Worst Guest Outfit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't like Mabel's outfit at all. It looks as though she's dug out a pair of trousers and draped a length of chiffon round them because she didn't have time to find a proper dress. As for Laurentien's outfit: I like the colours but trousers on women are never appropriate for weddings, especially royal ones. I love Elena's pink dress but I'd say get rid of the bolero, or have a matching one.

As for Princess Diana's mother at her youngest daughter's wedding, the dress and its matching hat were very nice but I'd have either lengthened the gloves to elbow length or better still, got rid of them altogether.

Mabel at Victorias wedding,Martha Louise at Letizias wedding,plus many more!

Elena's dress was alright, but her bolero jacket wasn't. Now Mabel and Laurentien's fashion sense is terrible. They really need fashion advisers or something IMO. And I didn't liked Maria Theresa's of Luxembourg dress and tiara for the wedding.

I agree about Elena's dress and the bolero. I couldn't put the two together. I wanted to see the gown without it. It looks like it's a beautiful gown.

Mabel and Laurentien's fashion sense isn't terrible...it's horrible!:ROFLMAO: I thought the Princess Royal Anne needed help but she looks like a fashionista compared to these two! I consider Mabel and Laurentien reasonably attractive women and I keep hoping they will show up in something that will knock your socks off...and I keep getting disappointed.:lol: I still hold out hope for the both of them. I'm too scared to say they can't get any worse because they might!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Definitely agree with the Laurentien and Mabel being at the top of the list. But I think Eva Sannum "won" for being worst dressed when you couldn't afford any more negative publicity.

They all look awful. Some, only for a short time, others, like Anne and Beatrice, because they have no style.

It's a shame Mabel won't be attending the wedding in London, I'll miss not seeing her creation for this wedding.;):p

P. Elena`s bolero was certainly a piece of a national costume, very precious with its embroideries of and on valuable fabric and textile, and such a unique piece of wardrobe enlightens every dress, especially that rose-coulered one of pure silk and a plain but beautiful cut. No no, I don`t permit to criticize P. Elena´s taste.

Princess Mabel's ensemble at the Wedding of Crown Princess Victoria!

Now I can add Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie on to my list!

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Top 10: Worst Dressed Royal Wedding Guests

All of these outfits are horrendous.I thought Mabel at Victoria's wedding should have been number one. It looks like the designer hates her.Eva showed way too much skin for a royal wedding.Mette Marit looked like she lost her luggage.Minus the hat,I liked Beatrice's outfit but,not for a wedding.Maxima's hat was as big as The Netherlands itself.Anne,throw away that outfit already.Laurentien should never be invited to a wedding again with her crazy outfits.Elena was a pink disaster.Martha looks like she's promoting McDonald's intstead of the Spanish flag.

Last edited:
Thank ou for a link IloveCP. I agree with you. Mabel should have been number one. Princess Laurentien looks at her outfits like clown, not like royal family memeber.

Hands down, it's Mabel for me! ughh..............

Mrs Roberta Cavalli at the wedding of Prince Albert of Monaco. Her husband is a noted designer but her pant suit and large floppy hat were absolutely godawful fugly.
She should either divorce him for making the outfit for her or else start spending his money at Armani.

Cavalli's wife is apparently his muse and partner so she probably loved that get up. It is a tie between Mabel and Mrs Cavalli.

For me, it is a close tie between Princess Mabel's and Princess Laurentien's gowns (or whatever they are supposed to be).
Eva Sannum's gown wasn't bad as such, just entirely inappropirate for a wedding of the future King of Norway: it was too revealing, too trashy, too out of place.
Princess Maxima's ensemble wouldn't have been that bad if it weren't all the same colour. As for the hat, let's just say Philip Treacy would be proud of it.
I actually like Princess Beatrice's outfit. The dress itself is lovely, the jacket - very nice. As for the hat, I initially hated it, but it sort of works for me now.

Mrs Roberta Cavalli at the wedding of Prince Albert of Monaco. Her husband is a noted designer but her pant suit and large floppy hat were absolutely godawful fugly.
She should either divorce him for making the outfit for her or else start spending his money at Armani.
Coming back to Prince ALbert wedding I think that Ines de la Fressange deserves to be criticizied- she wore sandals, a straw hat and dress more suitable for picnic that for a wedding of reigning prince.

For me, it is a close tie between Princess Mabel's and Princess Laurentien's gowns (or whatever they are supposed to be).
Eva Sannum's gown wasn't bad as such, just entirely inappropirate for a wedding of the future King of Norway: it was too revealing, too trashy, too out of place.
Princess Maxima's ensemble wouldn't have been that bad if it weren't all the same colour. As for the hat, let's just say Philip Treacy would be proud of it.
I actually like Princess Beatrice's outfit. The dress itself is lovely, the jacket - very nice. As for the hat, I initially hated it, but it sort of works for me now.

Princess Mabel's confuses me. Laurentian needs a bra, badly, otherwise it is fine. Eva's gown is lovely, what is your problem with it? Maxima's hat is atrocious, but at so many weddings there are these monstrosities. Princess Beatrice looks like a cereal box threw her up. She has no taste and it shows, at almost every event she attends.

Eva's gown is lovely, what is your problem with it?
I wouldn't have minded Eva's gown for most occasions, but she wore it for the wedding of Crown Prince Haakon and Mette-Marit.
Too much cleavage is bad enough, but the back view is arguably even worse.

Not a dress to wear for a royal wedding. Especially if you are hoping that next one will be yours.

There is, really, nothing special about a "royal wedding". Just people getting married and guests in all sorts of clothing. The myth of "royalty" is gone, they are just people.

There is, really, nothing special about a "royal wedding". Just people getting married and guests in all sorts of clothing. The myth of "royalty" is gone, they are just people.

OK, to bring it down to the commoner level, if you were going to a boyfriends family wedding and meeting many members of his conservative family for the first time would you think wearing a gown that put the goods on such prominent display the best tactic if you were hoping to get him to marry you and hoping to have his family accept you? Probably not if you had any sense of style and occassion. You might also have taken into consideration that this wedding of "just people" was going to be televised and heavily photographed.

Last edited:
There are several for me, but the two that come immediately to mind are that horrifying and inexplicable red and yellow outfit worn by Princess Martha Louise at the wedding of Felipe and Letizia.:eek:

And then there was that skimpy little blue cocktail dress that Marie-Christine of Austria wore to her cousin Guillaume's wedding in a Cathedral over the weekend...what on Earth was she thinking?? :bang:

I just can't wrap my mind about Mabel's outfit and what makes it more laughable is the tiara topping that incongruous hodgepodge of styles. Sorry, no way could a tiara improve on that mess.

Last edited:
And then there was that skimpy little blue cocktail dress that Marie-Christine of Austria wore to her cousin Guillaume's wedding in a Cathedral over the weekend...what on Earth was she thinking?? :bang:

Marie-Christine of Austria

Mabel's is still no. 1 for me, but this one is indeed pretty bad; in itself maybe not such a bad dress, but it seems a bit too small (even smaller than intended) and definitely completely out of place at a church wedding :)

That said, i think Princess Carolines outfit at the Luxembourg churchwedding was pretty bad too...made her look so old...

on the right..

Last edited:
Marie Christine's dress was totally inappropriate for most weddings, especially one in a Cathedral. Mabel's outfit at Victoria's wedding was just down right ugly.

There are several for me, but the two that come immediately to mind are that horrifying and inexplicable red and yellow outfit worn by Princess Martha Louise at the wedding of Felipe and Letizia.:eek:

Hello, Moonmaiden23. I noticed that "little blue cocktail dress on Marie-Christine. It looked awful. I really thought she was trying to get attention. Just my impression.
I now have four on my list of worst dressed: No. 1 is definitely Mabel's pants/curtain outfit; No. 2 poor Laurentian in need of a bra; No. 3 is Marthe-Louise at Letizia's wedding and now No. 4 is Marie-Christine on Saturday. That cocktail dress didn't look comfortable at all and wouldn't she be a little chilly as well?

OK, to bring it down to the commoner level, if you were going to a boyfriends family wedding and meeting many members of his conservative family for the first time would you think wearing a gown that put the goods on such prominent display the best tactic if you were hoping to get him to marry you and hoping to have his family accept you? Probably not if you had any sense of style and occassion. You might also have taken into consideration that this wedding of "just people" was going to be televised and heavily photographed.

I agree - I am not a member of the upper class, I come from a family of Italian immigrants, but at a wedding I believe it is respectful to be properly dressed, if only not to steal any attention away from the bride and groom, the 2 most important people at a wedding!!! Dress appropriately no matter what "type" of wedding it is.

I wouldn't have minded Eva's gown for most occasions, but she wore it for the wedding of Crown Prince Haakon and Mette-Marit.
Too much cleavage is bad enough, but the back view is arguably even worse.

Not a dress to wear for a royal wedding. Especially if you are hoping that next one will be yours.

In the words of one of my pre-K students, 'Holy Toledo, Ohio :eek:!' That is one awful and trashy dress. Why anyone would wear it to a wedding, never mind a royal one is beyond me.

In complete agreement. Weddings shouldn't bee seen as chances to flaunt what you have, but joyous occasions to celebrate the bride and groom, as well as their love for one another. By coming to that type of celebration in a revealing dress is downright disrespectful.

The shoes are the main problem here IMO. So definitely top 10. :)

Yes, the otfits themselves are not that bad...if it had been a folk-music-festival or something...but not at a traditional church wedding..

Back
Top Bottom