Royal Wedding Crowds

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maura724

Courtier
City
St. Louis
Country
United States
I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there who's actually been a part of the huge crowds on the streets for any of the royal weddings, either as a tourist or as a local? What was the experience like? Would you do it again? What was the city like in the days directly before and after the wedding - was it hard for people, especially tourists, to get around, or was it no different than any other day? What about seeing other sites in the city - was stuff closed, or just incredibly packed with tourists?

The reason I ask is that I have a friend studying in England next semester, and I'm considering going to London to visit her the week of William and Kate's wedding. I think it might be fun to be a part of the crowds, plus it would be cool just to be able to say I was there, but I'm wondering if it's not nearly as much fun as it looks. Plus I would of course be wanting to see other stuff in London the week I am there, and I don't want to discover everything's closed or that I have to wait in line 3 hours to get into the British Museum, nor do I want to have to walk everywhere b/c the public transportation system is running on some bizarre schedule.

I have been to London before, so I don't have to see EVERYTHING, and I understand the city will be more crowded that week and I don't mind that to a point, but I'm mostly curious whether people who have been in cities during royal weddings think it will be absolutely insane.

Back
Top Bottom