Witt von Doerring's genealogy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daggy97

Commoner
City
Krakau
Country
Poland
While working on the genealogy of European elites, I ran into a problem with the Witt von Doering family. I know that the ancestor of the family was Ferdinand Johannes Wit von Dörring (1799-1863). He had six children, but I can't find their names anywhere. Then I have Feliks Witt von Doerring, who will marry Johanna Kotz von Dobrz (1846-1911). Felix's date of birth is missing from the sources. Was he the son of Ferdinand?

It is even more interesting.
1. Felix Witt von Doerring, m. Johanna Kotz von Dobrz (1846-1911)
1.1. Aglae Witt von Doerring (1881-1949) m. Franz Schaffgotsch (1859-1907); four children, all without issue.
1.2. Karl Witt von Doerring (? -1915)
1.3. Emilie Witt von Doerring
1.4. Wilhelm Witt von Doerring
1.5. Christian Witt von Doerring

In most sources, the Witt Doerring genealogy begins with Christian (1914-2001), son of Christian and Theodora von Patzoll. Is the older of these two Christians the same as Christian, son of Felix?

There are no records of the issue of Emilie, Wilhelm and Karl.

Wit von Doerring?

Hi, there is this article in the German Wikipedia:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_Johannes_Wit_von_Dörring

About one Ferdinand Johannes Wit von Doerring (1799 - 1863)... The von Doerring part of his name comes from his Danish stepfather, the Wit part from his father. His mother was a Baroness von Eckstein...

Maybe you want to rush this article through an translator?

Last edited:
I read it. German is one of my native languages (I'm an Austrian countess).
Unfortunately, only the wife's details are there. Nothing about children and further descendants.

Back
Top Bottom