Poll: Royal bridal gown preference?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whose bridal gown to you prefer?

• Claire of Belgium

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Cristina of Spain

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Elena of Spain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Letizia of Spain

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • Mary of Denmark

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Mathilde of Belgium

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Maxima of the Netherlands

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Mette-Marit of Norway

Votes: 15 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The wedding dress that I liked the most was Mathilde's. I did not like Mable Wisse-Smit's; it had too many bows.

Claire of belgium's dress was beautiful especially her veil was so nice.Does anyone who designed it? I liked CP Maximas dress, it was so simple but yet very elegant and royal.

I think it was the same person that designed Mathilde's, Edouard Vermeulen, designer from Natan.

im really adores of Countess of Wessex's wedding dresses because her dresses really loose but i respectively her! and i like her veil because her veil got wind after ceremony not bad!

and i really like Crown Princess Mathilde's wedding dresses its really huge! and i like Crown Princess Maxima's dresses is so famous! and her veil and tiara really WOW! because her training more famous!

but i like late Princess Diana's wedding dresses because someone called her wedding dresses as wrinkled but im not like that as recalled that! you know her famous dresses for 23 years!

Sara Boyce

My favourite dress is Crown Princess Mary`s!! It was so beutiful, elegant, so full of grace but also very simple!! It suited her perfectly!

Perhaps it would be funnier, if everybody posted a pic of your favourite one?... Just in case someone does not remember it... What do you think?

I absolutely loved Christina of Spains dress and Crown Princess Marys' dress. They were fairly similar, and both extremely elegant. Claires dress is as equally as nice.

Please note that I've merged a thread started today about favourite royal bridal gowns with this older thread and poll. Although you cannot vote in the poll any longer, you can see the pictures that were posted and previous discussion on this same subject and add your own comments.

Also, have a look at this (closed) poll and thread of other beautiful bridal gowns that are not discussed as frequently, including the gown of Princess Noor Hamzah, Princess Alexandra of Berleberg, Lady Davina Windsor, Princesses Margriet and Annette of the Netherlands, among others.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3651&page=1

Alexandria
Something Old, New, Royal and Blue Moderator

Solange said:
I think it was the same person that designed Mathilde's, Edouard Vermeulen, designer from Natan.
Are you sure that Mathilde's dress was by Natan?casue I read that it was by Valention so was CP Maxima's.

Guess Who said:
Are you sure that Mathilde's dress was by Natan?casue I read that it was by Valention so was CP Maxima's.

According to the list made in this thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4000&highlight=designer, Mathilde's gown was indeed designed by Natan (as was her sister-in-law Claire's), and Maxima's gown by Valentino. Perhaps you mixed up Mathilde with Marie Chantal of Greece, whose 1995 wedding gown was also designed by Valentino. (All those M names can be confusing!)

My favourite gowns :
1-Mary's one
2-Mette-Marit's
3-Claire's

Which is your favourite royal edding dress???

Which is your favourite royal edding dress???
My favourite is Maxima's.

Attachments

• Copy of trouwjurkgroot.jpg
    Copy of trouwjurkgroot.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 350
Last edited by a moderator:
My Favorite is Mette-Merit's ...i Just love it :)

Attachments

• 1610702.jpg
    1610702.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
on the opicof wedding gowns, i haven't seen a royal marry in a sleeveless wedding dress...is this not allowed? I'm assuming it's a matter of modesty...:)

Mette-Merit's and claried these dresses i loved
they are simple elegent and not tu much not the princess dress many think about they should have like dinas that is to barbie for me

I love P Mette-Marie's dress, its so simple but it works.
P Claire of Belgium looks great too, I love the lace!! Its such a timeless design!

I think its difficult to pick a favourite, these dresses are all exquiste, P Letizia and P Mary both looked stunning too.

I think the key to a great wedding dress is to be understated and simple, as all of these great dresses show, meringues are out!!!:D

Personally I loved Letizia's becuase itwas incredibly regal and perfect for a new Queen. Mette-Marit's was incredibly simple and chic, she really did the "2nd marriage" look well. Cristina's was really chic and quite timeless. Fianlly I really liked Claire's mainly becuase it was chic , elegant and a little bit sexy, something you don't usually see with Royalbrides.

I didn't like Mary's gown, it just seemed a bit old-fashioned and I'm not sure whybut reminded me of the fussy mess that was Diana's gown. Maxima's was the other I really don't like, the fitting was terrible.

I agree with little star, Letizia's dress was gorgeous and classy. On the subject of wedding dress horrors, I thought Queen Rania's was another that should go down in the annals of wedding dress meltdown! Hideous, too fussy, too much embroidery, too much everything! Of course she can be forgiven as back then she wasn't the super stylish lady that she is today ;)

The best was Máxima's dress...so elegant
Then Mary's
I really didn't like Mette-Marit's--too simple-.

"I thought Queen Rania's was another that should go down in the annals of wedding dress meltdown! Hideous, too fussy, too much embroidery, too much everything! Of course she can be forgiven as back then she wasn't the super stylish lady that she is today "

Agreed, it was a horror! But in all fairness to her, it was the early 90's and wedding dresses were still quite "big" then.

My all time favourite would be Cristina's wedding gown, it was really timeless, classy, elegant and encased her figure in a fab way!!! :D

I think Grace Kelly's would be a close second because it would only look that great on her, while Cristina's dress would look at least good in women with similar physical features (height, size, weight, etc)

Back
Top Bottom