Jordanian Royal Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

auntie

Royal Highness
City
Middlesex
Country
United Kingdom
With all the weddings and engagemants foing on in the RF of Jordan, I can't seem to understand what ceremony stands for what? Didn't Hamzah and Noor have 3 ceremonies? When do the couple actually get to live together in the full sense of the word?!

AFAIK, Hamzah and Noor had two ceremonies: one , a private ceremony in August 2003, and then the state celebration in May 2004. I think after the first ceremony King Abdullah made the announcement that he would host the public ceremonies. Not sure why this was done so maybe one of our Jordanian friends can enlighten us.:confused:

From a religious viewpoint there is only 1 ceremoney, the nikah, when the marriage contract is signed and prayers are given.
Anything else is purely cultural.

Right you are.:)

Little_star said:
From a religious viewpoint there is only 1 ceremoney, the nikah, when the marriage contract is signed and prayers are given.
Anything else is purely cultural.

So to put it bluntly, granted the couple is traditional, when do they consumate the marriage? after which ceremony?

The nikah is the religious ceremony, any couple who have had that performed may consummate the marriage. All the receptions and additional parties are just a good excuse to party!

thanks so much for clearing that up! I'd been wondering about it for sometime.

Little_star said:
The nikah is the religious ceremony, any couple who have had that performed may consummate the marriage. All the receptions and additional parties are just a good excuse to party!

I would like to also add that in Islam you need to make your marriage publicly known (i mean not the city hall but common people should know that a couple gets officially married) and celebrations can fulfill this purpose with the exception that Islam calls for moderation when celebrating....Islam does not encourage showing off and all the money wasted in extravagant parties..

"Islam does not encourage showing off and all the money wasted in extravagant parties.."

Most people will make a siginificant donation at the time of the marriage, especially if they will be holding a large celebration.

Reeda asks from "Jewels of Arabia Royals of the Arab World": Do any of you have Prince Hamzahs wedding song? I do not have me, but someone...

hilal said:
Reeda asks from "Jewels of Arabia Royals of the Arab World": Do any of you have Prince Hamzahs wedding song? I do not have me, but someone...
I am reeda .......thank you hilal for moving my question ....
i think no body has that song

Last edited:
reeda2000 said:
I am reeda .......thank you hilal for moving my question ....
i think no body has that song
tely bel abyad tely ya zahret Nisan...
tely w daly t7ali bhal wejh el bassam
Ameerek masek eidek...

This all I know of it,LOL
by Trouble in Irbid

I heard the song yesterday on jaras tv just by chance

Back
Top Bottom