Royal Wedding Speeches

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
auntie said:
Does anyone know links to the speeches of Haakon, Freddy, WAlexander, and Felipe?
You just have to read the first page of this thread to find them...

Elsa M. said:
You just have to read the first page of this thread to find them...

It is a link to read the speech, I want to see it, the brides crying and all!

Does anyone know where i can find King Carl Gustaf's speech to Silvia?

Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra wedding's speech

Hello,

where can I find Queen Margrethe's speech for Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra wedding?

thanks,

jellybeans said:
Hello,

where can I find Queen Margrethe's speech for Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra wedding?

thanks,
just curious--why'd you want to see it? That marriage, sadly, has been over and done with for two years now.
OTOH, Diana's been gone for a decade and I'm still interested in anything concerning her, as I was an admirer.

Thank you!

However, do you know where I can find the speech in English?

thanks,

Does anyone have the english translation of Haakon's speech?

I like specially these sentences of Felipe weding´s speech .

I think that Felipe is very compromised with his country and, that he has a fort felt of the instututional responsibility.

Especially I have liked, that he give thanks to Letizia for the commitment that she has acquired marrying with him.

"Our union will last forever, and we offer it to our families and above all to our destiny, intimately linked to the future of Spaniards."

"Today Letizia and I made a commitment that transcends the merely personal. Ever since childhood I have been conscious of my responsibilities, and loyalty to the King and my sense of duty have guided my life. So I take pride that from this day on, and with conviction and responsibility, Letizia joins me in this project. And I want everybody to know how grateful I am to Letizia for her determination and her wholehearted commitment to all that this project entails."

"Your Majesty: Never doubt that we will always think of Spain and that all our lives will be dedicated to the welfare of Spaniards."

"Above all, it would have been impossible without their Majesties. As a son I have had much to thank them for throughout my life. Today, on my wedding day, I want to publicly acknowledge and express my deepest appreciation for their unceasing affection and support. It is not possible to understand my happiness without theirs."

Does the British Royal Family have the practice of making speeches during weddings as well?

At receptions after weddings in the UK, the tradition is for the father of the bride, the groom, and the best man to make speeches, and I expect the royal family are no different from the rest of us. However, the reception is a private event, so the texts of the speeches aren't made public.

Elspeth said:
At receptions after weddings in the UK, the tradition is for the father of the bride, the groom, and the best man to make speeches, and I expect the royal family are no different from the rest of us. However, the reception is a private event, so the texts of the speeches aren't made public.

Thanks Elspeth! so i suppose BRF wedding speeches won't be made public then.

Wow, how moving are the speeches of the Norwegian Royal family, I'm impressed.
I adore this family.

I'm just rereading the Felipe's speech.

In fact it's really a magnific speech because it's first a public declaration of love for Letizia absolutly mouving and tender.

But then it's also a declaration of love for Spain and spagniards.

If you read with attention this speech you can understand all the behaviour of the Princes for the present and the futur, it's quiet a speech of general politic at the opening of Parliement.

When you read this speech you understand how for Felipe of Spain his wedding is question of State but also how for him his private life is very important too. It's obvious that he is reaching the difficil balance between his obligations as a Crown Prince and the necessity to have his own private life which is his personal patrimony.

The lecture of this speech is giving all the keys to understand how the Prince of Asturias want to offer his personnal life, i.e. his family life, to Spain.

The message is absolutly clear " I give my life to Spain but Spain allow me a private familly life."

I agree with you Adelaide.
Absolutly fantastic Speech!, See this sentences of Felipe´s Speech

"Your Majesty: Never doubt that we will always think of Spain and that all our lives will be dedicated to the welfare of Spaniards."

"Our union will last forever, and we offer it to our families and above all to our destiny, intimately linked to the future of Spaniards."

Oh God, I´m so proud of him:flowers:

Paty said:
I agree with you Adelaide.
Absolutly fantastic Speech!, See this sentences of Felipe´s Speech

Oh God, I´m so proud of him:flowers:

Since I'm reading this threads about the Princes of Asturias I'm deeply convinced that you are right and that our Crown Prince will be a good King with the help of Letizia.

I have the feeling that since the last four years felipe of Spain is becoming a very acurate man who want to fight for thr futur of Spain. It's very, very Intresting.

I agree. I loved Prince Felipe's speech. A perfect balance of the personal and acknowledging their future role. I love this couple.

Does anybody has Willem-Alexander's speech at his wedding with Máxima?

Princess Maxima said:
Does anybody has Willem-Alexander's speech at his wedding with Máxima?

No, that was never released by the court as it was considered private.

there were some nice engagements speeches of Willem-Alexander

Does anyone have the English text of the speech King Harald made at Haakon and Mette-Marit's wedding?

Would it be possible for you to post a direct link to the speech or direct me to which category it's under? I checked the royal site already and didn't see it anywhere?

Thanks for the help, but I still don't see it. Here's the press release page that I see when I go to the English version of the site, but it only goes as far back as Martha Louise's wedding. The Norwegian version of the royal family's website has more information than the English version does. Through random clicking, I found the archives at the Norwegian version of the site (and Harald's speech in Norwegian, but I can't read the language which is why I was hoping someone would post the English text of the speech.

Thanks for all of the help.

Back
Top Bottom