HM Queen Elizabeth II​ - Rest In Peace
The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-08-2018, 11:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
If the DoE had out of wedlock children that were even acknowledged by the Queen, than the yellow press papers all over the world would be overflowing with that story. Besides, such children wouldn't be titled. And it's completely out of the question, that a child gets the last name of her mother in combination with a Princess title from the father. 'Princess Kennedy' is complete nonsense, unless the US turns decides to create princely titles for the members of the families of their ex-presidents. (Mind you, I don't see that one coming any time soon.)
Its her first name, not her title...

Old 07-08-2018, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Its her first name, not her title...
OK, but she seems to people to believe that it's her title.

Old 07-08-2018, 12:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
OK, but she seems to people to believe that it's her title.
Perhaps she does, but its not gonna get her anywhere. There are load of people who call htemsleves Count or Prince or what have you...
Old 09-28-2018, 03:26 AM

Quote:
True, but in any case illegitimate offspring of royals whether true or fake, aren't really royal….
That's for sure.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
True, but in any case illegitimate offspring of royals whether true or fake, aren't really royal….

I am not so sure. Sinde the UK passed the new bill on courtesy titles, it is possible for adopted children to use the same styles and courtesy titles as the blood children of a peer. So if the souverain wanted, it should be possible to adopt an illegitime child and declare them Royal, including the official style and precedence.

In France there is the historical example of Louis XIV. who declared his illegitime offspring not only as full members of the "Maison de France" and thus as princes of the blood Royal, but even declared in his will that if his legitimate descendants died, the line would continue with the illegitimate - thus declaring that it is the Royal blood that counts, not the question of who the mother was or if the child was born in wedlock.

Before that there are other examples of illegitimate children becoming the Head of a Royal House. Most notable William the Conqueror.

I agree that nowadays the "myth of the Blood Royal" does not seem to count for much (see the treatment the princesses of York receive at the hands of the media/Part of the public) and the way Royal Houses try to downgrade their members who are further down the line, but there is still the example of the Swedish RF, who accepts that female blood can give Royalty as well.

Same with noble blood: if my two grandmothers had been men, then I'd be named a Countess today (in my country this is just part of the name, so...), with both parents of the nobility. Because they were women, I only have some titled relations and noone in the family considers our part of it as "noble".
Old 10-02-2018, 12:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Crown is not the same as a peerage.. and adopted or illegitimate children of peers only use the courtesty title of a peer's child. They cannot get into the line of succession to the peerage
Old 10-26-2021, 10:49 PM

Oh I've got a story, we must talk about this prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomek1 View Post
Unfortunately I know this fraud, he is an alcoholic and he is broke. He has an old phone, old shoes and cheap clothes, he goes around telling everyone he is a Prince which most royalty do not do! He scams his way into parties and tries any way he can to get his pic taken with a celebrity. He hangs out with suckers who want to feel important by hanging with a "Prince' and most likely they pay for everything because Denver never has his wallet on him!!!
I've got to talk to you,
Old 10-30-2021, 12:56 AM
Courtier

I just found this thread.
So here's my contribution, a story from Japan:

Imperial imposters get 26 months

Quote:
(...)

Yasuyuki Kitano, 44, and Harumi Sakamoto, 47, staged the sham wedding in April 2003 by pretending to be members of the Arisugawa family, part of the Imperial line that can be traced back to 1625 to Prince Yoshihito, the son of Emperor Goyozei.

(...)

According to the prosecutors, Kitano began calling himself Satohito Arisugawa in the mid-1980s and claimed to be a prince of the Arisugawa family. In 2003, however, the Metropolitan Police Department checked with the Imperial Household Agency and confirmed he was not related in any way to the royal family.

It is believed the impostor obtained information on the Arisugawa line from a public library in Kyoto Prefecture.

Kitano and Sakamoto first met in October 2002 and hatched the plan for the bogus wedding shortly after.

(...)

The bogus wedding attracted guests including celebrities, a former member of the Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly and members of a rightwing group in Tokyo.

According to the ruling, Kitano appeared at the ceremony formally dressed as an army general, complete with white gloves and medals on his chest. Sakamoto, the impostor bride, donned a traditional 12-layer kimono at one point.

The two also charged their guests 10,000 yen to have memorial photos taken with the couple. When the photo sessions did not prove popular, Sakamoto asked for an announcement to be made notifying guests about the service.

In an absurd twist, however, it appears the couple failed to do their homework on the financing for the wedding: Even though they bilked the guests out of more than 12 million yen in cash, the cost of the ceremony is believed to have exceeded their take.

(...)

Although Kitano admitted early in the investigation to sending out the invitations, he denied during the trial that he misrepresented himself and said he in fact never stated to anyone publicly that he was as a member of the royal family.

Sakamoto also denied her part in the bogus ceremony, saying she merely had a wedding party and invited her friends.

“The two have been refusing to face up their crime and are escaping from reality,” the judge said in his ruling.

(...)
If you can't access the article, you can read the story here:

The Imposter Prince and an Imperial Wedding Scam?!
Old 10-30-2021, 10:53 AM

Scariest thing about imposter Royalties

The fear of knowing you crossed paths with someone who, before the court if Law refuses to accept reality and gos so far as to make a mockry of the courts posting a hearing as the daily life of a prince...is a dangerous person to cross paths with physically, not than online. I am learning it is not someone to write off as sad they can't face reality. To assume it's okay to expose them is as dangerous as walking into a D.V. situation, it's a huge possibility.I crossed paths online with one who will not stop at anything to living out the fantasy with jailed stints and more, warrants etc. Thing is too many bazaar incidents, showing off shooting a Glock at know target, mysterious so call marriage and girlfriend gone or dead. I blocked from my life, my fear, I left my entertainment contacts in clear site if this man and I had to start the process to notify.somethings are even too scary to expose,

Tags
hohenzollern, imposters, norway