Genealogics Website

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David Lewis

Commoner
City
Milton Keynes
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if Leo Van De Pas' excellent Genealogics website has been taken down permanently?
I use the site quite a lot and haven't been able to access it since early Saturday morning 21/01/2017.
I know unfortunately passed away in August but I was hoping the site would remain.
any knowledge gratefully received

I usually access the site by googling Leo van de Pas and then clicking on the link to www.genealogics.org. However since Saturday I get a message on my PC saying "this page can't be displayed"
If I try accessing from my I pad i never get connected.
What am I doing wrong?

I usually access the site by googling Leo van de Pas and then clicking on the link to www.genealogics.org. However since Saturday I get a message on my PC saying "this page can't be displayed"
If I try accessing from my I pad i never get connected.
What am I doing wrong?

I clicked on your link, and I am on an iPad too, and your link works for me.

How weird. It. Still doesn't work on my PC or iPad. I'm in the uk using Windows 10 on my PC.

Can someone post a link to another page on the site so I can see whether that works for me. Thanks

I'm in the UK and it isn't working for me.

Do you happen to use the same internet provider (i think you're both in the UK?) and does the provider by any chance have an issue with PHP web sites?
No wait, that can't be it, TRF is php too :lol:

Try this website tester to see if it is indeed down for you (I get an UP and reachable but i'm in the netherlands)
http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/

Last edited:
Do you happen to use the same internet provider (i think you're both in the UK?) and does the provider by any chance have an issue with PHP web sites?
No wait, that can't be it, TRF is php too :lol:

Try this website tester to see if it is indeed down for you (I get an UP and reachable but i'm in the netherlands)
Is It Down Right Now? Website Down or Not?

Tried your link and it says the website is up. I'm in the uk and use btinternet as my isp.

The plot thickens,
I tried accessing the site on my iPhone and failed when connected to my home wifi. However I then turned the wifi of and used 4g and I managed to connect.
So it seems the problem is my ISP. But seeing that things worked up till Friday I'm not sure where I go from here?

The site comes up for me. It can be the ISP in whatever country a user is from. Sometimes when I post links to Gettyimages on another Board, members from Australia can't view the website or photos at all, they get "access forbidden" and this seems to happen quite often. Sometimes anti-virus software on a PC and/or smartphone blocks certain websites.

Back
Top Bottom