Catherine Middleton's Wedding Dress

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Paul Harrison‏@SkyNewsRoyal
Reminder for Kate fashion fans, Sarah Burton Kate's wedding dress designer collects OBE tomorrow.” - I'll be interviewing her!

Sarah Burton is such a talent and deserving of her OBE. A Royal Wedding dress commission is a once in a lifetime opportunity (usually) and Sarah nailed it.

A quick question, I have seen the designers sketches of royal wedding dresses; Madeleine, Victoria, Diana etc.But I can't recall seeing one of Kate's; is their a professional sketch of her dress that I am missing?

A quick question, I have seen the designers sketches of royal wedding dresses; Madeleine, Victoria, Diana etc.But I can't recall seeing one of Kate's; is their a professional sketch of her dress that I am missing?

No the sketch was never revealed. Also, are you talking about Crown Princess Victoria? If so then you are mistaken as her sketch of her wedding gown was never reveled either.

Every bit of the lace applique for the bodice and skirt was handmade and then appliqued onto the gown using the Carrickmacross lace-making technique, which originated in Ireland in the 1820s. :shamrock::shamrock::shamrock:

I loved the upper bodice and embroidery but overall even though it looked beautiful on kate , its not my taste . That doesnt make the dress less beautiful but just means that apart from the sleeves which are very common in bridal fashion , I wouldnt want anything similar .

Variety is the spice of life ...

Yes it was :)
I envy Charlene of Monaco s wedding gown more than any royal bride so far , it was perfect , youthful and classic at the same time , the veil is to die for .

The only thing I like about the dress nowadays is traditional way the lace was made. Other than that and the fact that the panelling idea was a bit unusual, the rest of it was not as memorable as perhaps I think it should have been. Still, it was its own thing I suppose and brides do indeed tend to please themselves rather.

The only thing I like about the dress nowadays is traditional way the lace was made. Other than that and the fact that the panelling idea was a bit unusual, the rest of it was not as memorable as perhaps I think it should have been. Still, it was its own thing I suppose and brides do indeed tend to please themselves rather.

And good for any and all brides. Everyone I know looks at their wedding photos and mists up at memories of the dress. ;)

Yes it was :)
I envy Charlene of Monaco s wedding gown more than any royal bride so far , it was perfect , youthful and classic at the same time , the veil is to die for .
I have to agree. Charlene's veil was light as a feather and didn't squish her hair and transparent enough to see through.

Me too. I thought the lace was beautiful although the lighting was such that much of the appliquéd lace was missed. Even so I thougt it too stark a silhouette as the panels made it look very stiff.

And good for any and all brides. Everyone I know looks at their wedding photos and mists up at memories of the dress. ;)
One of my friends has managed to eliminate almost all photos taken at her wedding, often tricking unwary family and friends into exposing their copies and despatching them with glee. She and her husband have been married over 40 years. Go figure.

Last edited:
I recall that I never gave my view on her reception gown. To me, it looks slightly cheap looking. I also didn't like the shrug. Her wedding gown was amazing, but her reception gown was a disappointment.

Back
Top Bottom