Which Royal Families are the Swedes Related To?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Someone asked about the SRF being related to the Monaco Princely family: Charles Frederick was the first Grand Duke of Baden from 1738 until his death. His fourth daughter Frederica*married on October 31, 1797*King Gustav IV Adolf of Sweden. They divorced in 1812.

His son Charles/Karl, the future 2nd*Grand Duke of Baden*married Stéphanie de Beaharnais, Princesse Française, adopted daughter of Napoleon Bonaparte. Their granddaughter, Lady Victoria Douglas Hamilton married Prince Albert I of Mónaco. Their great-great grandson is the current Sovereign Prince of Mónaco, Albert II.

Also a familial relationship, King GA and Queen Frederica (née Princess of Baden) of Sweden's son, Gustav, The Prince of Vasa, married his first cousin Louise Amelia, the eldest child of*the 2nd Grand Duke of Baden, Karl, and his consort, Stephanie.

Quite interesting, Several of the other royal families have links in a more recent past though, the Monaco family doesn't seem vert close to the others (not outside general royal relationships)

PS why a new thread if you're replying to another?

Quite interesting, Several of the other royal families have links in a more recent past though, the Monaco family doesn't seem vert close to the others (not outside general royal relationships)

PS why a new thread if you're replying to another?

I was replying, and when posted it started a new thread. I probably messed up somewhere along the way - sorry.

Swedish Wikipedia now has a full list of how king Carl XVI Gustaf is related to the other European monarchs. Here comes a translation of that list.

Queen Margarethe II of Denmark: First cousin.
King Harald V of Norway: Third cousin and second cousin once removed.
Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom: Third cousin.
King Felipe VI of Spain: Third cousin once removed.
King Philippe of Belgium: Third cousin.
Grandduke Henri of Luxembourg: Third cousin.
King Wilhelm-Alexander of the Netherlands: Third cousin once removed.
Prince Hans Adam II of Liechtenstein: Fifth cousin.
Prince Albert II of Monaco: Sixth cousin.

Back
Top Bottom