Danish New Year's dress?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BurberryBrit

Serene Highness
City
onthenet
Country
United States
I've seen Mary, Alexandra and Marie-Chantal all wearing a very similar cornflower blue and navy blue robe covering a navy blue dress to New Year's fuctions. I wondered is it something specific to Denmark? If so, what is the tradition? I only have a pic of Mary wearing it:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9563/07010301el9.jpg

I love the dress and just want to know if there's any significance.

Thanks!

I will also search for the other pictures. It's almost the same dresses. Maybe they just used the same dressmaker?

yeah could you post pics of Alexandra and MC? I'd like to see how similar they are.

Maybe we could find out who the designer is...they may like the same one.

BurberryBrit said:
OK, found one in this thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f77/pavlos-marie-chantal-picture-thread-8164-3.html

And Alex's is on this site:
Jewelry

On second look, they are similar but not identical. Still I wonder if there's a reason they all wore such a similar look.

Zhat are different events. The photo of Pavlos and marie Vhantal was taken at the wedding of Joachim and Alexandra. the photo of Alexandra at ney Years Court which takes place on 01. January in the evening at Amalienbrog. The photo of Mary was taken at the Ney Years Court for the Dilpmatic Court at Christiansborg Palace which takes place in the first days of January. This last event was never attended by Alexandra. only the Queen, Prince Consort, Crown Prince and since 2005 Crown Princess are there.

They are different- Mary's was part of a set, with her dress. Alexandra and MC's robes are similar, but I think that's just a coincidence, and trying to find something comfortable and flattering when you are expecting.
Mary's robe is more tailored, whereas Alexandra's and MC's are very loose.

i guess if it was tradition then would see the queen in something like that or shade of that color, dont you think. Mary's & Marie-Chantal's are different.

Thanks for the responses! Yes, I guess it doesn't mean anything.

Althoguh I did notice that MAry and Alexandra's red/purple coloured enw years dresses looked almost exactly the same?
I need to go - but I'll try and find the pictures. The bottom was different, but the top was almost exactly the same!

I believe Marie-Chantal is wearing Chanel (at Jochim(sp) & Alex's wedding).

BurberryBrit said:
I've seen Mary, Alexandra and Marie-Chantal all wearing a very similar cornflower blue and navy blue robe covering a navy blue dress to New Year's fuctions. I wondered is it something specific to Denmark? If so, what is the tradition? I only have a pic of Mary wearing it:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9563/07010301el9.jpg

Thanks!
While Alexandra's blue New Years gown is different than Mary's above, Alexandra did wear once another blue one with a purple coat over it. I can't find the website where I have it from right now, but if I don't find the site I'll upload it and link here. :)

And no, it's not something specific. Has probably to do with (a) they need a formal gown and (b) that time of year is damn cold. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom