Noble and Royal Genealogical websites and links

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ofcourse,credit where credit is due Lumutqueen,I agree!So,so that goes first of all to Hein Bruins and no-one else while we here just profit from all the work that goes into maintaining a geneology website,as I have seen for myself numerous times at his place.And he appreciates the acknowledgement too.All that for Biri to copy here and without whom she had nothing to post here in this thread as ofcourse you will agree.Yes,I always make a point of giving credit to photographers,every time,they deserve that,they make most go ohh and ahh or give pleasure otherwise,so yes,they will have their credits.Without doing so we would be nothing less then free-loaders,others have to pay for the pics you know,and big money too,so,let's consider ourselves lucky,...for the time being.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hein Bruins is a very productive member of Nobiliana and Nobiliana and Hein provide each other of interesting genealogical information about Royalty.
Some of Hein's information come from Nobiliana, some are originaly found by other members of Nobiliana (with original sources as Carnet Mondain, Daily Telegraph announcements, Le Figaro or Svenska Dagbladet).
There you can find the exact dates.
Special thanks are for Anuschka and Netty and of course Hein

Plus Hein knows most families he writes about personally,and thus has immediate access.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I am new here but am building a website of interest to the British Royal Family past and present, so please take a look. It will be expanding every week and so any advice or tips plus any requests, please look at www.britishroyalfamilytree.com

Last edited:
Paul theroff website

Anybody know how to achieve Paul Theroff´s website? (Royal Genealogy/Royal News) He runs it under "Angelfire" but I can´t open angelfire anymore.

Thanks in advance, Stefanie

Thank you, Ish, meanwhile it works again!

I am looking for a dataset on the Peerage of Great Britain in machine-readable format, starting in the 17th century and containing information until the year 1720. Ideally it would contain information on family links and inheritance/probate etc.
Is anyone aware of such data?

I am looking for a dataset on the Peerage of Great Britain in machine-readable format, starting in the 17th century and containing information until the year 1720. Ideally it would contain information on family links and inheritance/probate etc.
Is anyone aware of such data?

I'm not sure what you mean by "dataset" and "machine-readable format." Are you looking for online books, CD-ROMs, ??

I'm not sure what you mean by "dataset" and "machine-readable format." Are you looking for online books, CD-ROMs, ??

No, I think they are referring to a list that can be used with a STAT software such as R, Stata or SAS.

To answer the original poster, unfortunately I don't know anyone who would have that kind of dataset unless they are studying royal genealogy for a PhD.

Hi, I just rejoined after so many years I forgot when was the last time I posted! I'm catching up now that I'm retired since January 2021 and with spare time to enjoy reading about history and genealogy. Don't know if this was posted but the Genealogy You tube Channel called useful charts has a Reddit forum for all things genealogy, in case you are interested in charts. They download as a PNG file since some of them are extremely detail oriented and you need to zoom in often:

https://www.reddit.com/r/UsefulCharts/

The English network of Geneall is part of a global project which includes five other websites divided by their native languages – Spanish, Portuguese, French, German and Italian – and yet a seventh website gathering genealogical information on countries that do not fall under these categories.

On this site you can find information about the genealogy of many personalities and families, namely royal families and contribute with information about them.
https://geneall.net/en/

Here's a French website that has the most elegant family tree graphics I've ever seen. Within each segment they put a tree that pertains to the family they're talking about. Here is one for Two-Sicilies:

https://histoiresroyales.fr/famille...-mariage-noces-argent-duc-duchesse-de-castro/

EllieCat thanks for that website* link! I've been reading every page of that site finding so much royal and noble articles, all non-gossip, is like a treasure chest. :flowers:
*the site is in French so just mouse over the page, right click and translate. Because of browser pop-ups I had to do this a few times until everything translated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom