Fashion Designers Used by Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The dress that Maxima wear during her engagement is from the designer Joseph Ting from Dynasty New York:

Google Vertaling

The dress:

Photo with permission from ww.picturepress.nl

Hello
May I ask a quick question?
Do any royals (uk or Europe) have relationship with the designers (clothes and accessories, or children/baby wear) that give them sample clothes to wear and then they can send it back - and then get a percentage of the profit of the sale of those items?
I know a number of royal women patronage (?) certain designers especially local designers but has it ever been confirmed that they are monetarily benefitting in the relation like a brand ambassador ?

Hello
May I ask a quick question?
Do any royals (uk or Europe) have relationship with the designers (clothes and accessories, or children/baby wear) that give them sample clothes to wear and then they can send it back - and then get a percentage of the profit of the sale of those items?
I know a number of royal women patronage (?) certain designers especially local designers but has it ever been confirmed that they are monetarily benefitting in the relation like a brand ambassador ?

Cannot comment on Europe but I have never heard of the BRF receiving a percentage profit. I would not be surprised if they receive samples that they can then return , on official engagements there is a press release regarding clothes designers etc so the company does receive publicity.

Last edited:
I highly doubt the senior ladies of the BRF are getting a % of the profits from what they wore to events in exchange for free clothes/use, that gets into very murky waters.

I remember Zara released a jewellery collection with *checks internet* Cajella as well as being a brand ambassador for Musto, Rolex etc but that's all official and obviously she's technically a private person.

Extended family members like Lady Amelia have also released collections and collaborations with various designers but again they're private people who aren't on official engagements.

I suspect that's the sort of thing Harry and Meghan wanted to do with their initial "half in half out" proposal, be luxury brand ambassadors whilst on an official tour and at Trooping etc, which clearly didn't work out in negotiations.

I remember assuming that royal ladies must get a discount or "gift" when they shop but was told "no, the Queen follows a "Caesar's wife must be above reproach" policy. Although I can't find anything official about that.

Cannot comment on Europe but I have never heard of the BRF receiving a percentage profit. I would not be surprised if they receive samples that they can then return , on official engagements there is a press release regarding clothes designers etc so they company does receive publicity.

I agree, it is highly unlikely that working members of the BRF, in effect, personally profit in any way from the awareness that they have worn certain clothes.

Discussion between Princess Diana and the Emmanuels abiout her dresses

Back
Top Bottom