Poll: Royal bridal gown preference?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whose bridal gown to you prefer?

• Claire of Belgium

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Cristina of Spain

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Elena of Spain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Letizia of Spain

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • Mary of Denmark

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Mathilde of Belgium

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Maxima of the Netherlands

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Mette-Marit of Norway

Votes: 15 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
Tell us which of the following bride's gowns do you prefer and why?

Poll originator: ILoveCristina

Attachments

• Claire.jpg
    Claire.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 419
  • Cristina.jpg
    Cristina.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 637
  • Elena.jpg
    Elena.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 590
  • Letizia.jpg
    Letizia.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 494
  • Mary.jpg
    Mary.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 601
  • Mathilde.jpg
    Mathilde.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 533
  • Maxima.jpg
    Maxima.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 474
  • Mette-marit.jpg
    Mette-marit.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 768
Last edited:
Definitely Mary's wedding dress with Infanta Cristina's coming in at a close second. I love the fairytale princess-flowy look.

my prefered ones are for sure maxima's, mathilde's and claire's.

My prefered one is Cristina's, and then Mathilde's and Maxima's. I don't find the other ones horrible, or even ugly, but I prefer these three... Actually, I have always loved Cristina's : simple, but very elegant!

A hard choise, I only hated Mary's gown and realy liked all the others. But I liked the embroidery on letizia's gown, and the stunning veil and weist.

I really liked the simplicity and the clear lines of Mette-Marit's gown. Maximas was also a little bit in that way, but in the picture provided the gown looked like it didn't fit her quite right.

Claire's was also quite pretty, and looked good on her slender frame.

i really adores of Crown Princess Mathilde's winter wedding dresses its so famous! i vote it! her training looks great!

and i like Crown Maxima's wedding dresses because her veil looks lovely and her training looks great!

Sara Boyce

Gosh what a difficult choice...of all the gowns I just didn't like the ones of Letizia and Máxima, but all the others may well have been my favorite.

I chose the one worn by Mathilde because it was not only perfect for her (and fitted so perfectly), but also because it was perfect for the gothic townhall of Brussels where she got married.
It emphasized her beauty and happiness even more!

But other ones were great as well: Claire's because of the lace, Mary's because it was so romantic, Mette Marit's for its simplicity and unbelievable elegance.

My prefers

1-Maxima
2-Letizia
3-Mathilde

all dress is noble and elegance

I really liked Princess Claire's dress - simple, classic, elegant, and just right for her. I also liked Mary's, but I don't think it'll stand the test of time as well as Claire's.

I love Mary's dress...a touch of the old and a touch of the new and with a beautiful glow like her things couldn't have looked nicer ^___^

It's my experience the most recent dress always wins in these kind of polls :D

why isnt Princess Noor's dress on the list?

cd_1 said:
why isnt Princess Noor's dress on the list?
This poll idea came from another member who submitted to the moderators of this forum (Julia and I) her poll choices and images. Polls here are restricted to a maximum of 10 poll choices so a great many royal brides recent and past were excluded. It was this member's discretion who would and would not be included.

i dont like any of the dresses above...i still like lady diane spencer's dress its was pretty(in my eyes). i guess letizia comes in 2nd its pretty and its color was nice to see.

Last edited:
I voted for Cristina because her gown is my style, SIMPLE yet so elegant at the same time. So beautiful and quiet. I love the radical crown princess look as well if you know what I mean, but, only one someone else. I personally am more of simple yet elegant type.

I voted Maxima, but I like the dresses from Mary and Elena too. Elena's gown is very nice... the details of the skirt, only the upper part is too law I mean and that is the same bij Mary's dress.

I voted for Mette Marit`s dress. It`s is simple but so wonderful and elegant so it`s my favorite one just like the princess who wore it ;)

I think Letizias and Maximas were nice but I didn`t like the collar. I have to say I wasn`t too impressed with Marys dress I just thought she would have something more elegant but of course that is just my 2cents

I voted for Cristina

Cristina's gown was modern, stylish and simple all at once. I love Maxima's veil though the gown was somewhat plain but not unattractive. Mathilde makes anything look great by just smiling :) Mette-Marit's gown was also stylish and well suited for her. I love the gold detailing on Letizia's gown.

Mary's gown was pretty and I do like it, but the sketch of what it was supposed to look like and what it actually looked like was very different. I think if she had worn some sort of crinoline under the gown or had the material in the actual gown was just a little more stiffer it would have looked like the sketch and all that lovely detail would have been more visable. But the gown was pretty and so was she :)

I like all those listed in the poll but you left out Mabel Wisse-Smit :)

I loved Mary's dress, but honestly if I were to have my pick at another wedding gown for myself, it would be more like Princess Claire's. It's very elegant, subtle and sexy, I think!

i voted for Maxima, i loved her dress, i think second would be Mary of Denmarki didnt like Letizia's dress

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Gosh what a difficult choice...of all the gowns I just didn't like the ones of Letizia and Máxima, but all the others may well have been my favorite.

I chose the one worn by Mathilde because it was not only perfect for her (and fitted so perfectly), but also because it was perfect for the gothic townhall of Brussels where she got married.
It emphasized her beauty and happiness even more!

But other ones were great as well: Claire's because of the lace, Mary's because it was so romantic, Mette Marit's for its simplicity and unbelievable elegance.
I agree with your choices! (with perhaps a bit more emphasis on Mary's!). I absolutely adore Mathilde's wedding dress - so elegant and lovely. Mary's dress reminds me of Cristina's dress, and I love them both (adore these two princesses!). The pleats on Mary's dress made it a little bit more romantic and more prettier, but in a way too, also a bit less elegant (because it made it less streamlined).

I also love MM's dress, but that probably has a lot to do with liking MM herself and not really with the dress, which was a bit on the plain side. Claire's was just absolutely gorgeous!! Now this would be my choice for a wedding dress!

The others were fine and nice, but to me, not really all that....

Well.....we've voted for Maxima, mostly 'cause we like it all! But then Mary's the nicest when you look at the dress itself, we loved the stuff with the skirt which made it different from the ohters' dresses - and the same with Mathilde's top, it was so nice and different as well! But Christina's is so nice too - they all are :D

I voted for Maxima. In my opinion, the worst bridal goan for this type of weddings is Mary's. It is very plain.

Claire's dress is so my style
But I don't consider Noor's dress a proper wedding dress. Sorry.

I voted for Infanta Christina. It was not only the dress that was beautiful, but also the right tiara and veil that accentuated her beauty. I also liked Claire´s on. I was disappointed with Mary´s and Letizias one. The first one looked like the poor copy of the 19th century dress, and the latter looked like a coat. Letizia simply disappeared into it.

Back
Top Bottom