Which is Better -Smoking Suits, Suits or Uniforms?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady Felicity M

Nobility
City
Brisbane
Country
Australia
Which 1 do you all think is better Suits/Smoking suits or the Uniforms that the royals wear at weddings?. I really can't make up my mind...

It depends. It seems like a lot of royals wear military style uniforms or at least the weddings that I remember seeing on TV. I prefer suits actually.

For a royal wedding I like the gentlemen to wear a morning coat / cutaway tailcoat and striped trousers.
Here in the States some men I know refer to the morning coat as a frock coat.

I don't like uniforms at wedding.... For my cultural view of the ceremony that's odd....

I just re watched William and Kate's wedding yesterday. William and Harry wearing uniforms was a must especially since they were serving officers. However, if they are just attending a wedding and it isn't military wedding of one of their colleagues than they are going to wear the morning suit which is fine and traditional wedding attire for guys in the UK. In states, people wear just a regular suit and maybe a tux if it's a fancy evening wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

When the Prince of Orange married Ms Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti, he was active in the military and proudly wore his Grand Tenue 1 of the Royal Netherlands Navy with the rank of a Captain-at-Sea, see picture. Because the groom was in military uniform, other guests could opt for a military uniform as well, if wanted.

His brother Prince Constantijn never served in the military. The wedding was a day event, so he had no any option than to wear jacquet, see picture. Because the groom was not in military uniform, all other guests came in civil too.

The same counts for his brother Prince Friso, whom also never served in the military. The wedding was a day event, so he had no any option than to wear jacquet, see picture. Because the groom was not in military uniform, all other guests came in civil too.

It is often not a "choice" but dictated by the time and/or circumstances.

:flowers:

I think the uniforms look best.

Duc et Pair, You brought up an excellent observation.
There may not be a choice.

Provided the uniform or morning suit/tuxedo are well fitted, I think they both look good - it often depends on who is wearing it too!

Back
Top Bottom