Royal Standards and Coats of Arms

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they haven't got own armses (Zara & Peter)! But Lord Ulster, Lord St.Andrews must have!

I found arms of the daughter of Prince Micheal of Kent, Lady Gabriella Windsor, It's the same as her father only a different shape, so for all the other royals must be arms.
Lady Gabriella Windsor dau. Prince Micheal of Kent.jpg

Oh and I found Zara Philip's arms, Probably also the same as her father
arms zara.jpg

Harrydeharigeaap,
thanks for finding and posting these Arms. It is much appreciated. :flowers:

Harrydeharigeaap posted
Elena of spain
Attachment 266305
Thankyou for all the arms you posted.
Can I ask where you found Infanta Elena's arms?
Looks like quarterings are:-
Top Left - Marichalar Top Right - Borbon-Anjou
Centre Shield - City of Lugo
Bottom Left - Saenz de Tejada Bottom Right - Schleswig

That is the lefthand quarters representing Jaime de Marichalar's parentage, the righthand for the Infanta's, with Schleswig for Sofia de Grecia ie House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg

This reminds me that I have seen somewhere (& I can't now remember where) the following for Queen Sofia of Spain's Arms:-
Two oval shields accollée: left-Spain, right-Schleswig; and above the shields the Royal Crown

got some from Point de Vue, a frensh magazine....

got lots more, let me know what you are looking for....

Zara en Peter Philips

Zara
arms zara.jpg

Peter, i am not sure, but it could be one of these two
peter philips.jpgpeter philips2.jpg

Daughters use their father's arms on a lozenge, the eldest son of an eldest son uses a label of five points, so I think it's the first one

:) Here are the arms of the following:-

Left
Queen Louise (née Battenberg/Mountbatten), wife of Gustav VI Adolf
Centre
Crown Princess Sibylla, Duchess of Västerbotten, mother of King Carl XVI Gustav
Right
Princess Ingeborg (née Princess of Denmark), wife of Prince Carl, Duke of Västergötland, and mother of Queen Astrid of Belgium and Crown Princess Märtha of Norway

Do you have more coat of arms? did you make them yourself?

I created the graphics for the arms of Princesses Lilian, Sibylla and Ingeborg, and Queen Louise on the basis of information in the following book:-

<Kungliga Serafimerorden, 1748-1998> by Per Nordenvall published Stockholm: Kungl Maj:ts orden 1998 (ISBN:9163067447)

Information can also be found in <Lines of Succession> by Jiri Louda & Michael Maclagan, although the above mentioned four do not appear (or not as shown) in it.

I have graphics of the arms as crown prince, of both the present King and his predecessor, which I can post: again these are not in Louda & M.

If you could it would be great.
Thanks for the info
Do you have a special program to create these arms?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wondered if anybody can help me in finding the coat-of-arkms of the Bourbon-Parma family? It seems that it is hard to find... :(.

I wondered if anybody can help me in finding the coat-of-arkms of the Bourbon-Parma family? It seems that it is hard to find... :(.
They are hard to find, but here are two. I can't find a bigger image of the full arms.

Attachments

• Bourbon-Parma.gif
    Bourbon-Parma.gif
    4 KB · Views: 1,532
  • Bourbon-Parma2.jpg
    Bourbon-Parma2.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 883
Last edited:
Bourbon-Parme
Bourbon-Parma3.jpg

Armoiries du prince Jean en 1939 (father Bourbon-Parme)
Armoiries du prince Jean en 1939.jpg

Grandes armoiries de S.A.R. le Grand-Duc Henri de Luxembourg (Grandfather Bourbon-Parme)
Grandes armoiries de S.A.R. le Grand-Duc Henri de Luxembourg.jpg

Thanks Warren and Harry.

I thought the Grand Duke Jean of Luxemburg dropped all the Bourbon Parma titles in the 80-ties and thus also from his coat-of-arms.

Thanks Warren and Harry.

I thought the Grand Duke Jean of Luxemburg dropped all the Bourbon Parma titles in the 80-ties and thus also from his coat-of-arms.
These are the personal arms of the Grand-Dukes

The Bourbon-Parme arms is still used in the personal arms because the descend from the Bourbon-Parme family in the male-line.

According to Wikepedia there was a Grand Ducal Decree, 28 July 1986, Jean renounced the titles of the House of Bourbon-Parma for himself and his family in 1986 when his eldest son, then-Hereditary Grand Duke Henri married Maria-Theresa Mestre. The reason for this being that the Duke of Parma, Carlos Hugo, ruled the marriage unequal in 1981.

But they still use the armes because they renounced the titles but they are still family.

http://www.gouvernement.lu/publications/download/AP_armoiries_2006.pdf

a better copy of the arms of Infanta Elena of Spain
Untitled-Scanned-01 (3).jpg

THe coronet shown is only an image. There is one Prince's coronet, and that is the Crown of the Prince of Wales. (Although there are three versions, only one is ever worn at any given time). There is only one "Prince" as Great Britain only has one Principality-Wales. Thus all other "Princes" wear the coronet in accordance with the senior of their other titles. Eg: HRH The Earl of Wessex, wears an Earls' coronet. HRH The Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh wears a Dukes' coronet, as does HRH The Duke of York.
The Princes of the United Kingdom do not wear the coronet of an earl or of a duke. They wear a royal coronet depending on their relationship to the Monarch. It is to be regretted that information is posted here 'authoritatively' when it is totally incorrect.

<Kungliga Serafimerorden, 1748-1998> by Per Nordenvall published Stockholm: Kungl Maj:ts orden 1998 (ISBN:9163067447)
Information can also be found in <Lines of Succession> by Jiri Louda & Michael Maclagan.
Thanks for the information, I bought both books, very helpfull.
How did you make the armes you placed here on the forum? Do you have a program to creat them?

Spain...

I found this one.
Infanta Cristina's and Elena's crests.
File:Coat_of_Infanta_Elena_of_Spain,_Duchess_of_Lugo.png

Attachments

• Coat_of_arms_of_Infanta_Cristina_of_Spain,_Duchess_of_Palma_de_Mallorca.png
    Coat_of_arms_of_Infanta_Cristina_of_Spain,_Duchess_of_Palma_de_Mallorca.png
    113 KB · Views: 1,834
  • Coat_of_Infanta_Elena_of_Spain,_Duchess_of_Lugo.png
    Coat_of_Infanta_Elena_of_Spain,_Duchess_of_Lugo.png
    112.9 KB · Views: 868
Does anybody have more info about the arms of the infantes of Spain. I found 2 others also: Infanta Margarita, Duchess of Soria and Infanta Pilar, Duchess of Badajoz.
Greets
Nicolas

Attachments

• Coat of arms of Infanta Margarita, Duchess of Soria.png
    Coat of arms of Infanta Margarita, Duchess of Soria.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,468
  • Coat of arms of Infanta Pilar, Duchess of Badajoz.png
    Coat of arms of Infanta Pilar, Duchess of Badajoz.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 1,698
British Royal coronets

The Royal coronets were defined by a Royal Warrant of 19 November 1917.
- The heir-apparant shall have a coronet composed of four crosses patèe and four fleurs de lys, surmounted by a single arch with orb and Cross.
- The sons and daughters of the heir-apparant shall have a coronet composed of two strawberry leaves, two crosses patèe and four fleurs de lys.
- The sons and daughters of the Sovereign, which includes brothers and sisters of the Sovereign shall have a coronet composed of four crosses patèe and four fleurs de lys.
- The sons and daughters of sons and brothers of the Sovereign shall have a coronet composed of four strawberry leaves and four crosses patèe.
- The sons and daughters of daughters of the Sovereign with the style of Highness shall have a coronet composed of four strawberry leaves and four fleurs de lys.

From "Royal Heraldry of England", J.H. & R.V. Pinches.

Greets
Nicolas

Attachments

• Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall arms 01.jpg
    Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall arms 01.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,253
  • Princess Beatrice of York 01.jpg
    Princess Beatrice of York 01.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 2,581
  • Princess Anne, Princess Royal Scotland arms01.jpg
    Princess Anne, Princess Royal Scotland arms01.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 1,823
  • Elizabeth arms.jpg
    Elizabeth arms.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 715
This is a very silly question, but how is a coronet different from a coat of arms?

This is a very silly question, but how is a coronet different from a coat of arms?

A coat of Arms is a heraldic device specific to an individual eg to Queen Elizabeth II.

A coronet is a "crown" worn by a non Sovereign at a Coronation (only in UK others just have them but never wear them) they are different according to the holders degree:

Coronet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here are a few pics of coronets

Greets
Nicolas

Attachments

• ducal coronet.jpg
    ducal coronet.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 3,178
  • England Baron 01.jpg
    England Baron 01.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 2,504
  • coronets and crowns.jpg
    coronets and crowns.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 5,291
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester

Coat of Arms of HRH The Duchess of Gloucester (neé Birgitte van Deurs)
Assigned by Royal Warrant 18 Jul 1973
Image reconstructed from information in Boutell's Heraldry (a 1970's edn.):-
Basic Arms
Marital Arms, with Van Deurs arms 'in pretence' in centre of Duke's arms
The main reason the shield of the Coat of Arms of HRH The Duchess of Gloucester appear at the centre [or honour point] of her husband's Arms is that it was Granted directly to Her Royal Highness and was not inherited from her father. Firstly, HRH is Danish and her father was a foreign national, not of British descent, and therefore not entitled to a Grant from the College of Arms in London. Secondly, HRH's parents had long been divorced before she married the Duke. I believe HRH's maiden name of Van Deurs is in fact her mother's maiden name and that her father had little to do with her.

The Phillips Family

Zara en Peter Philips

Zara
View attachment 266343

Peter, i am not sure, but it could be one of these two
View attachment 266341View attachment 266342

Daughters use their father's arms on a lozenge, the eldest son of an eldest son uses a label of five points, so I think it's the first one
These Coats of Arms are slightly out of date as the father of Capt Mark Phillips has since passed away.

The shield with the five-pointed label was Peter Phillips' Coat of Arms when his grandfather was still alive. However, he has taken over the three-pointed label and Capt Mark Phillips uses the Coat of Arms with no label.

As for Zara Phillips, I was assured by the College of Arms that, as originally the only female descendant of the original Grantee, namely her grandfather, then she was entitled to bear the Coat of Arms on a suitable shield for a woman [namely a Lozenge as here or an Oval] without the label. In fact, now that Peter and Autumn Phillips have a daughter, Serena, the above arms are actually hers.

:previous:
Actually, Mr and Mrs Peter Phillips' daughter's name is 'Savannah,' not 'Serena.' Miss Phillips was christened earlier in the year, and, as far as i know, no middle name/s have ever been reported to the public.

Actually, Mr and Mrs Peter Phillips' daughter's name is 'Savannah,' not 'Serena.' Miss Phillips was christened earlier in the year, and, as far as i know, no middle name/s have ever been reported to the public.

She was christened Savannah Anne Kathleen Phillips and now has a younger sister, Isla Elizabeth, who was born sometime last year.
FYI- Ironically, Mrs. Peter Phillips and HSH Princess Grace of Monaco were born Autumn Patricia Kelly, and Grace Patricia Kelly, respectively.

Back
Top Bottom