Descendants of Royals of the British Isles

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ridgely, O'Dell, and Howard..

Hi,

Matthew Howard (1609-1659) is my 10th Great Grandfather, too. I understand there is some dispute as to who his father was. And, that person seems to be our link to the medieval Kings and Queens. Have you done any more research on your line to confirm this lineage?

Thanks,

Sean Mather

I did my research and it appears this is my direct blood line. I haven't gone any futher back yet.. Am I correct or are my resources wrong?

My 25th Great Grandfather: Geoffrey V Plantagenet who had a son,

my 24th Great Grandfather- Henry II King of England Plantagenet who had a son,
My 23rd Great Grandfather, John Lackland Plantagenet King of England, who had a son,

My 22nd Great Grandfather, Henry III Plantagenet King of England, who had a son,

My 21st Great Grandfather, Edmund Crouchback 1st Earl Lancaster Plantagenet, who had a son
My 20th Great Grandfather, Henry 3rd Earl of Lancaster PLANTAGENET, who had a daughter,

My 19th Great Grandmother, Lady Joan of Lancaster ,Baroness DeMowbray Princess of England Plantagenet, who had a son,

My 18th Great Grandfather, Lord John Thomas DeMowbray Lord Norfolk, who had a son,
My 17th Great Grandfather, Thomas DeMobray,Duke of Norfolk,1st Earl of Nottingham, who had a daugther,

My 16th Great Grandmother, Margaret de Mowbray, who had a son,

My 15th Great Grandfather, John Howard Duke of Norfolk, who had a son,
My 14th Great Grandfather, Thomas I Howard Earl of Surrey, who had a son,

My 13th Great Grandfather, Thomas Lord Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk, who had a son,

My 12th Great Grandfather, Sir Robert Howard of Syon House, who had a son,

My 11th Great Grandfather, Sir John Howard, who had a son,

My 10th Great Grandfather, Matthew Howard, who had a daughter,

My 9th Great Grandmother, Elizabeth Howard (Ridgely), who had a daughter,

My 8th Great Grandmother, Sarah Ridgely (O'Dell), who had a son,

My 7th Great Grandfather, Thomas O'Dell, who had a son,

My 6th Great Grandfather, James O'Dell, who had a son,

My 5th Great Grandfather, Thomas O'Dell, who had a son,

My 4th Great Grandfather, James O'Dell, who had a son,

My 3rd Great Grandfather, William O'Dell, who had a son,

My Great Great Grandfather, William Henry O'Dell, who had a son,

My Great Grandfather, William Baxter O'Dell, who had a son,
My Grandfather, David Chester O'Dell, who had a daughter,

My Mother, Marlene Sue O'Dell, who had ME!

Any feedback would be great!!

Thanks!

The Campbell Connection

I'm currently researching my family tree. Have found out that I'm a direct descendant of King James 1V - he's my 11th great grandfather!
The connection is via the Campbell line. Archibald Campbell is my 13th great grandfather, and I share this ancestry with Princess Diana, as she is also a direct descendant of them. Fascinating!

Matthew Howard

I did a quick search on Matthew Howard, and came across this https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/111900196/matthew-howard

Hi,

Matthew Howard (1609-1659) is my 10th Great Grandfather, too. I understand there is some dispute as to who his father was. And, that person seems to be our link to the medieval Kings and Queens. Have you done any more research on your line to confirm this lineage?

Thanks,

Sean Mather

At the time of the Domesday Book (1086) the isles probably had a population of less than 2 million. (Much less than in Roman times). Almost thousand years furtherer we can say almost all natives on the British isles can trace their descent to William the Conqueror, with all possible zig-zag through the genealogical web.

:lol:

I'm sure this is true. It's fun to piece it together if you can though. I've done mine on my Scottish father's side & found a direct line back to Robert the Bruce via his daughter Princess Marjorie. Down through Earls & Baronets via younger sons & daughters, it's easy to see how they can end up with farmers as descendants. :lol:

I was working on my tree this morning, and found out I descend from Robert I on my dad's side.

Back
Top Bottom