General Royal Genealogical questions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How far needs one to go to declare a family "Spanish"? If we go this way, we can say no one is ever "American" but always remain 'Italian" or "Spanish" or "Irish"...

Exactly, and if people start saying that someone isn't truly British or American or Spanish or anything else, just because their ancestors several centuries ago or even several decades ago came from somewhere else, then it can lead to some quite dangerous ways of thinking.

:previous:
:previous:

I fully agree with both of you. Even when the subject is "blood", I cannot understand why Spanish blood could not be ascribed to Felipe VI, who descends in a nearly uninterrupted line (with just the one intermezzo of Felipe V, who did not have a Spanish parent) of Spanish and Castilian monarchs tracing to the first millennium.

If you will permit a small correction: The family names of Juan Carlos, Alfonso XII and his parents were simply de Borbón y Borbón. At the time, the Spanish, Parmese and Sicilian branches of the House of Bourbon all bore the undifferentiated surname of Bourbon.

Last edited:
Curryong

https://www.abroadintheyard.com/rea...age-which-would-have-changed-british-history/

Here’s one. There are probably more, descendants of illegimate scions of royalty.

Thank you for that information, I believe I live next to a person that is a descendant of British royalty, due to this person committing animal cruelty and when I reported this cruelty our Judicial System in Western Australia put a gag order on me, where I cannot speak about this person and the cruelty she and her husband inflicted on thier animal, I have had the police confiscated the footage of the cruelty.

Back
Top Bottom