Royalty of Latin America

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maxima and Maria Theresa seem to be getting the royal lifestyle well and have fit perfectly into their roles. They are both of Latin decent but it will continue through their children.

Just how many Latin American royals are there because I consider them to have a palace.

Also, Princess Angela of Liechtenstein was born Angela Gisela Brown in Panama in Central America. As mentioned previously Marie-Chantal of Greece ' s mother is from Ecuador and Queen Silvia' s mother was from Brazil.

Tatiana Blatnik, HRH Princess Nikolaus of Greece and Denmark, originally hails from Ecuador. While Tatiana Santo Domingo , Princess Caroline of Monaco/Hanover's daughter-in-law, was born in NYC but her father's family is one of the wealthiest in Columbia. :p:D

Tatiana Blatnik, HRH Princess Nikolaus of Greece and Denmark, originally hails from Ecuador.

We know she was born in Venezuela.Maybe her family was at some point living there,but she doesn't have any Ecuadorian ancestry.

Her father was born in Yugoslavia and is of Slovenian origin. Blatnik is a typical Slovenian surname...

Her mother Marie Blanche Bierlein is German from Munich,daughter of Peter Michael Bierlein and Countess Ellinka von Einsiedel...

Last edited:
And one more thing, not to nitpick, but Marie Chantal of Greece identifies herself as "an American", ie someone from the United States. You are right her mother is from Central America, but her father isn't.

Just for the record, a few years back, Crown Princess Pavlos, née Marie-Chantal Clare Miller, renounced her American citizenship. She was an American citizen only because her father is an American from NYC. She was born in London, and although her parents live in Hong Kong, she attended several European boarding schools, including LaRosay, throughout her school years. She definitely does NOT consider herself an American, as a matter of fact, I feel she is almost insulted by people thinking of her as an American.

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, née Maria Teresa Metre y Batista, is from a once prominent and wealthy Havana, Cuba family. They owned a thriving sugar plantation there. She was born in 1956 and they left there in 1959 during the Cuban revolution. They lived in NYC for some time, but she does not really like to admit that fact; from info I have read about her, she is almost ashamed to admit to ever living in the US. Both her father and brother passed away (at different times) while living in Miami, Florida, USA. They were not poor, but not as wealthy as they once were. MT would not even admit she still had family in the US until her father passed away.

It seems that being an American is not very popular in posh circles.

It seems that being an American is not very popular in posh circles.

Well, from what I heard from others and from what I've read, Americans are not very well liked by people in the rest of the world. I personally have never been outside of the US, but I think many should realize it is probably more the foreign policies of the US that they are not happy with. Just because our federal government represents us to the rest of world, does not mean every American is in total agreement with it/them. I will say for the most part though, we are very opinionated (individally) and don't mind speaking our peace. But if I ever offend anybody with my stated (non-insulting) opinion, so be it. Rant over. :confused::beer::cool:

Back
Top Bottom