Next Royal Wedding 2003-2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess Sophie

Courtier
City
On the border...
Country
Belgium
Which royal couple is the next one to announce their engagement?

There aren´t many possibilities anymore. I can remember that a few years ago a lot of people were surprised that so many crown princes were still bachelors...but in the last 4 years this has changed rapidly...

Let me think...all children of reigning monarchs are married, except:
-prince charles (but he was married, who knows if he will ever marry again)
-cp Victoria (even if she will marry Daniel Westling...I cant´believe that she will marry before 2005. There are already 2 crown princely weddings in 2004)
-prince Carl Philip (I think he will finish his studies before)
-princess Madeleine

children of princes/grand dukes as possible candidates
-prince Guillaume or his brother Felix (but they are too young)
-prince Albert (more than overdue)

grandchildren of a monarch, who are already grown up
-prince William (I think he and his brother won´t marry before 30)
-prince Harry

children of ex-monarchs
-prince Nicholaos

All other houses have managed it to marry all their children off.

So my personal guess is: prince Albert is the next one, then prince Nicholaos and then prince Carl Philip.

Prince albert next? Finally!!! :lol:

Who do you expect to be the lucky one??

Yes, I know my ranking is very keen...so probably a 1:1000 chance that I´m right. But I can´t believe that prince Albert is now looking at his european colleagues and at his nephews and nieces and can´t hear a huge clock ticking ;)
I don´t remember that a relationship between Albert and any woman lasted really long, so probably a possible princess-to-be wouldn´t be his girlfriend since a long time (a prince-Felipe-case ;) ).
But looking at his strange contacts with women let me really assume that he´s gay. But if we look at prince Edward...he becomes in a few days a daddy....

Lena  Posted: Nov 2nd, 2003 - 4:19 pm

can´t believe that prince Albert ... strange contacts with women let me really assume that he´s gay.

Or he got scared off women ?
Or, all the ones up to now have been ... how did some-one put it here earlier ... gold-diggers ?

Or, there are going to be three crown princely weddings next year between the beginning of May and the end of June. Yeah, sure.

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 2nd, 2003 - 5:29 pm

Or, there are going to be three crown princely weddings[/color] next year between the beginning of May and the end of June.  Yeah, sure.

NOOO, they can´t do this, I don´t know how I should plan all my jobs, classes, practicals around all these weddings. I want to watch them ALL live on TV. And I´m really upset that the wedding of Mary D. and cp Frederik is on a friday (why friday? all BIG Royal weddings were on Saturday) :angry:
;)

Any idea who the next engagement will be? For some reason I think it is going to Prince Carl Phillip of Sweden.

Hm, prince Carl-Philip is still a bit young...his parents (and friends) probably ask him to wait until he has finished his education or until he´s more "mature"...and to me he doesn´t seem, as if he would be a rebel...
My guess is (though I really feel naive writing it ;) ) prince Albert...he will surprise us all (like Felipe did)

im sure! but Prince Albert still as singles for long time his sisters got married but Prince Carl-philips would wait but he young i think he still dating Emma?

Sara Boyce

i would love to see zara being the next...
but maybe victoria of sweeden or madelaine will be the next royal brides

At this rate, I'm guessing one of the Jordanian Royals.
:lol:

I'm going to go with Prince Nikolaos of Greece B)

Alisa, I'm with you on Prince Nikolaos of Greece. It seems about time that he got hitched.

Well, Jordan has a ton of royals. They don't have a limit on the number of generations that the title is passed like in other countries. All you have to be is a male line decendant of a King of Jordan or Iraq.

The only Princes of age to marry are Prince Hashim Al-Hussein and Prince Rachid El-Hassan. Princess Noor Hamzah's brother is still too young by just a few years. Prince Faisal and King Abduallah's sons are way to young. There is also HH Prince Hussein Mirza who is the son of Princess Alia Al-Hussein and Nasser Mirza who was made a prince by King Hussein. There are still a quite a few of their beautiful Princesses left, though.

Originally posted by H.M. Margrethe@Apr 25th, 2004 - 4:55 am
What about prince Gustav of Berleburg then ?
Is he currently dating anyone? We hardly ever hear anything about Princess Benedikte's children as they are relatively private individuals. I hope the broken engagement to Eve (?) de Rochefort didn't sour Gustav on further relationships.

A wonderful suggestion none the less, H.M. Margrethe. Some happiness again for the Berleburg family after Richard's cancer treatment and recovery would be wonderful news.

Is Nikolas seeing anyone specific? I was thinking Carl Philip because of how long he has been with his girlfriend. Seems like forever!

I think princess Madelaine, i read somewhere that she asked her father if she could marry Jonas and he said no!!! :cry:
:unsure:

Originally posted by Lena@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 6:50 pm
Hm, prince Carl-Philip is still a bit young...his parents (and friends) probably ask him to wait until he has finished his education or until he´s more "mature"...and to me he doesn´t seem, as if he would be a rebel...
My guess is (though I really feel naive writing it ;) ) prince Albert...he will surprise us all (like Felipe did)
I read somewhere that King Carl and Queen Silvia asked their childrent to wait until they were at least twenty-five before they married. Of course, most of you know that Carl Philip is turning twenty-five this year!

mostly Royal Family must getting married at aged 30 year old not as 25 year old! when Princess Diana dont cares about getting married at 20 year old to Prince Charles but Princess Diana really spoiled! but i never knew about rules of Royals! but i would understood of Royals!

Sara Boyce

I would suppose that Princess Margriet of the Netherlands' son, Floris, will be the next to marry. He is currently dating a woman by the name of Aimee. His girlfriend and the girlfriend of Pieter-Christian both attended Pieter von Vollenhoven's birthday celebration so they must be accepted within the family.

Originally posted by mybags@May 4th, 2004 - 6:18 pm
Of course, most of you know that Carl Philip is turning twenty-five this year!
And he has been dating Emma longer than Madeleine has dated Jonas or Victoria has dated Daniel. :p

I think maybe ...... could be Carl Philip he has been with Emma for about five years now but he is only 25.....

Originally posted by Dennism+May 5th, 2004 - 5:01 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dennism @ May 5th, 2004 - 5:01 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mybags@May 4th, 2004 - 6:18 pm
Of course, most of you know that Carl Philip is turning twenty-five this year!
And he has been dating Emma longer than Madeleine has dated Jonas or Victoria has dated Daniel. :p [/b][/quote]
I definetly think that one day P. Carl Phillip and Emma will get married, but I think this will come after CP Victoria is married. As for the princesses, I think Princess Victoria will get married in the next 4 or 5 years. I am not quite sure she will marry Daniel W. thou. I could be wrong...he seems like such a nice guy but I think he will always be uncomfortable will all the media attention. Madeleine, I think will get married last. She is the youngest and has pleanty of time. I don't really see her marrying Jonas thou. I don't know why, I just she her with someone else.

it seems like prince Nicholaos girlfriend was at the danish wedding I have posted the link at the greek forum at Nico's thread if she also is a guest at the spanish wedding it could be a engement soon

It will be Prince Karl Philip of Sweden. He and his girlfriend have the longevity and the apparent approval of the King and Queen. When his studies are finished, it will happen--wouldn't be surprised if they are secretly engaged!

Albert and Nicholas of Greece getting married anytime soon??? Not a chance!! They don't want to be married!

I think either or both of van Vollenhoven men. :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom