Royal Bridal Veils

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought Zara looked magnificent from the neck up...I loved her hair, tiara and veil.

But I agree that the dress was a hideous, poorly fitted mess. She bought it straight off the rack-and it showed!

Zara looked good from the ankle up. I think the dress accentuated her curves wonderfully. On the other hand her veil wasn't fantastic.

I thought the dress made her look short, unfit, and pregnant. Not high on the best bridal looks.

now

1- CP Maxima
2- Countess Stephanie
3- CP Letizia

For me the Top Three are CP Maxima, HGD Stephanie, and CP Letizia.

My nubmer one is Princess Claire of Belgium, she looked wonderfull! Beautifull dress, veil and perfect bouquet.

HGD Stephanie of Luxembourg
Crown Princess Maxima
Crown Princess Mette Marit
Princess Marie of Denmark

Maxima, Maxima, Maxima
I second that. Hers was just breathtakingly beautiful.
Although Stephanie's and Mette-Marit's are close 9and joint) second for me.

For me the Top Three are CP Maxima, HGD Stephanie, and CP Letizia.

I need to correct my list...my top three bridal veils are actually CP Maxima, HGD Stephanie, and Princess Margaret...jaw droppingly gorgeous all three of them! :whistling:

Charlene of Monaco and Fabiola of Belgium round out the Top Five.

Favorites:

1. Maxima
2. Mette Marit
3. Stephanie
4. Grace
5. CP Victoria
6. CP Mary
7. Letizia
8. Marie of Denmark
9. Margaret
10. Catherine

Last edited:
I agree wht the statement that Maxima's veil was the best.

It's a close-run race for me between Maxima's and Mette-Marit's veils, though I absolutely loved MM's dream of a wedding gown.

Victoria
Maxima
Stephanie
Letizia

On a side note, Fabiola's veil she wore to visit the pope in 1961 was drop dead gorgeous.

one veil i never liked was Kate's - not a fan of the short veil at any time but especially on a royal and considering the venue of Westminster abbey it got lost.

Maxima, Stephanie and Letizia's veils are some of the most stunning with the intricate work and detail perfect for their status

I love veils of Victoria, Stephanie and Maxima. I don't like the Madeleine and Kate.

^ How lovely to wed at Christmas time, TLLK, and with fur edging the gown (preferably faux fur!) I'm a great fan of winter weddings. Also, to wear an historic veil, as these brides have done, is a real bonus.

one veil i never liked was Kate's - not a fan of the short veil at any time but especially on a royal and considering the venue of Westminster abbey it got lost.

Maxima, Stephanie and Letizia's veils are some of the most stunning with the intricate work and detail perfect for their status

I agree 100%. In some photos Kate's veil looked like cheap netting plopped flat onto her head almost as an after thought...particularly disappointing when one sees the time consuming and exquisite detail involved in her gown.

Maxima and Stephanie had veils that were breathtaking and matched both their status as Royal brides, and the venues of their prospective weddings.

The only thing I thought was successful about Letizia's bridal look was her veil, it was lovely.

Queen Victoria of England's veil was made of Honiton lace. Victoria's daughter Princess Beatrice married Prince Henry of Battenberg on July 23, 1885. The Queen allowed Princess Beatrice to wear the veil which she herself had worn on her wedding day.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/94716398390710073

I believe Queen Victoria's wedding veil ended up in her coffin, covering the dead queen's body.

Top:
Stephanie of Lux
Maxima
Victoria
MM
Charlene (but only in combination with the beautiful hair pieces)
Mathide

I don't like Kate's at all. To be honest I was as disappointed by her wedding look as Zara's. The dress didn't fit properly, looks like she lost too much weight, and had a Madonna cone bra effect going. Her veil looked cheap and seemed to cling to her like wind in the face. With the tiara, her hair needed a proper updo (didn't need to be severe but something) and lose the heavy eyeliner and remnants of the fake pumpkin tan.

I guess it symbolised her change in status, I think it is sweet, at what point were the flowers replaced for a tiara, can not remember it at all.
I think Mary and Letizia wore tiara's straight through the service.
If I remember correctly, the flowers were attached (wired?) to her tiara and was cut off in the vestry. Diana's blusher was also cut off in the vestry.

If I remember correctly, Maxima's veil was a gift from WA and was magnificent in that it was brand new and gloriously white, Victoria's a gorgeous heirloom. She and Victoria solved the 'problem' of magnificent veils by using their stunning, elegantly styled, wedding gowns and trains as more or less a blank canvas to highlight the veil. Both looked magnificent and are in my top 3

Victoria
Maxima
Mette-Marit (for sheer romance and utter gorgeousness that created the illusion of a swan floating down the aisle). Sheer magic.

I thought Mette Marit's was absolutely wonderful too. Her dress was gorgeous and her veil looked as if it floated down the aisle on a cloud.

Last edited:
I don't know whether I've already said this or not, but I also thought that Mette-Marit's veil was amazing! I would have thought a thick veil wouldn't fit, but it did it, and marvelousy!

Back
Top Bottom