Descendants of Vlad Tepes (aka Vlad the Impaler)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anastasia ana

Gentry
City
IASI
Country
Romania
Twilight star Robert Pattinson is Vlad Tepes' relative

"British star Robert Pattinson, best known for his vampire part in the highly successful franchise "Twilight", is a distant relative of Vlad the Impaler, also known as Count Dracula, the blood-thirsty vampire in 1897's Bram Stoker novel, Mediafax says, quoting Ancestry.com experts."

SOURCE Twilight star Robert Pattinson is Vlad Tepes' relative-

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think so,it's hardly difficult to establish the correct bloodline,as it's well-known that Vlad the Dracula had no direct descendants

I'm assuming by the comments here that vlad tepes alias dracula didn't have any children. Did he had brothers or sisters?

I'm assuming by the comments here that vlad tepes alias dracula didn't have any children. Did he had brothers or sisters?
Yes.he had a brother,maybe some unofficial siblings as well.She had an illegitimate son with a woman from noble family,called Coltsuna

Thank you dear Ascarlucy

For your question,
As we learnt in my country,VLAD,THE IMPALER-Vlad Tepes,inspiration of DRACULA,had two sons.In 1508 Dracula's oldest son ,VLAD made a strike for the Throne of Wallachia,but was beaten back by MIHNEA,who claimed to be an illegitimate son of Dracula.Of his two sons,only one married.

Ridiculous, the stories are trying to promote the film.

For your question,
As we learnt in my country,VLAD,THE IMPALER-Vlad Tepes,inspiration of DRACULA,had two sons.In 1508 Dracula's oldest son ,VLAD made a strike for the Throne of Wallachia,but was beaten back by MIHNEA,who claimed to be an illegitimate son of Dracula.Of his two sons,only one married.
It will be interesting to know his bloodline(genealogy) till nowadays

There'd be millions of people descended from Vlad alive today. Most wouldn't be able to trace their ancestry but those fortunate enough to be related to the any of the royal families in some way would be able to. So, there's millions of "blood suckers" wandering about....so much for them being sensitive to sunlight!!!!:D:p

If anyone is interested, here's some posts from soc.genealogy.medieval to look at...

Vlad Tepes/Dracula line

lineage of Vlad Tepes

Vlad the Impaler

Ridiculous, the stories are trying to promote the film.
Agree! This can't be true...the chance are one in a million! But it's funny to read.
I like the link of Vlad's genealogy, i'll take a look after.

Agree! This can't be true...the chance are one in a million! But it's funny to read.
I like the link of Vlad's genealogy, i'll take a look after.

Why can't it be true....just because they're using it to promote the film. If he is in any way related to royalty, then he'll have some connection to the Impaler.

As a matter of fact, you are probably related to him...the chances are quite good if you've traced your own ancestry back and found royal/noble connections.

Also, if you want to know where they got the appellation "Dracul" from, it's actually not anything to do with the "son of the devil" or anything like that. There is an obscure chivalric order called "The Sovereign Order of the Dragon". It's an Eastern European chivalric order, very similar to the Teutonic Order, but specifically obtains to southern Poland, Ukraine, Romania (especially), Moldavia etc. The heads of the order are known as "draculs"....dragons. It has nothing to do with the devil. "Count Dracula" just means a count that was the son of a dracul, or senior member/head of the order. It's no different to giving a girl the surname "Ivanova" after her father, who would be "...." Ivanov.

Might come of some interest, but Prince Charles is a member of the order:)

Last edited:
Yes, thank you ONEOFTHEM, i found this explanation for the name
"Vlad, or Dracula, was born in 1431 in Transylvania into a noble family. His father was called "Dracul," meaning "dragon" or "devil" in Romanian because he belonged to the Order of the Dragon, which fought the Muslim Ottoman Empire.

"Dracula" means "son of Dracul" in Romanian. Therefore young Vlad was "son of the dragon" or "son of the devil." Scholars believe this was the beginning of the legend that Dracula was a vampire."

This was taken from www.infoplease.com

The Symbolism and Meaning of Dragons
By Kathleen Karlsen, MA
√ Updated: September 14, 2010
Introduction to Dragon Meaning
More than any other image, the dragon is associated with the Orient. A symbol of the emperor himself, the dragon was master of all of the elements of nature. The sinuous dragon can take many forms and can be victorious in any circumstance. The dragon is often used in corporate logos and can be either male or female.

Origin of the name "Dracula": VLAD TEPES - The Historical Dracula

Well, i would be very impressed if i'm related to Vlad. Pattison on the other hand...i think he has more chances to be related to him than me! lol.
But yeah, it could be true. Everything is possible :)

Well, i would be very impressed if i'm related to Vlad. Pattison on the other hand...i think he has more chances to be related to him than me! lol.
But yeah, it could be true. Everything is possible :)

Have you traced out your family history?? You never know who you might be related to until you do:D

I found an interesting link where it is mentioned TEPES"s relationship with a very nice 17 old girl from CORONA (BRASOV today),named KATHARINA
Daughter of Thomas Siegel, zunftmeister Seilergrasse and of Susannei,born Fronius, Katharina was considered the nicest girl of CORONA .from the transylvanian chronicle it is mentioned that from their relationship were born 5 children :Vladislav "Laszlo" (n. 1456), Catherina (n. 1459) , Christian (n. 1461), Hanna (n. 1463) si Sigismund (n. 1468), and Tepes took care of all his descendents , as it si found in the acts of year 1850 of families Draguly, Laszlo (Ladislau) or Siegel .
source :Vlad Tepes - Personalitati transilvanene - Transilvania Online

Might come of some interest, but Prince Charles is a member of the order:)

Not just that...Prince Charles is,like the majority of royals,a direct descendant of Vlad Dracul,Duke of Wallachia who was Dracula's father...here is his line:

Vlad II Dracul,"Vlad the Dragon",Duke of Wallachia,ruled from 1430-1446
I
Vlad IV ''the Monk",Duke of Wallachia,lived from 1435-1495
I
Radu IV "the Great",Duke of Wallachia,lived from 1467-1508
I
Mircea III "the Shepherd",Duke of Wallachia,died in 1559
I
Princess Stanca Basarab of Wallachia
I
Semphira Logofat de Szaszebes,died in 1602
I
Adam Racz de Galgo
I
Peter Racz de Galgo
I
Christina Racz de Galgo
I
Katalin Kuun de Osdola
I
Agnes Kendeffy de Malomviz,born in 1727
I
Baron Gregor Inczédy de Nagy-Varad,died in 1816
I
Baroness Agnes Inczedy de Nagy Varad,lived from 1788-1856
I
Countess Claudine Rhedey de Kis-Rhede,lived from 1812-1841
I
Duke Franz von Teck,lived from 1837-1900
I
Princess Victoria Mary of Teck,lived from 1867-1953
I
King George VI of Great Britain,lived from 1895-1952
I
Elizabeth II,Queen of Great Britain,born in 1926
I
Charles,Prince of Wales,born in 1948

Very cool genealogical info. And while Queen Elizabeth displays no bloodsucking tendencies, she does manage to come across as someone who should be in charge (control) of something. A dash of that fierce blood does seem to show in her! (At the time Vlad and his father lived, other monarchs were writing and visiting him for tips on how to rule s sternly as he did).

And while Queen Elizabeth displays no bloodsucking tendencies. A dash of that fierce blood does seem to show in her! .

Well,that may be because her bloodline relations were "only" indirect...she has descended "just" from father of "Vlad the Impaler",not from himself...

Ther other bloody connection is that she has descended from Maria Ludowika,sister of the "Vampire Princess" Eleonore von Schwarzenberg...

im a Descendant of Vlad Tepes i've even got the papers to prove it! @anastasia ana prince charles cant become Romanias king
1: he's queen elizibaths ugh son or something like that
2: he's not even Romanian
3: that's just totally stupid

Last edited:
:previous:
Prince Charles is not a descendant of Vlad Tepes (at least, not through a confirmed line), but that of Vlad's father, Vlad II Dracul.
I'm not sure what papers would he need to provide; the genealogy of his family is probably the most thoroughly-researched one in the world.

Yes.he had a brother,maybe some unofficial siblings as well.She had an illegitimate son with a woman from noble family,called Coltsuna

he had 1 younger brother Radu III n 2 older half brothers, Mircea II and Vlad Carlugarul, but he also had 2 sons Vlad Țepeluș and Mihnea I "the Bad"

Found Something

So the bloodline of Dracula had never been broken In 2002-2004 , 1 book was found in Sarata-Monteoru , Romania .. and in that book its all the family tree of Vlad Tepes ... but I don't know if it really its true because the Romanian authorities "lost the book" but a few articles sed that in the book were written a few names that no one could identify , Anghelescu Radu or something like that , a man born in Romania in the 20 century ... but no one know more , some locals sed that this man wasn't in the bloodline of dracula but he was just a member of the royal family .

Anastasia YOU ARE WRONG

You are very wrong!!! That is the majority of what I have to say; however I will add more to this, I am a descendant of Vlad Dracula, and the information you have posted is wrong because for one reason; Vlad was not a Count he was Prince (or in Romanian Voivde) of Wallachia. As for Robert Pattinson, who truly knows; however I really doubt that he is a descendant of Vlad's. As for Brom Stroker's Dracula; that was just someone who adapted the life of the Real Vlad; and made into something extremely fictional.

Back
Top Bottom