Catherine Middleton Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lumutqueen said:
^^^^^^
IMO, that dress is hideous. More like Prom Queen material than real Queen.

I have to agree. It's just cheap looking.

That's a beautiful dress. I don't see Catherine in some big puffy dress, something thin and 'streamed line' would suit her. :)

I think so too. I can actually see her in something w/a subtle Empire waist line actually. That would allow for the train to come from the dress w/very little break in design.

Sigh...I'm not describing that very well, but I can see it easily in my mind's eye.

I think so too. I can actually see her in something w/a subtle Empire waist line actually. That would allow for the train to come from the dress w/very little break in design.

Sigh...I'm not describing that very well, but I can see it easily in my mind's eye.

Reading your post made me picture a dress from one of the Jane Austen adaptations ('Pride and Prejudice' from 1995). Is that what you were going for?

I like the style of those dresses because they're simple and allow more playing room when it comes to choosing accessories.

Now I hope I made sense. Fashion is not my strong suit.

OMG!!!
Elegant, her dress is conservative,and I would expect nothing less then that for her wedding..Those gowns are absolutely gorgeous, and her willowy figure she would look stunning

This dress would suit Kate, but not for her wedding
Unless another, longer train was added, as in the case of the Queen's wedding dress, and that of the Duchesses of Kent and York.

Unless another, longer train was added, as in the case of the Queen's wedding dress, and that of the Duchesses of Kent and York.
It's a lovely dress and would suit Kate as an evening dress as no way is even Bridal let alone Royal Bride!

Whoever is designing should be having a blast.Suspense is Kate's middle name.

Whoever is designing should be having a blast.Suspense is Kate's middle name.

Whoever is designing Kate's dress I do not envy one bit. Until she actually walks down the aisle, the designer is going to be eating, sleeping and dreaming about that dress and its every little last minute detail down to the last buttonhole. Very stressful weeks ahead for sure.

Yes I agree - I am pleasantly surprised by how well the secret is being kept & hope this can continue to the day. Incidentally at what point do you think it will be announced -as we get our first glimpse or earlier in the day?

Wouldn't they have to release the name of the designer to the media so they know the details about the dress for the broadcast of the wedding? Perhaps the morning of the wedding? That way, when she steps out of the car, reporters can correctly identify the designer and give some info about the dress.

I doubt that the correct designers name is given..

Mark my words, it will be someone different..

Last edited:
Wouldn't they have to release the name of the designer to the media so they know the details about the dress for the broadcast of the wedding? Perhaps the morning of the wedding? That way, when she steps out of the car, reporters can correctly identify the designer and give some info about the dress.

For Charles and Diana, the names of the designers were announced a few months before the wedding.

The Emanuels themselves prepared a press release with information about the dress that was under a media ban or "embargo" as they called it, until Diana's first appearance the morning of the wedding.

This is in their book "A Dress for Diana"

For Charles and Diana, the names of the designers were announced a few months before the wedding.

The Emanuels themselves prepared a press release with information about the dress that was under a media ban or "embargo" as they called it, until Diana's first appearance the morning of the wedding.

Ah! So I guess it would be safe to assume that even if they are able to keep the name of the designer secret till the actual wedding date (Which I'm hoping they're able to do. I love surprises!), whoever the designer is will provide info about the dress to the media on the actual day?

I didn't know that book existed. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

tenngirl4 said:
Ah! So I guess it would be safe to assume that even if they are able to keep the name of the designer secret till the actual wedding date (Which I'm hoping they're able to do. I love surprises!), whoever the designer is will provide info about the dress to the media on the actual day?

I didn't know that book existed. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

What was true for Diana and Charles may not be true for William and Kate.

Last edited:
KristineML said:

I would think some sort of info would be given to reporters beforehand because otherwise it would be impossible to report,...'uh, ms Middleton is wearing a dress designed by...?...someone?' lol

In this day and age of instant communication, I doubt that it will be necessary to release the name of the designer or any information about the dress more than an hour or two prior to Kate's appearance. At that point, the name of the designer might become known but specific information about the dress is likely to still be embargoed.

I really doubt we'll find out anything until that dress is completely finished and under lock and key at Buckingham Palace, and even then, I'm not sure we'll find anything out before the day of the wedding. Just over three weeks until we know!

Whoever is designing Kate's dress I do not envy one bit. Until she actually walks down the aisle, the designer is going to be eating, sleeping and dreaming about that dress and its every little last minute detail down to the last buttonhole. Very stressful weeks ahead for sure.
Ditto I am with you ......

I have SOOO enjoyed looking at wedding gowns the last few months! Fun, fun, fun! Thanks to everyone for sharing!

I think of Catherine as being so modern, which would indicate a sleek, slender gown. But on second thought, if I had her tiny waist, I would do a larger skirt (more Pr. Grace than Diana) with a waist detail to accent it. It would be a romantic look, and could be done without frills and frippery. IMHO.

Many people think Catherine will choose something sleek and modern, but I have my doubts. I think such a dress will look out of place amidst the grandeur of Westminster Abbey.

Many people think Catherine will choose something sleek and modern, but I have my doubts. I think such a dress will look out of place amidst the grandeur of Westminster Abbey.

Ever since November and watching the discussion about Kate's wedding gown, I've had to smile as I realize there IS still a lot of little girl dreaming of becoming a princess in all of us. I've seen top designers ideas, off the wall ideas and learned about other historical wedding dresses too. No matter what Kate steps out of the car in on her day, it will be beautiful and very uniquely Kate. We'll be talking about the dress for a very long time after as the dress becomes a historical gown. The more I think of it, the more I think Kate would look absolutely lovely in a dress similar in design to William's grandmother, the Queen. It really is a bit farfetched but wouldn't it be nice if she borrowed HM's veil? With the Strathmore tiara (if that is the case) she'd have something of the Queen Mother, HM the Queen and with Diana's engagement ring, something of William's mother. I just absolutely love Elizabeth II's wedding dress and think its timeless.

http://wedding-pictures.onewed.com/...al-wedding-weddings-gowns-queen-elizabeth.jpg

I remember that in the run up before the wedding of Charles and Diana, there was a general sense of diapproval from some quarters that the Emmanuels were 'cashing in' on the honour of designing The Dress. Although they kept the actual dress secret, the views of many courtiers were that Emmanuels were not being 'discreet'. For example, they signed up with Super-Agent Mark McCormack of the IMG group, known mostly for representing various mega-sports stars. The Emmanuels then began to licence their name to various profit making ventures - Emmanuel Leotards retailing for a few £s etc [rather than the high-end dresses and couture they had been known for pre-wedding]. The thinking was that they were actually using their position to make money. [compare this with the feeling currently being displayed in some sections of the British Press that Mr and Mrs Middleton's Party Pieces business is 'cashing in' on the Royal Wedding. Indeed, at the weekend, there was a revelation that Mr and Mrs Middleton had invited various of the Resort staff from Mustique to the Royal Wedding. Some articles were questioning that this was a bit strange, as the 'Villa arranger', 'Tennis Coach' etc were not really in the nature of friends, but noting that the lucky guests would probably 'like to show their thanks in an appropriate way' to the Middletons after the wedding.

I expect that the current secrecy of the dress designer is to try to avoid possibilities of 'cashing in'.

Alex

... as the 'Villa arranger', 'Tennis Coach' etc were not really in the nature of friends, but noting that the lucky guests would probably 'like to show their thanks in an appropriate way' to the Middletons after the wedding.

Alex

Free tennis lessons and tropical drinks, woo-hoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom