Royal Wedding Bouquets

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Letizia Ortiz

Attachments

• novia_ramo.jpg
    novia_ramo.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 534
cute_girl said:
Princess Noor of jordan

PN Wedding Bouquet is absolutely beautiful. Then again I'm partial to White roses and other such flows he he:)

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Crown Princess Sarah of Brunei carried her bouquet a few times during the wedding festivities.
Looks like it was made of gold and im sure there were a couple of diamonds in there as well.

Absolutely magnificent. If I'm correct the Gold and diamond bouquet are a Bruneian custom, in terms if wishing the new Bride and or Couple long life anf prosperity.:) either way I love it, magnificent.:)

I must say that in addition to the Beautiful Bouquets that I've seen, the wedding dresses and suits are really stunning. Thumbs up for the beautiful designs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Archduchess Catharina of Habsburgh:

Countess Katharina von Hardenberg:

Duchess Isabel de Bragança:

Victoria de Borbon Dos Sicilias:

Last edited:
This isn't an actual bridal bouquet, but when I saw, I thought that it would make a beautiful wedding bouquet. It is from an appearance Mary of Denmark made when she christened a new rose.

I thought the huge, rounded bouquet of pink roses Mary was presented with were stunning.

They would be absolutely stunning carried in front of a white or cream-coloured gown!

Yes,I agree.I don´t understand why royal brides usually have white bouquets,a little bit colour looks wonderful and Mary´s bouquet here looks wonderful, just what I would want for my wedding...:)

Funny how Turkey is a Muslim country which bans hijab's from public buildings, etc... but the Prime Minister's daughter and daughter-in-law both wear very conservative head-coverings for their weddings...

Maria Teresa of Luxemburg had to have one of the smallest bouquets.

I liked Mette-Merit's "bouquet" -- it was something out of the ordinary.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Crown Princess Sarah of Brunei carried her bouquet a few times during the wedding festivities.
Looks like it was made of gold and im sure there were a couple of diamonds in there as well.

Only a couple?!?!?! :D I love this bouquet, it's unique and definitely not your garden variety type bouquet. Pardon the pun. I had an all crystal bouquet myself for my wedding. I'd post it but I don't know how :(

I'm sorry, but I just did not like Mette-Marit's bouquet...it was very unique, but just not my taste..but then again to each her own..

Mary of Denmark's was so elegant.

Bouquet of Anita van Eijk from Civil wedding to Prince Pieter-Christiaan (originally posted by misshelen - photo from ANP)

Anita's bouquet from religious ceremony (originally posted by misshelen from: www.koninklijkhuis.nl)

Bouquet of Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg from religious ceremony to Prince Manuel von Bayern (originally posted by Cathérine_Bergeyck from Cover). Aww, I just love these photos. :)

Alexandria said:
This isn't an actual bridal bouquet, but when I saw, I thought that it would make a beautiful wedding bouquet. It is from an appearance Mary of Denmark made when she christened a new rose.

I thought the huge, rounded bouquet of pink roses Mary was presented with were stunning.

They would be absolutely stunning carried in front of a white or cream-coloured gown!

I agree that the bouquet would be beautiful for a wedding (but anything in pink obviously would ;)). It would match in wonderfully with some maybe paler pink bridesmaids' gowns too! I mean, not that they would be carrying it, but for the photos it would all match in. Pink tulips would look great as well.

Danielle said:
I agree that the bouquet would be beautiful for a wedding (but anything in pink obviously would ;)). It would match in wonderfully with some maybe paler pink bridesmaids' gowns too! I mean, not that they would be carrying it, but for the photos it would all match in. Pink tulips would look great as well.

That bouquet is absolutely beautiful!:)

Danielle said:

I see I've found a fellow kindred pink lover in you Danielle! :p A smaller bouquet of pink tulips would be lovely, too. I thought this particular bouquet of Mary's was so beautiful because it was pink first of all(!) but also because it was so big and lush.

I think even bridesmaids wearing the exact same colour as the roses would be nice, and they could carry a bouquet of white or cream roses if the bride carried pink roses such as these.

Marie Chantals bouquet was a real masterpiece of floral work. This kind of bouquet is called gamelie. If you look closely you can see it looks like one big rose, but it es made of hundrets of petals. These singel petals were beted on wire. It takes a lot of time to make it and it works only a few hours before the petals begin to wilt.
It is a dream of mine to be able to do sometihing like this.
It is on eof the things which do look very sinple and plain but are extremly complex.
Mette Marits and Märtha Louises bouquetes were also high leveled floral pieces which were a very good example for the coordinating between floral work and the designer of the gown.
On the other hand, the bouquet of Mathilde was really to big for her and for the gown. There was no balance between them. This is something of the first things you have to learn when you want to work as a florist. Look at the balance. there are things which don't go. If you have a bride 1,56m tiny you can't go with a bouquet like Diana had. It is to big for her, it has to be smaler. And if you have a bride with a gown like Diana you can't got with a bouquet which is made of 3 little roses.
So sometimes I look at these royal brides and think was there nobody who was able to combine these two things in a balanced way?

I was and I still am enamored of and fascinated by Mette-Marit's floral piece that she carried at her wedding. Unusual, weird and gorgeous and there weren't nearly enough close-up pictures for me. You either love or you hate it and I loved it:rolleyes:

bluebess said:
I was and I still am enamored of and fascinated by Mette-Marit's floral piece that she carried at her wedding. Unusual, weird and gorgeous and there weren't nearly enough close-up pictures for me. You either love or you hate it and I loved it:rolleyes:

I also think it is gorgeous. I really love the colour.

We now have another wedding bouquet to add to the list. Laura Parker-Bowles. Photos originally posted by Elsa. M and are from UKPress. Does anyone know what the flowers are? I've forgotten their name.

Danielle said:
We now have another wedding bouquet to add to the list. Laura Parker-Bowles. Photos originally posted by Elsa. M and are from UKPress. Does anyone know what the flowers are? I've forgotten their name.

Thanks for the pictures Danielle & Elsa:)

The flowers are Lilies of the Valley.

Last edited:
pdas1201 said:
Thanks for the pictures Danielle & Elsa:)

The flowers are Lilies of the Valley.
Oh that's the name. Thank you very much. I've been thinking and thinking and couldn't remember. Princess Märtha Louise also had them in her beautiful bouquet as well.

The bouquet of Crown Princess Sarah of Brunei is really amazing, most wedding bouquets are fresh flowers, but CP Sarah's bouquet is GOLD and Diamonds...They are so rich!

Lauras mother had the same flowers incorporated into her bouquet and used them to decorate the church.

So many lovely bouquets that I can't pick a fav. But MM definitely has the ugliest IMO.

I really like this one of Princess Beatrix:

Beeldbank
I think it's very similar to Infanta Letizia's Bouquet!

The two wedding bouquets of princess Aimee of the Netherlands, the first one of the civil ceremony, the second one of the church ceremony:

Both pics from DPA and originally posted by Elsa M. in the wedding thread. :)

When it comes to wedding bouquets, I really liked Letizia's! Mette-Marit's bouquet was something different, not quite my taste...

Alexandria said:

I know this isnt a wedding one, but this is my favourite , not to big not to small , and its a lovley colour !

I think my favourites are Letizia's, Mary's, Mette-Marit's and Queen Noor's.

I also really liked Rania's, Princess Noor's and Camilla's.

Although we don't carry bouquets, I've never particularly liked the idea of red/pink flowers, particularly roses at a wedding. So whilst I think this bouquet is beautiful, I don't think it would look nice at a White Wedding
http://img287.imageshack.us/my.php?image=indexphp68at8hj.jpg

Actually I would have to give my vote to Mary, very unique, very interesting look to it. The dress was so simple that the bouquet stood out so wonderfully.

Oops missed another one, Lady Davina's is great. The blue looks wonderful, what a nice refreshing style of bouquet. I liked that whole wedding.

I loved Laura Parker-Bowles's bouquet. It was perfectly sized for her and for her outfit, and added a lacy, feminine quality that she seemed to be going for. It just looked extremely romantic. And for the record, I loved MM's bouquet- she took a risk, and it worked for her. And it definately gave us something to talk about.

Back
Top Bottom