Should They Use Their National Designers?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

USCtrojan

Royal Highness
City
Phoenix
Country
United States
I doubt that the current future Princess of Astrius has to stick to spanish designers. That would be ludicis (sp)! That would be like telling Maxima and Laurentien that they had to stick to Dutch designers, and neither chose dutch designers. My guess is Valentino or Versache.

Chanel

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be interesting to see who wears what and from which country.

princess alexandra also wears designer's clothes from hong kong.

I don't know if Letizia will be "required" to have a Spanish designer do her wedding gown -although a lovely touch and gesture if she did. But Maxima and Marie-Chantal both wore wedding gowns designed by Valentino. In Marie-Chantal's case it might not have mattered as much since Greece doesn't recognize it's monarchy and the couple were married in London. But in Maxima's case it didn't seem to be a big deal (none from stories I read at the time) that she chose Valentino instead of a Dutch designer.

Most royal brides choose a designer from their own country or the one they're marrying into right?

Norwegian designers did Martha Louise and Mette-Marit's dresses; a Spanish designer did Infanta Cristina's gown, not sure about Infanta Elena; British designers did Sophie and Diana's gowns.

Does anyone know about Laurentien, Annette and Marilene of the Netherlands?

A spanish designer has also designed Infanta Elena's wedding dress ;)

Thanks for the clarification Xicamaluca! I didn't think Elena would "stray" and have a designer from another country design her wedding gown! Espescially not since hers and Jaime's was the first royal wedding in Spain in 100 years.

Originally posted by Alexandria@Nov 8th, 2003 - 7:20 pm
Does anyone know about Laurentien, Annette and Marilene of the Netherlands?
Lauretien had the same designer as Mathilde of Belgium, Edouard Vermeulen (he's belgian i think ;) ), Annette wedding dress was designed by Frans Molenaar and the one from Marilene i don't know :(

Btw, Cristina wonderfull wedding dress was by Lorenzo Caprile and the wedding dress of Elena was by Petro Valverde :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom