Genealogy of the Royal Family of Greece

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cuervo

Aristocracy
:heart: This is the GL from Olga Constantinova,the later Queen Olga of Greece!!

Attachments

• untitRAMMInew2.JPG
    untitRAMMInew2.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 29,366
Genealogy for the (modern) Greek Royal Family

I thought we had a thread for the family tree of the modern Greek Royal family and I took my time searching page after page for where to post this. If there is one thread already, feel free to send this one there. thanks!

The link I found relates to their Byzantine ancestry. Comes to mind that in the past their non-Greek origins have been placed into question but, when you climb down the branches of their family tree, the modern Greek Royals seem to be as Greek as the ancient Constantinople itself. :cool:

Byzantine ancestry of Greek Royal Family

With so many Byzantine imperial branches associated with them maybe it's about time they pick up a last name that relates to the area closer than to their association to the Danish royal family. The Bonaparte's main branch became separated from the rest with the surname Napoleon, so there is historical precedence for the Greek royals to consider an appropiate surname if they choose to.

Last edited:
They may be the Greek royal family but they have mostly German and some Danish ancestry since even king Christian IX's parents and his wife were german (house of Hesse cassel) as well as Sophie who was a prussian princess and George I was a Danish prince

They may be the Greek royal family but they have mostly German and some Danish ancestry since even king Christian IX's parents and his wife were german (house of Hesse cassel) as well as Sophie who was a prussian princess and George I was a Danish prince

And all Danish Kings were from German House of Oldenburg and most Queens of Denmark have been for centuries from the German dynasties which either ruled in Germany or in other countries(Hanover in Great Britain)...

For example,if you look at Crown Prince Pavlos's ancestry one can see that out of his 128 nearest ancestors only 3 of them were not of German ethnic origin and they were King Carl IX Johann of Sweden,Queen Desiree of Sweden and Vicomte Eugene de Beauharnais,Duke von Leuchtenberg...

Last edited:
And all Danish Kings were from German House of Oldenburg and most Queens of Denmark have been for centuries from the German dynasties which either ruled in Germany or in other countries(Hanover in Great Britain)...

For example,if you look at Crown Prince Pavlos's ancestry one can see that out of his 128 nearest ancestors only 3 of them were not of German ethnic origin and they were King Carl IX Johann of Sweden,Queen Desiree of Sweden and Vicomte Eugene de Beauharnais,Duke von Leuchtenberg...

Research shows there is or was an heir. His name was Michael Petter. The Petter's were part of the Constantine family under a different name from way back. I have no translation for the Greek name. or I can't pronounce it. His mother was Russian born, named Rosemarie Zawistoski, and the father was Greek and English with ties to both royal families. The fathers name was Christ. Pronounced Chris (died in 2006)

To our knowledge as the attorneys handling the estate of the family, the only heir to the family (Michael) died in 2017. Unless he had a child we don't know about, the family tree ends there. Supposedly, and we really have no proof either way, there was a brief union between Michael and a commoner called Robin Jumbelick from the United States. (nationality Unknown)

If this union produced a child, we are unaware of it at this point. But if it exists, then it would indeed be the only heir to the estate. If there is no child, then that ends that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom