Christening favourite outfit for mums

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My vote goes to Maxima, she looked
great in both chritenings.
I also liked Letizia, she looked very good!!

MY vote goes to Mary, she´s gourgeus, but also to Maxima at both christening of her daughters and finally Marie Chantal of Greece she always dress so well!

More important than all this a all the babies are well and pretty!!!!

My vote goes to Princess Mary and Maxima. Great choice of outfits.

Letizia, because I have always loved tweed look suits, and she had just had her hair highlighter which looked great, she wasn't wearing anything on her head, and she looked so radiantly happy and proud!

maxima during CA's baptism
mette marit during ingrid's baptism
mary during christian's baptism
alexandra during nikolai and felix's baptism

I think Mary looks fabulous! I love the blue becuase it is so bright and cheery. It seems like white or cream is a common (but boring) color for the moms. I think Christian really stands out from Mary since she is wearing blue.

that is a fab out fit , one of the best I think

I also love Maximas outfit. Everything about her that day was perfect.

I like the outfit of Letizia because it´s very elegance.I adore the embroidering of the jacket ,it´s very pretty.

Maxima's outfit for Christening of C-A was fantastic. Mary's was nice but didn't care for the head piece. Nice colour though.

Hands down Maxima, at both her daughter's christenings but especially Amalia's.
Runner Up: MC; she was very stylish at all four christenings.

Maxima looked stunning at Catharina Amalia's christening. She pulls off the bow look a lot more tastefully than her sister-in-law :D. I'm sorry but I just can't get past the HUGE flower hat that Maxima wore during Alexia's christening.

Letizia looked radiant at Leonor's christening, it wasn't just the outfit but the huge smile and twinkling eyes. :)

Mary looked wonderful but I thought her outfit was a little bit "off" with the whole summery skirt. I actually liked the head piece though; it added old style glamour and a nice break from her usual hats. Almost every other time she looks picture perfect!

Last edited:
soCal girl said:
Mary looked wonderful but I thought her outfit was a little bit "off" with the whole summery skirt. I actually liked the head piece though; it added old style glamour and a nice break from her usual hats. Almost every other time she lookos picture perfect!

Absolutely. I normally love Mary's outfits but thought that this one somehow didn't work. The open necked jacket and floaty skirt made her seem cold and bear considering it was freezing outside and everyone else seemed to be wrapped up cosily.
Letizia looke great. I normally didn't really care much for her style but she looked so radiant and most importantly warm! I loved her cream jacket.

I agree Lizy,she looked very beautiful but.........Letizia often is warm.

1. Princess Mary in baptism of Christian
2. Princess Maxima in baptism of Catharina Amalia
3. Princess Letizia in baptism of Leonor

I loved MC's outfits for all 4 christenings
Princess Maxima's outfit - Catharine Amalia's christening
Princess Letizia - Leonor's christening

Gives me some great ideas for an outfit when the time comes for my daughter's christening

If you consider the kind of christening's act Maxima was absolutly pefect for the both of her two girls, very sophisticated and " hated" style. Very succeed.

It's not my cup of tea but I has to confess It was more than pretty good.

I prefer a lot Letizia's style, it was more in accordance with the intimicy of the Leonor's ceremony and as usuel the Princess was discreat, elegant and refined, not so much jewel only marvellous sparkling eyes and radiant smiling.

I didn't understand at all the Mary's style with her nurse's hat, her bosom half nacked and a garden party outfit. I know it's not the main opinion but I found that her outfit would better for a spring afternoon garden party than for a winter christining independently of the own elegance of this outfit.
The brooch was stuning of course.

I liked all of Maire Chantal's christening outfits
Princess Caroline's as well especially the blue suit she wore to Charlotte's
Sarah The duchess of Yokr's green to Princess Beatrice's
Alexandra of Denmarks blue outfit at Felix's
Martha Louise's apricot suit and burnt orange hat to Maud Angelica's
Mett-Merit at Ingrid Alexandra's

I quite liked Märtha-Louise's outfit and the Flower-hat she wore for Leah Isadora's Christening.
My favourites are:
- Mary's dress (the jacket was very nice)
- Máxima's dress and Hat for Amalia's christening ( I didn't like her outfit during Alexia's christening at all :ermm: )
- Mette-Marit's outfit worn at Ingrid-Alexandra's baptism
- Märtha-Louise's outfit worn at Leah's Christening

:flowers:

My favourite christening outfits are:

- Princess Maxima for her two girls christenings. She could not have done them any better, especially Cathatarina-Amalia's:flowers: christening. Sophisticated and chic. Perfection.
- Princess Mary looked impecabely stylish and chic at Christian's christening. Very Grace Kelly !
- Caroline of Monaco looked stunning at Pierre's christening.
- Cristina looked just beautiful at Irene's christening.
- Marie-Chantal looked gorgeous at Odysseas Kimon's christening.
and of course Queen Margaret of Denmark, who looked fabolous at Prince Frederik's christening.
- I know many people think Letizia's suit was borring and disappointing, but I loved it, even though it wasn't as (whatever) as the other royal ladies, but it fitted the personal and intimate christening nicely.

Last edited:
The colour and cut of Mary's jacket was lovely but the outfit didn't match. She should have worn the matching skirt to the jacket.

posted by Elsa.M - picture - this is my favourite of all.Catharina-Amalia's christening
I thought Mary's outfit was cute but not for a christening, it was not formal enough and it looked like a more summer outfit.

I love Princess Mary in Christian's baptism and Princess Maxima in Amalia's baptism, but I think Mabel really needs to get help in the clothing department (my personal opinion, lol!):flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Maxima looked lovely at her daughter's amalia's baptism , I think she was the best one , also Mary looked nice , loved the jacket and little hat , wasnt very keen on the skirt !, I didnt like Mette Marits out fit for her Son's baptism.

I like Letizia's jacket. It's simple and pretty, with soft colours.:flowers:

Five European Crown Princess, their first children and first baptism ceremony...
Which your favourite baptism costume for Crown Princess?

CP Mathilde - Princess Elizabeth Baptism Ceremony

CP Mette-Marit - Ingrid Alexandra Baptism Ceremony
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/343...9930FDCFC4C15FBB için Google Görsel Sonuçlarý

CP Maxima - Catharina Amalia Baptism Ceremony
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/50952996.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A64AB0ABA843FBDDE3A96D640C844286CF için Google Görsel Sonuçlarý

CP Mary - Christian Baptism Ceremony
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/01/21/christianbaptism_wideweb__470x365,2.jpg

CP Letizia - Leonor Baptism Ceremony
http://www.nettyroyal.nl/images/leonorchristening.jpg

Back
Top Bottom