Strapless Wedding Gowns

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We can only hope so, but not quite yet: my niece is getting married in 2013 and has already bought her dress. When we went to the shop to see it, I did an "informal" survey and of the hundred or so dresses there, all but TWO were strapless...

I hope she still likes the dress in 2 years...

Sophie had sleeves on her arms at her wedding.
Btw Kim Kardashian got married in a strapless this past weekend.

:eek:
I think that Sophie Winkleman, wife of Frederick Windsor, had a strapless dress.
Sarah Qabbani, wife of Prince Faisal of Jordan, certainly did.
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6326/faisalofjordansarahqabb.jpg

For me, it's lack of taste, even if those women are good looking.

Agree!!!!

You can wear strapless dress at ALL your life, but in your wedding, especially if you have a religious ceremony, you have to be covered!

It exists very intelligent designs with sleeves, which you can get out after the ceremony, and stay strapless for the party.

But being half naked in from of a priest, or imam, or rabbi its low taste and lack of respect!:eek:

Sophie had sleeves on her arms at her wedding.
Btw Kim Kardashian got married in a strapless this past weekend.

I have to say that KK was one of the loveliest brides this year. I don't follow them and generally don't like strapless, but her strapless gown was so well fitted, it looked absolutely lovely.

KittyAtlanta I thought KK looked very beautiful, but I felt her dress was too tight around the bustline area, and I haven't had a chance to see the rest of the gown in full effect. I read that the train was huge.

I did love the way she placed that diamond circlet across her forehead....exquisite!
And her hairstyle was just the ultimate in beautiful as well.

Whatever KK is, she IMO is one of the most beautiful women out there. I liked the circlet, too. That style suits her exotic looks.

Oh, I completely agree. I don't admire her or understand her success, but she is a stunning and exotic beauty.

It's hard for Kim to not look beautiful, but I agree that at her wedding she looked stunning. I also haven't been able to see the whole dress but I think there might have been a full skirt. Her sister Khloe also got married in a strapless, both by Vera Wang.

I disagree that strapless gowns look badly on a particular weight woman. Some larger women wear them well (it's so much in the fit) and there are lots of thin women who definitely shouldn't show their bones to people (especially people who still remember what real starvation is like). It's a matter of one's own body and how a strapless fits.

Personally, I think that what holds up a strapless (at least in the viewer's mind) is a curvy figure - a waist that's narrow and then a wider top that seems to hug the figure. Those strapless gowns (which I don't see royals wearing much or at all) that stick out a half an inch or more from the person's bosom due to boning...look gross.

Please post more pictures of KK's dress if possible.

Okay, I found enough pictures.

I disagree with the ny.racked articles on strapless gowns and find the arguments in favor of them pathetic. (Sleeves make someone feel less feminine? Huh?)

KK looks like a naked slave girl on the way to the harem in the pictures I've seen - it's amazing how a portrait view of a strapless gown can give the impression of nudity. Has to be intentional.

I haven't found any other pictures of Kim's dress. Can someone please post a few which are just not of her face?

Okay, I found enough pictures.

I disagree with the ny.racked articles on strapless gowns and find the arguments in favor of them pathetic. (Sleeves make someone feel less feminine? Huh?)

KK looks like a naked slave girl on the way to the harem in the pictures I've seen - it's amazing how a portrait view of a strapless gown can give the impression of nudity. Has to be intentional.

I am LMAO at your description of KK as a bride...too funny! :lol:

When I first saw a shot of her on her wedding day, I didn't see any dress in the portrait view (I'm guessing it sat rather low, even for a strapless gown). Your description is pretty accurate (and funny :ROFLMAO:).

From what I can tell Kim's wedding dress was standard and has been seen many times before. Strapless top and cupcake/cloud bottom. But her face and hair was immaculate.

Kim looked beautiful but,I don't think it was original.When the DailyMail was reporting on the wedding,it even said that it was unoriginal and a wedding dress with sleeves could have been more original.

Maybe it is just me but I do not think that Kim made an outstanding bride at all. I agree her face is very beautiful and she does have a classic look. However her strapless gown reminded me too much of a Miss USA pageant evening gown. She also could have done a bit more with her hair which just hung over her chest. I also felt the heavily pregnant bridesmaid dressed in the tight fitting violet satin dress looked awefully uncomfortable. Sort of spoilt the wedding party look. Never seen such a pregnant bridesmaid before. Seems that the old fashioned approach of glamorous wedding attendants has "gone out of the window".

Last edited:
Daisie you are referring to Khloe Kardashian's wedding a few years ago. She wore her hair down and had bridesmaids in purple and one of them was pregnant.
Kim got married with her hair up and her bridesmaids wore white.

From what I can tell Kim's wedding dress was standard and has been seen many times before. Strapless top and cupcake/cloud bottom. But her face and hair was immaculate.

XC, that is actually a perfect description of the dress.

I got my hopes raised when I saw how beautiful she looked from the neck up, but that wedding gown was a dime a dozen....very disappointing, imo.:sad:

strapless wedding dresses

I agree with you! I think strapless dresses are boring and sooooo over done. Designers only make them because they are the simpliest neckline. Also, only a few brides actually look nice in them.

UOTE=IloveCP;1251582]I know everyone has their own opinions on wedding dresses but,Im wondering what the embers think about strapless.I personally dont like them;it overdone and unoriginal.I rarely see a strapless dress that is original.Im glad its the norm for royals to not wear that.

Anyone else what to chime in?:)[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom