They can be described as modern, feminine and discrete. His designs have got an uncomplicated silhouette and perfect tailoring the designer takes pride in as well as are simple to combine.

I agree. CP Mathilde always seems to have these two ill-placed pleats on the bodice of her dress -- the whole outfit ends up looking quite skimpy on her. Too bad, she's a very pretty woman.

I prefer Zara or MAngo on CP letizia
than Natan on CP Mathilde or CP Maxima ....

I admire the fact that Mathilde and Maxima are so loyal to a designer that comes from the Low Countries, but I just don't think that his styles are very flattering on the princesses. The skirts do often appear to be too short, and some of the fabrics that he uses appear to be too thin or cheap-looking. I don't know if he designs with the princesses in mind, or if he tries to tailor his designs to the princesses when they express an interest in an outfit.

I have always liked his designs best on Princess Claire, who appears to be more petite than Mathilde and Maxima. I think that his designs would look best if he created them directly for Mathilde and Maxima (and stayed away from the pleats and thin fabrics).

You know what if it doesn't happen yet, it would be fun to see all princesses (Maxi, Mati, Laurentien, Calire etc.) in Natan's on the same event. Maybe even same outfits.

I think even that a belgian or foreign lady is not allowed to ask Natan the same dress like Mathilde, Claire, Maxima were wearing.
The Princesses order to Natan ( E. Vermeulen) many dresses at the same time for the different events they have to assist, and the models are exclusive.
When Maxima and Mathilde were wearing the same black and white coat, it was because Maxima went to Prada. This would not happen if Mathilde and Maxima ordered both their coat by Natan. He should make for both Princesses something different.

Unfortunately, the topic about 'Royals and their similar style' here is full of Natan designs, which are not very exclusive after all - neither literally nor figuratively.
He has frequently used similar and even the same tailoring, colors, fabrics and prints on all kinds of Belgian, Dutch, Luxemburgian and Swedish royal ladies.
This alone would be a good reason for them to stop wearing his repetitive fashions.

After that what Boris wrote I have a question.
Why royal ladies want to wear NATAN's clothes?
What is it with them - magic, good price, good style, simply they like them or what?

After that what Boris wrote I have a question.
Why royal ladies want to wear NATAN's clothes?
I have NO idea. :rolleyes:
Considering the lack of craftsmanship displayed in most of his clothing, I can only hope that they come in relatively cheap, although that's hardly an excuse or explanation.

Regarding Princess Astrid, she used to be an elegant dresser until a few years ago, but IMO her fashion choices these days are perfectly awful most of the time, no matter from which designer.

I can't say I like all his clother or shoes, but some of them are very impressive!

Does anyone know how expensive Natan clothes are?
I mean: are they as expensive as clothers by other lables like Dior, Versace, Prada and so on?
His clothes sometimes look cheap with the many accessoires on it. Sometimes the ornaments look like plastic.

Regarding Valentino’s royal wedding dresses, IMO Princess Maxima’s was wonderful, a luxurious masterpiece of understated elegance and of tailoring.
I never liked Marie-Chantal’s wedding dress though. Too heavy, unbalanced and unflattering, it strangled and suffocated her.

Princess Diana in the only Valentino she ever wore:
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2543/76214575.jpg
Diana is really elegant in this Valentino´s design.:flowers:

It was said that Queen Alia had an open account with Valentino and he actually designed more than one dress for her. Do you have any pictures of her in Valentino creations?

Do you have any Pictures of P.Diana in Valentino?

I wouldn't be able to tell you which dresses Alia wore that were designed by Valentino but this is a pic of the Queen with him.

http://i36.tinypic.com/rh3o00.jpg

Farah Diba and Queen Sofia had open accounts at Valentino and were always seen wearing his clothes.I am not certain but I think Farah Diba still wears his ready- to- wear and Queen Sofia on occasion wears evening gowns by the House name.

It was said that Queen Alia had an open account with Valentino and he actually designed more than one dress for her. Do you have any pictures of her in Valentino creations?

Queen Noor wore too Valentino´s dresses.

Yup, we all have different tastes. Maxima's wedding gown was gorgeous to me, but I didn't like Marie-Chantal's at all. It all depends on the style of the gown or outfit. I would give my left arm for an outfit of Valentino's, but that isn't going to happen so I don't have to worry about living out life with only one arm.:)

Queen Noor wore too lovely evening dress I remember now a red dress that she wore in 1988 and a beautiful blue dress.

He dressed the dancers for the Neujahrsconzert der Wiener Philharmoniker on January 1st in Vienna. The one in red was F A B U L O U S.

Does anyone know how expensive Natan clothes are?
I mean: are they as expensive as clothers by other lables like Dior, Versace, Prada and so on?
His clothes sometimes look cheap with the many accessoires on it. Sometimes the ornaments look like plastic.

His outfits/pieces are less cheaper than Dior, Prada etc.
His prices are mostly $$$ (in hundreds and not thousands)

Ha, after reading this thread I'm happy that I'm not the only one who isn't much impressed by NATAN. :D I think he isn't innovative nor classical elegant, especially CPrincess Mathilde looks rather frumpy in his creations, JMO of course. Finger crossed that his boom among the Royal Ladies finds an end soon.

Back
Top Bottom