Next Royal Wedding 2003-2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Alisa@Jul 27th, 2004 - 12:28 am
I think either or both of van Vollenhoven men. :flower:
Yes. Both of their girlfriends have attended various family events so I think one of them is a good bet.

Wasn't there a poll about which of the three Bernadotte siblings would marry first. I know I made a comment, but can't seem to find it? :wacko: :blink:

Next Royal Wedding?

I thought it may be interesting to start a list of weddings SCHEDULED for 2005 (not predicted but formally announced with a date set). Who is engaged and planning to be married this year?

Eliza

I think that Carl Philip is getting married this year..but I don´t think he´s engaged to his girlfriend...

Nathalian said:
I think that Carl Philip is getting married this year..but I don´t think he´s engaged to his girlfriend...
I wouldn't be suprised if he and Emma get engaged sometime this year but I don't think they will get married in 05.

From what I've heard, there's going to be a royal wedding in Brunei.
The Sultan's daugther Princess Majeedah is about to get engaged.

Hm, seems to become a boring year, concerning Royal weddings...I´m spoilt through 2004!
At least we will welcome some Royal babies in 2005, though I think unfortunately not a successor (directly behind his/her father/mother in second line to the throne). This and crown princely weddings are IMO most interesting.

Lena said:
Hm, seems to become a boring year, concerning Royal weddings...I´m spoilt through 2004!
At least we will welcome some Royal babies in 2005, though I think unfortunately not a successor (directly behind his/her father/mother in second line to the throne). This and crown princely weddings are IMO most interesting.
We don't know yet, if we will see a Danish or Spanish heir by the end of the year.

But yes, 2004 probably made us all spoilt with royal weddings. If only Victoria would marry Nikolaos of Greece :p

Chatleen said:
We don't know yet, if we will see a Danish or Spanish heir by the end of the year.

But yes, 2004 probably made us all spoilt with royal weddings. If only Victoria would marry Nikolaos of Greece :p
Yes, with a little luck, there will be a spanish or danish heir. But IMO there are a few reasons, that there wouldn´t...Letizia´s life is too stressy, maybe Mary has decided to wait after her gall stone operation...and the other three crown princesses have waited 2 years too until their babies were born. But I can be wrong, and I hope I´m.

Yes, this sounds good :D -> what about that: tomorrow she breaks up with Daniel, on Wednesday she calls Nikolaos and on Thursday they get engaged...the wedding would then take place in june ;)

Lena said:
Yes, this sounds good :D -> what about that: tomorrow she breaks up with Daniel, on Wednesday she calls Nikolaos and on Thursday they get engaged...the wedding would then take place in june ;)
Sounds like a plan to me ;) Now - how do we make sure, that Victoria becomes aware of this plan - and starts the implementation phase :rolleyes:

I think the next wedding will be that of Princess Charlotte of MOnaco or Andrea of Monaco- they will marry young i think, like their mother

I think Victoria will marry Daniel. Rumors say they are considering it, and from late 2004 to now, many of them have been true. I don't think the other two will get married until she does.

i read somewhere a while ago...Zara Philips is planning to get engage to her boyfriend or something....

bigheadshirmp said:
i read somewhere a while ago...Zara Philips is planning to get engage to her boyfriend or something....
i think the same,the next bride is Zara

I agree for Lady Zara philips.And I also think Lady Gabriella Windsor wil marry, or at last get engaged, this year.

Albert and Nicholas of Greece getting married anytime soon??? Not a chance!! They don't want to be married!
And they don't really have to. if albert doesn't his sister caroline's (sp?) kid will be the heir. albert can even adopt one as his heir.
As for Nikoloas why should he feel a need to get married. His has no throne to worry about. i think he will stay free as long as he can. ;)

August 6, 2005: wedding of Prince Manuel von Bayern and Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg in Sweden.
August 25, 2005: civil wedding of Prince Pieter-Christiaan van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven and Anita van Eijk at Palace Het Loo at Apeldoorn.
August 27, 2005: religious wedding of Prince Pieter-Christiaan van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven and Anita van Eijk at the Grote- or St. Jeroenskerk at Noordwijk.
September 19, 2005: wedding of Count Rodolphe de Vincens de Causans and Princess Anna Cecilia of Bourbon-Two Sicilies at Turin, Italy.
October 1, 2005: wedding of Prince Aimone of Savoy Duke of Apulia and Princess Olga of Greece in Italy.
October 20, 2005: civil wedding of Prince Floris van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven and Aimée Söhngen at Naarden.
October 22, 2005: religious wedding of Prince Floris van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven and Aimée Söhngen at Naarden.
November 15, 2005: wedding of Yoshiki Kuroda and Princess Sayako of Japan at the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo.
December 2, 2005: wedding of Nuno de Carvalho Moreira and Princess Maria Carolina de Orleans e Bragança at Rio de Janeiro.

ok apart from the 'scheduled' weddings my bet goes for zara philips and nikolas of greece.

i think victoria will marry soon, but her siblings will not marry before she does.

hilal said:
October 1, 2005: wedding of Prince Aimone of Savoy Duke of Apulia and Princess Olga of Greece in Italy.

The marriage will take place in a tiny island in Greece.

Danielane said:
The marriage will take place in a tiny island in Greece.
Yes, and apparently it will be a very private and low key wedding, so I don't think we can hope for many pictures from that one... :(

I think the next wedding we're gonna see more pictures of is the one between Prince Manuel von Bayern and Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein.

Last edited:
William will marry Kate soon im sure of it

GrandDuchess said:
Yes, and apparently it will be a very private and low key wedding, so I don't think we can hope for many pictures from that one... :(

I think the next wedding we're gonna see more pictures of is the one between Prince Manuel von Bayern and Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein.

The wedding of Olga and Aymone has been reshedueled for 2006, and, according to the family wishes it will be a grand wedding in Turin.

Zara will get married.
And by the end of the year, Victoria will marry Daniel

Princess Maxima said:
And by the end of the year, Victoria will marry Daniel

Well, according to the royal court there will be no wedding in 2006.

Josefine said:
it seems like prince Nicholaos girlfriend was at the danish wedding I have posted the link at the greek forum at Nico's thread if she also is a guest at the spanish wedding it could be a engement soon

Not nessarily. He took his other girlfriends to family events too. Posed for picture and everything just like he does with Tat however imo he looked more loving with Sofie and Zoe. I think when he and she get out to the same car and walk the carpet together or the royal family says something then I will beileve.
I don't think there will be any weddings this year instead I think 2007 there will be. There has been too much with the spanish and danish royals. I seems to me that royal family want to be the only one in the spotlight when it comes to weddings.

I found this on the BBC website. I'm not sure if it has been posted before, my apologies if it has.

New brides bring royal makeover

When Japan's Princess Sayako married civil servant Yoshiki Kuroda earlier this month, she became the latest royal to conform to a recent trend of marrying non-royals.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4460460.stm

do we have a list of royal weddings to come what we know of

i cant think about any

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom