Royal Wedding Music

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Frederick Louis, Prince of Wales married Augusta of Saxe-Coburg on April 27, 1736. Handel provided the anthem Sing unto God for the service.

Favorite entrance music:
Kate Middleton (now Princess of Wales)
Princess Madeleine of Sweden

Favorite Recessional:
HGD Guillaume and HGD Stephanie of Luxembourg

Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli sang Ave Maria at Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank's wedding on October 12, 2018.

Favorite entrance music:
Kate Middleton (now Princess of Wales)
Princess Madeleine of Sweden

Favorite Recessional:
HGD Guillaume and HGD Stephanie of Luxembourg

The music at the wedding of Guillaume and Stéphanie was picked with excellent taste, while still many pieces were used that we seldom hear. The entry music was the organ piece Grand Chœur Dialogué by Eugène Gigout and when leaving the church they played an organ piece by Alexandre Guilmant. But also the more religious songs/hymns were lovely, especially the Cantico dell'Agnello by Marco Frisina, which I never heard before.

Philippe and Mathilde mostly used pieces by Bach. Her entry started akwardly as the organ just played slow and sad tones & Mathilde had trouble moving forward due to the weight of the dress/veil but halfway the church they set in Bach's Magnificat, which is such a wonderful piece of music, as if the gates of heaven itself had opened and Mathilde started to smile broadly. I remember that later on they included a favourite Bach piece of Baudouin and Fabiola, from the Mattheus Passion. The camera zoomed in on Queen Fabiola in contemplation, her feathered hat appearing almost like a halo. The choir was the excellent Collegium Vocale of Ghent with the great Philippe Herweghe as their director, the absolute top for works of Bach.

These two weddings were most to my liking in terms of music. You could sense that both couples appreciate classical music.

Last edited:
I loved Gui and Stephanie's wedding music( with the exception of the Processional).
It was elegant, very Catholic and very very "Royal".

Along with William and Kate it is my favourite Royal Wedding music.;)

I will try to find Mathilde's wedding Entrance online...I have never seen it.

I revised my favorite royal bridal entrance music in no specific order:

Queen Maxima

Crown Princess Victoria

Catherine, Princess of Wales

Princess Madeleine

Crown Princess Mary

Queen Silvia

Queen Letizia

HGD Stephanie

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex

Princess Claire of Luxembourg

Princess Sofia of Sweden

I was Glad by Sir Charles Hubert Hastings Parry for the Procession of the Bride at Prince William and Catherine Middleton's wedding was serene, graceful, and beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom