Royal Wedding Dresses on Display

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"fleur de lysee"

Beautiful dresses have been worn by the woman of the SRF, the golden "fleur de lysee" (the lirium, symbol of the Borbon House;) ) detail sewn in the sleeves and train is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Crisinaki, Would it be possible to obtain a picture of this gorgeous Gown? Or have I missed it somewhere?
I would love to see it...... Regards,

Angelique :angel:

I've never noticed this thread before!
I loved seeing the older dresses from the 1800's. I know Victoria started the trend of wearing "virgin" white down the aisle, but does anyone know who started the royal tradition of wearing a tiara?
I agree, Mary's dress looks better on display than it did on her. I think she wore a tulle "petticoat" underneath that was way too poofy.

Are there any close-ups of veils? Mathilde, Maxima, & Christina's to be exact.

Hi Sassy,
Like you, I love the older dresses of the 1800's too..... most of them are really Gorgeous and Sumptuous. The Ladies' court dresses of that time were really beautiful.....not to mention the Royal Gowns :wub:
I have some pictures of Court Dresses of the Victorian era somewhere and will post them here when I find them.:flowers:

A:angel:

Great pictures of Princess Maxima's gown. I'd love to see the royal wedding gowns in real life!

From Livrustkammaren, Stockholm. Wedding dresses worn by Swedish queens Hedvig Elisabeth Charlotta, Silvia, Lovisa, Sofia Magdalena (and Gustav III) Josefina (and Oscar I) and Fredrika
Bröllop för kung och fosterland(Bas)
http://lrk.lsh.se/livrustkammaren/Redaktionellt/Global/Bilder/Basbilder/Bröllop/Alla_drakter.jpg
http://lrk.lsh.se/livrustkammaren/Redaktionellt/Global/Bilder/Basbilder/Bröllop/Brollopsdrakter.jpg
http://webnews.textalk.com/strandaren/brollop-for-kung-och-fosterland (scroll down to watch pictures)

Last edited:
Last edited:
i wonder if crown princess victorias dress will be on display in the near future

I hope Victorias will be on display too.Its one of my favorites of all time.

Queen Victoria's wedding dress was one of the most unattractive wedding dresses I have seen.
Victoria of Sweeden's was nice though and she looked so beautiful and happy.

Lovely

Wow, I had never seen photos of Queen Juliana's or Queen Ingrid's wedding gowns before, but I absolutely love them!

Queen Beatrix's dress was nice as well and I thought very appropriate for how her personality seems to be. I hadn'
t understood before now what ppl meant when they said that CP Maxima's gown was SO much like Queen Beatrix's that it made one wonder if it was really Maxima's own taste.
(former CP) Alexandra's wedding gown was lovely...except for that fact that the skirt had way too much pouf for her body frame. This dress would have faired much better with less pouf and more streamlined A-line style. She looked as though she was going to sink down any minute into the skirt! But I will say that I thought the train was a very good length for her.;)

Use of the Wedding Dresses Afterwards

What happens to the wedding dresses after the wedding? Does anyone know this?

It usually goes on display for public viewing.

Currently, Princess Grace's dresses are being shown all over the world.
I'm not sure whether they still are in Brazil.....

Did Crown Princess Victoria's dress go on display? If so, does anyone have any pictures?

Are there any pictures of Queen Margrethe and Princess Marie's wedding dresses on display?

Vctoria's dress has not been on display.

:previous: Thanks. I hope they have plans to display it in the near future. Although the dress does not appear to be well favored it suited her perfectly, IMO.

Also,Marie's is not on display.I don't know about Margrethe.

Last edited:
I am sure I have seen pictures of Alexandra's wedding dress on display, so hopefully Marie's gown will have its moment! But I would assume the Queen's has been on display before...would love to see pictures!

One of the Infanta's of Spain had a really unattractive wedding dress. I can't remember her name, possibly Elena. She had some 1980s shoulders on the gown and it was kind of hard to look at. And the veil was a veil disaster, could barely see the bride underneath it. The veil reminded me of something that could be brought at a cheap prom dress store.

Last edited:
I must admit that I don't know which spanish infanta wore the dress but I do know the one you mean and it was an unattractive wedding dress!

Yes, it was definitely Elena. Its funny how all of us knew exactly which Infanta was the one in "the bad dress". I have to go back and look at when the wedding took place, but the dress looks very 1980s and early 1990s. I don't know why, but I would expect something more from a Spanish Princess. I actually like Christina's wedding gown despite the fact that it is "slightly" simple; I just think it was a very beautiful looking gown. I wonder if Elena is still happy with her dress?

:previous: Neither did I, but it is a lovely fan. Did she carry/use it at all on the day?

I have no idea.I hope to see pictures of it.

I'd also like to see Mary with her fan as well as learn more about it. I wonder if the lace of the fan was made by the same woman who made the lace for the handkerchief.

I wish to be before royal wedding dresses on display and to admire their beauty:)

The wedding dress of Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece from 1995 is displayed at the ‘Valentino: Master of Couture’ exhibition at Somerset House on November 28, 2012 in London, United Kingdom. Celebrating the life and work of the Italian master couturier, the show features over 130 hand crafted designs worn by Hollywood icons and Royalty.

Pic Pic2

Back
Top Bottom