Least Favourite Royal Wedding Dress

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She does have the right profile for such a dress becos of her ballerina neck, of course the bust part is exposed, but I still like Her!!

What did u think of Laura Lopes dress?

Last edited by a moderator:
azile1710 said:
Astrid of Belgium
what is with those sleeves?!!! She looks like she stuck her arms through giant marshmellows!

margotantoinette said:
good lord! not only are her breasts practically falling out of the dress, but it looks like she tore open a feather pillow right before she got dressed and some of the feathers got stuck on her dress! trashy, trashy, trashy is all I have to say.

Now, now. ;)
I have to say, this is one big reason I read the Forum: the reactions sometimes make me laugh out loud! I actually liked the dress quite a bit, bar the breast part though--I loathe breasts hanging out <anywhere>. I thought it was pretty well done, in a simple way, and kindof liked the simple presentation of it, until....the feather pillow comment!! Now I can't look at the picture anymore without bursting out laughing!

Waxxwing said:
Well, I have to agree with those who didn't like Diana's dress. The material was beautiful but the design was overblown, overdone on top, and concealed rather than emphasized Diana's lovely long figure. It had no sophistication at all, and Diana herself mentioned years later that she hated it in retrospect.

I also did not like the Countess of Wessex's ensemble, especially the clunky pearl necklace that Edward designed for her. It was boring.

I also did not care for Pss. Caroline's first wedding outfit. It looked like an illustration out of a "Mother Goose" picture book.

Lastly, and surprisingly, I was very disappointed in Letizia's wedding dress. The dress itself was beautiful, but it totally overwhelmed her tiny figure. She looked swamped by it and the circular train kept folding over on itseld and making it even less possible than usual in these dresses for the bride to move, let alone walk gracefully. That dress was suitable for a tall woman, not a tiny one.
Couldn't agree more with everything you're saying.
I always hated Diana's dress, even back on the day (but then, I've always preferred seventies style anything to the overblown eighties fashion, which Di's dress inaugurated by the way. If it hadn't been for Di's wedding disaster gown, the whole decade afterward might have turned out differently, fashion-wise.)

Sophie Wessex: couldn't agree more, what a washout she was. Couldn't believe her friend the designer made that piece of bathrobe for her. The only thing that was excellent was the veil: it was made of an exquisit material, silk I think, and the way it moved...you have to watch a video to appreciate it, believe me.

And then Letizia, my god how she drowned in that dress. It was amazing she could come up for air to breathe at all. Her head all but disappeared what with that huge erect collar on the dress. And the embroidery on it...I understand the symbolism but it looked tacky the way it was done. I think that her dress was one of these occasions where it looked terrific on sketch but terrible once made on the bride.

That's what us 'normal' folk have on these royals. We typically don't commission a designer to sketch a dress specifically for us. If we did, we'd also take the risk of being stuck wearing a design that is not a great fit for our body type or personality at all.

IMO, princess Kalina of Bulgary didn't look good at all.
kalinabulgaria1972-14.jpg
Source: Worldroots

Kalina didn't look better than her groom and that's a big NONO

I totally agree. Kalina looks terrible. Who designed her gown? Maybe she has done that - she is an artist?
But that was her choice, she like it and thare's no matter what we all think about that.

When I saw those pictures on TV first time I thought that she is bald. If I wouldn't know that are photos from her wedding I would think that she is a ghost - white lady or smth.

I'm not a fan of her veil. The veil kind of reminds me of a nun's habit. Except you are seeing some of her hair.

in any case, the whole national costume thing, while a fine idea, just turned into an ugly mess...she sort of looks like a little kid who got wrapped up in a bed sheet in order to play dress up. not exactly what i would want to be wearing at my wedding, let me just say.

It has some sort of significance becos of her Bulgarian Heritage

saphills said:
IMO, princess Kalina of Bulgary didn't look good at all.

OMG :D I almost choked on my water! What is "Bulgary" and who is this fascinating couple in the photo?

Classic, thank you!

What is "Bulgary" and who is this fascinating couple in the photo?
"Bulgary" stands for Bulgaria...and this lady is Princess Kalina, marrying Kitin Munoz. She is the daughter of the former King Simeon II of Bulgaria.

I agree with most of you, Kalina of Bulgaria could have chosen a better wedding dress. She looks terrible.:(

Sira said:
I agree with most of you, Kalina of Bulgaria could have chosen a better wedding dress. She looks terrible.:(

She must have thougt "If i am going to be a bride..well then let me be a very white bride,and DAD let me decide witch way i am going to place my tiara"
:p :p

I´m sorry to say that: but the bride herself is ugly. The dress is doing the rest.:eek:

hornsen said:
I´m sorry to say that: but the bride herself is ugly. The dress is doing the rest.:eek:

Hey! It wasn't nice! Kalina isn't ugly!
Outward appearance isn't everything - for many that what is inside the person is more important than other things!

Last edited:
hornsen said:

That's a bit rude I think and besides - look at her husband - why would she go out of her way to glam up?

Ok ok, excuse me please. I didn´t want to cause a stir...

hornsen said:
Ok ok, excuse me please. I didn´t want to cause a stir...
Don't apologise. You're not the first person to believe Kalina is unattractive, and I seriously doubt you'll be the last. I agree that she didn't look especially wonderful on her wedding day -- she herself isn't especially (outwardly) beautiful, and the dress might have worked better in a lighter, thinner fabric.

Solange said:
Eugenia Martinez de Irujo (daughter of the Duchess of Alba) looked bad on her wedding. I mean, her veil looked so misplaced and the tiara was too big for her.
Well, veil was quite ok, but I agree that the tiara was too big.

magnik said:
Well, veil was quite ok, but I agree that the tiara was too big.

yes, the tiara was one of the biggest I've ever seen and she's quite short so it looked like her neck would crumble in any moment:cool:

the dress and veil are lovely but the crown, com on!!!!!

Wow, that dress was certainly very low cut, for a bridal gown.

Back
Top Bottom