Charlene Wittstock's Wedding Dress: Civil and Church Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Empress Merel said:
I think so too. It moved quite beautifully aswell. But it wasn't a dress, but a one-piece pant suit. Just with very flowy fabrics around it to give it a dress effect.

That's a pants suit? Hope not bc I really like it as a dress sans jacket but ew if it's a pants suit.....actually overall I think Charlene could have done better today....i expected to be stunned at the beautiful dress even at the civil ceremony and I wasn't ......Hope tomorrow is better....

...and the only hat around was the strange thing worn by P Caroline - I would have hoped for more. :ermm:

...and I don't like the idea of trousers here - although they don't look like trousers at all.
BUT - very nice colour - and she looked radiant and happy.

I really like what Charlene wore and think she looked beautiful. From what I can see of the british papers (still haven't seen the Irish yet) it's getting very little coverage. The two kates (Middleton and Moss) are taking over.

With the jacket/blazer, it looks like Princess Bea chose her outfit. Without the top, the dress is rather nice but unwedding like. I do wish she would forget Armani because Georgio's clothes wear her.

I think Princess Mathilde and Mary were lovely but what's with Maxima and Mette Marit wearing white/cream/ivory?

I really like what Charlene wore and think she looked beautiful. From what I can see of the british papers (still haven't seen the Irish yet) it's getting very little coverage. The two kates (Middleton and Moss) are taking over.
I am not surprised for one of the 'kates' - because she is a British Royal Duchess and her country would prioritise her engagements. But the Monaco wedding is well covered with the French and Monaco papers.

MYROYALS: WEDD

I believe you got your wish....I think her dress at night was her civil wedding dress minus coat....

Thank you very much! The dress is gorgeous and summery without the coat I love it! :D

Charlène's outfit was perfect from head to toes ! A real perfection !

That's a pants suit? Hope not bc I really like it as a dress sans jacket but ew if it's a pants suit.....actually overall I think Charlene could have done better today....i expected to be stunned at the beautiful dress even at the civil ceremony and I wasn't ......Hope tomorrow is better....

Yeah, they're pants. You can get a better glimpse of them in these photos.

Getty Images

Photo from AP Photo

Last edited:
Very pretty dress..without the jacket. What a beautiful color! Great hopes for tomorrow!

It would have been nice if it was a dress not pants! It looks like a dress in some pics, but it is way to loose for pants!

She looks great. The jacket was for the formal event. But this way she didn't have to change. Never looked like a stiff in some suit, that some aged designed thought up.

Charlene looks gorgeous. I love the color of her outfit. Although I would have preferred a skirt with that jacket. Actually the pantsuit looks much better without the jacket. Can't wait to see her wedding dress. Thank you all for the photos!

Yeah, they're pants. You can get a better glimpse of them in these photos.

Getty Images

Photo from AP Photo

I did not believe it before I saw your pics! Wow, that is really the hit!
I love her outfit from head to toes, simply stunning, wonderful, she is looking phantastic. Light blue shades her perfect and it is a great combination of being classy and having the "special something" (trousers). I´d love to see a closer pic of her collier at night. Very impressive.

Bye Bine

The more I look at Charlene's outfit the more i like it. When she stands, she looks particularly elegant...almost goddess like. :whistling: And that colour is divine.

I hate Charlotte's dress for the fireworks...I mean I really hate it. Thank goodness for her incredible face. :sad:

Without the jacket, I like the outfit much better, although I'm not liking the fact that it's pants. I guess IMO it just didn't seem that appropriate for a daytime civil wedding ceremony.

I agree, without the jacket its very different and suitable for the concert. Still I am no fan of the pants style...

For the civil wedding, its a miss for me. Top part of Charlene was superb, colour, hair etc but a no-no from waist down.

H.S.H. Princess Charlene of Monaco's civil ceremony ensemble was a winner for me! *two thumbs way up*

But, honestly, with that figure, stature, physique, she can wear practically anything and it will look good on her, especially those surprising trousers? Lol, I honestly thought it was a dress until the pics above told otherwise. My gosh, there's no way a short person could get away with wearing something like that nor a gal with curves. Seriously, only someone with Princess Charlene's figure could wear something like that and make it stunning. :heart:

This has truly whetted my appetite to see what she will wear for the religious ceremony tomorrow! :cheers:

ETA: and it helps that she's a natural blonde, only a blonde with a figure like that could carry it off. Imho, of course. :)

Love the colour but hate the pantsuit. She could have done better for the civil service. The jacket was wrong it looked more like a cardigan. For the evening concert it was good but not for a daytime civil service. She could have had two outfits! The dress will be interesting. Most of the family don't even looked like they bothered. It isn't as big in other countries as Wills and Kate's we may get something little on the news but the Monaco Royal family aren't really all that well known.

the necklace charlene wore last night i think it is Chanel Jewelery

I must say that I like it, it's very in her style, she likes jumpsuits and this outfit looks good on her. I love the color, perfect for blonde with blue eyes. the jacket is a bit too long IMO, pearl buttons are very nice. Make-up and hairstyle - great.
I can't wait to see her wedding gown today, I hope for something special and nice jewelery.

I really liked the blue colour - it suited her very well and her hair and makeup were fantastic.

I did not realise it was pants until I saw photo's of her walking in it. I thought it looked much better at the concert without the jacket than it did for the civil ceremony.

I'm looking forward to seeing her wedding dress in a few hours!!

"I did not realise it was pants..." - that's what many people have said.

Having read all 52 contribs so far, I think the pants win !

IF YOU SEE THE PICTURES OF CHARLENE WITH THE JACKET OF HER BLUE SILK SUIT OFF, the suit underneath is just beautiful!!

Mariage Albert et Charlene : Stéphanie de Monaco entourée de ses trois enfants (glimpse)

I was expecting them to get more exclusive seating in a Royal Box with more comfortable chairs on their wedding day than on the bench they've squeezed themselves onto with everyone else??! Go figure ..

Last edited:
ok, whats up with the split train? nice length though

No Tiara? I thought she would be wearing one. Her dress is simple and understated. Albert looks serious

Just saw the dress and,I am disappointed.But who knows it might grow on me.

Well I thought her outfits were simple yet very elegant.

I think the gown is stunning - much more original than the Duchess of Cambridge. And while she is not wearing a tiara, she is still wearing diamonds in her hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom