Descendants of Royals of the British Isles

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Tjl, I want to say that I am sorry for my heart signed view of your situation. I want to say that I am airy for saying that decent from 5 siblings is ridiculous. This shows how little royal research I have truly done.

You are right, that is a beast story and truly unique.

I would love to have the chance to bend this bridge with you. I would like to extend an invitation to see if we are related through gene. Com

I love how you can click on a profile and it shows how convoluted of a relationship that you do have.

I would enjoy this. It would definitely show about Verdun, and possibly more!

With a more open mind for the future,

Warhiker

I was wondering: how likely is a Person to be descent from English Royalty?

Also aside from ancestry is there any other website to find if I have Royal Ancestors?

people related to William an Harry

who do you think is related to William an Harry, I know of several. One for sure is Angela Chalmers, the Olympic medal winner for Canada, she is there 5th cousin twice removed

as well as William's wife Kate, is related to them, don't be fooled you think the queen would of given her blessing as tradition calls for, if she didn't have some type of royal connection, what I understand she is William's 16th cousin

I don't know. The Russian Royal family tree is huge and really spans across many countries throughout the years, looks like it touches a little in England.

very true Thumbahlia, it is very large. but i'm just talking about the relations they call commoners like myself, an the people that they would like to keep a secret, like there 4th cousin who by the way is still alive, an was a bank robber in his early years in life, an by the way is still alive an is a happy 83 years old now, is just some, his father was banished to Canada to be destory'd an forgotten by the Family for marrying a maid in the house. quick question as a royal follower, you must of heard that Lady Di was related to the Stuart Kings, well she was King James the 4th of Scotland to be exact who was married to Margaret Tudor, but on who's side her mothers or fathers

Diana is a direct descendant of Charles II - a later King than James IV - through three of Charles II's children. Camilla and Sarah Ferguson are also descendants of the Stuarts through their descent from Charles II's children.

The Queen is a descendant of James IV through her descent from James IV's granddaughter - Mary Queen of Scots - as is Philip and pretty well every European monarch.

James IV was the father of James V who was the father of Mary, Queen of Scots - from their the line to The Queen goes - James VI and I, Elizabeth the Winter Queen, Sophia of Hanover, George I, George II, Frederick, Prince of Wales, George III, Edward, Duke of Kent, Victoria, Edward VII, George V, George VI, Elizabeth II etc. To reach Philip after Victoria the line goes - Alice, Victoria, 1st Marchioness of Milford-Haven, Princess Alice (married Prince Andrew of Greece) and then to Philip.

I have never heard of a cousin who was a bank robber - names and details please.

Last edited:
british royalist, anything is possible, take for instance James Chalmers jr an Lady Margaret Douglas, they had 64 grandkids, or William Chalmers an Betty Bunn, they have 27 grandkids .........so saying that anything is possible

Although this is more like playing six degrees of separation, I do think its kind of an interesting story.

We all know of Edward VIII (David) and his abdication and his marriage to Wallis Simpson but the interesting part is that prior to Wallis, his mistress was Thelma Furness who was married to Marmaduke Furness, 1st Viscount Furness. She also was the one that introduced David to Wallis. Thelma had an identical twin sister named Gloria. Both Thelma and Gloria are descendants of the well known Vanderbilt family. Gloria has a son that is very well known and loved by many today. We see him all the time on CNN news. Anderson Cooper.

So, if by chance Thelma had divorced Marmaduke and married David, our CNN anchor really could have had some "royal connections" as an insider by marriage.

Funny. Shake a family tree and all kinds of interesting nuts fall out. :D

I don't know of any. Personally, if I were I wouldn't tell anyone. I am not. Their royal jobs are huge. Heck, let the qualified that the public adores do it. There are a bunch of royal houses, for England, they surely do not lack a linage past their own. Lots of different families have a place on line and it is huge. Kind of comforting that the royal buck doesn't stop with as seen on tv.

Although this is more like playing six degrees of separation, I do think its kind of an interesting story.

We all know of Edward VIII (David) and his abdication and his marriage to Wallis Simpson but the interesting part is that prior to Wallis, his mistress was Thelma Furness who was married to Marmaduke Furness, 1st Viscount Furness. She also was the one that introduced David to Wallis. Thelma had an identical twin sister named Gloria. Both Thelma and Gloria are descendants of the well known Vanderbilt family. Gloria has a son that is very well known and loved by many today. We see him all the time on CNN news. Anderson Cooper.

So, if by chance Thelma had divorced Marmaduke and married David, our CNN anchor really could have had some "royal connections" as an insider by marriage.

Funny. Shake a family tree and all kinds of interesting nuts fall out. :D

Almost correct. Thelma did have a twin-sister named Gloria who married a Vanderbilt and had a daughter also named Gloria who in turn is the mother of Anderson Cooper.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Almost correct. Thelma did have a twin-sister named Gloria who married a Vanderbilt and had a daughter also named Gloria who in turn is the mother of Anderson Cooper.

Oh yah... :blush: I knew something wasn't quite right but couldn't put my finger on it. Thelma is Cooper's great aunt.

Lesson for today boys and girls. Do not attempt postings until after the coffee is done brewing.

so Iluv bertie, did you get my private message, about the question you asked about the bank robber.........I added alittle more stuff that I thought you might be interested in...........cheers from Canada

Iluvbertie there is also another book that I forgot to mention, its call the Chalmers of Balnacraig an Cult an septs. an was based on the family genealogy that was put together by a man by the name of Patrick Henderson Chalmers, who was married to the daughter of the chief of the McDonnells of Glengarry, He was also the founder of the law firm C&PH Chalmers with his son Charles Hugh Lindsay Henderson Chalmers. these two gentleman are desendants of of James Chalmers jr an Lady Margaret Douglas William an Harry's 9th grandparents. Correct me if i'm wrong but what i understand through my family research is that it wasn't the earl Spencer who had the connection to the Stuarts it was his first wife Burke Roche, an by the way she was quite Scottish being that she was born in Aberdeen Scotland to my understanding

Iluvbertie there is also another book that I forgot to mention, its call the Chalmers of Balnacraig an Cult an septs. an was based on the family genealogy that was put together by a man by the name of Patrick Henderson Chalmers, who was married to the daughter of the chief of the McDonnells of Glengarry, He was also the founder of the law firm C&PH Chalmers with his son Charles Hugh Lindsay Henderson Chalmers. these two gentleman are desendants of of James Chalmers jr an Lady Margaret Douglas William an Harry's 9th grandparents. Correct me if i'm wrong but what i understand through my family research is that it wasn't the earl Spencer who had the connection to the Stuarts it was his first wife Burke Roche, an by the way she was quite Scottish being that she was born in Aberdeen Scotland to my understanding

Just wanted to point out that, for those that are interested, there is an entire thread dedicated to the ancestry of Diana and the Spencer family that may contain more information.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f38/princess-dianas-ancestry-and-family-9308.html

so Iluv bertie, did you get my private message, about the question you asked about the bank robber.........I added alittle more stuff that I thought you might be interested in...........cheers from Canada

Yes I did thank you.

Great News ! After Months of Genealogy Research I have finally found Royal descent! I am descended from King William the Conqueror from both sides of My Maternal Grandmother. From her Mom Side I descend from Edward III but on her dad side the First English King I am descended from is King Henry III.

King William The Conqueror is my 28th Great Grandfather on My Grandma dad side.
King Edward III is my 25th Great Grandfather My Grandma mom side.

I descend from Edward III through his youngest Son. From this side I descend from Reade family and before that Several generations of Johnson's.

From William the Conqueror I am also descended from Henry I, Matilda, Henry II, John Henry III then to Henry III Daughter Isabelle. I descend form Sir Robert Wingfield and My Line to William the Conqueror on this side (My Grandma dad) is though the Elkins Family.

Last edited:
Great News ! After Months of Genealogy Research I have finally found Royal descent! I am descended from King William the Conqueror from both sides [...]

At the time of the Domesday Book (1086) the isles probably had a population of less than 2 million. (Much less than in Roman times). Almost thousand years furtherer we can say almost all natives on the British isles can trace their descent to William the Conqueror, with all possible zig-zag through the genealogical web.

:lol:

Well since everybody is mentioning there connection to royalty. Well I'm prince William an Harry. 5th cousin twice removed

At the time of the Domesday Book (1086) the isles probably had a population of less than 2 million. (Much less than in Roman times). Almost thousand years furtherer we can say almost all natives on the British isles can trace their descent to William the Conqueror, with all possible zig-zag through the genealogical web.

While this may be in fact a true statement, I think its got to be a wonderful feeling, after who knows how many hours of research and digging, to finally have it all fit together and know the lines and the precise ancestors.

It would be great to be able to go back that far. I can only go back about 100 years in any lines due to non-registration of children, people jumping ship and changing their names although not officially, babies being found by the side of the road with two dead people presumed to be the parents but no documents to confirm that. Past my great-grandparents I have no idea of any lines other than they all came from the UK. ALL records in the UK stop at that point for one reason or another e.g. my maternal grandmother was never registered and was an only child. Her mother's name on documents changes from year to year - for instance the name on the ship that brought them to Australia isn't the same name as the one her husband put on his enlistment papers in 1914 (and his age is way out on those documents as he said he was 34 when he was in fact 49 - so his documents with the AIF are completely wrong). The name that was used for my grandmother also changed.

I am so envious of those who can trace their ancestors back past the 1890s as there is no way I can.

My paternal grandmother was found lying beside a buggy with two dead adults. The assumption is that they were her parents but they had no identification. For all we know they may have kidnapped my grandmother. That was in 1890 and she was sent to an orphanage and given a name there which we know wasn't her correct name.

And so on and so on and so on.

That was a sad story, but I guess that wasn't so unusual when it comes to emigrants. As I can trace many of my ancestral lines back to the 17th century, I'm in a totally different situation.

Henry III King of England
BIRTH 10/01/1207
DEATH 11/16/1272
Is my 22nd great-grandfather as well. :)
There are actually many names in your tree that are in mine as well. I guess we are related. :)
My line starts in BC and I also have many royal ancestors, from many different countries. I am a 22nd cousin of the current queen. Have you figured anything out yet. I just assumed I am not entitled to a claim, but if I were that would be amazing. My daughter already is my lil princess. :) I am a woman so I figured probably no chance of being able to claim a title. :( However the journey is so much fun. It is so amazing to truly know your roots and to be able to pass it on from each generation to the next.

well aubri, I wouldn't say I have a lot of royals in my tree, but when it comes to aristrocrats there is one or two. my family is more of the Scottish connection to the royal family through lady Di mother, who was a decendant of King James the 4th by one of his mistresses like myself, an in my case there is a Robert the Bruce connection too

as well as William's wife Kate, is related to them, don't be fooled you think the queen would of given her blessing as tradition calls for, if she didn't have some type of royal connection, what I understand she is William's 16th cousin

That has been proven, but as a 16th cousin to the future British king, it does not give put her in the "royal connection" category; only her marriage to Prince Wiiliam gives her that status. FYI: A proven 15th cousin to William and Harry: Ellen Degeneres.

I too am related to the current Queen. She is my 12th cousin 1 time removed. I think it would be great to have a title but like you said we are to far removed. It's just cool to know that we have that connection to someone like her, Mary Queen of Scott, even King Henry VIII.

Since last year I have found a few more lines going back to Edward III. I descend from 4 of his Sons. One is on my Maternal Grandfather side.

One line of descent is form Henry VII through his daughter Mary.

Back
Top Bottom