What Do Royal Brides Give Up For Marriage?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Japanese princesses by birth, if they marry a non royal lose their title of HIH Princess and membership to the imperial house.

For instance the former HIH Proncess Sayako after her wedding is now Mrs. Kuroda. And no longer a member of the imperial household.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

They all leave their jobs before marriage. I have seen may royal brides who give up their jobs when the got married.

Marie-Antoinette had to give up everything before she was allowed to enter France. She had remove her clothes, her jewellery, leave her dog behind. Basically anything Austrian was taken from her and exchanged for something French.
Adding to this she had to have corrective dental surgery done which in those days was done without any anesthesia.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

That sounds terrible! I didn't know about the teeths:ohmy: Why?

And it's even more depressing since the wedding was an agreement and not for love:sad:

Most women marrying into a royal family also lose control or even custody of their children. Joachim and Alexandra seemed to have done well, as have Andrew and Sarah, however if it comes down to the direct heirs, while custody may be shared the children would never be allowed to reside outside the country of birthright.

That sounds terrible! I didn't know about the teeths:ohmy: Why?

And it's even more depressing since the wedding was an agreement and not for love:sad:

According to (the not always correct) Wikipedia it was because the French thought Marie-Antoinette had crooked teeth.

Royal brides they give up a lot but gain a lot, they live a luxurious life with not count clothing and jewelery but servants they never cook iron or clean the house, etc...etc.........but not all,of us as brides give something too, we all get married in different families with deferents education and cultur, ,! I think they have more to gain than to loose

A lot of what they give up depends on the status of their husband. If the husband is heir to the throne, then they give up more than if their husband is one of many children or is not an heir to a throne. Most of the royal brides would have to give up their job or careers which for some, this would be asking a lot. But then again, not having to ever have to do housework or cleaning or mundane chores again and having nice clothing, jewelry and being able to travel all over the world would be worth it.

A lot of what they give up depends on the status of their husband. If the husband is heir to the throne, then they give up more than if their husband is one of many children or is not an heir to a throne. Most of the royal brides would have to give up their job or careers which for some, this would be asking a lot. But then again, not having to ever have to do housework or cleaning or mundane chores again and having nice clothing, jewelry and being able to travel all over the world would be worth it.

In my opinion, apart from the travelling over the world, it depends on whether having access to nice clothing and jewelry and the sorts is the highest goal one can have in life.
It would not be mine and I would not want to be married to royalty, I am quite fond of my anonimity.

Marie-Antoinette had to give up everything before she was allowed to enter France. She had remove her clothes, her jewellery, leave her dog behind. Basically anything Austrian was taken from her and exchanged for something French.
Adding to this she had to have corrective dental surgery done which in those days was done without any anesthesia.

Yes, I remember reading that about her teeth. She had a very prominent overbite, and it was decided that it must be corrected to make her more acceptable to the French.

She and Louis XVI did not have a romantic, passionate love for one another. But they did grow to love one another deeply and they remained united and devoted during their ordeal in imprisonment.

Back
Top Bottom