Invitations to The Ceremony Only

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonc93

Serene Highness
City
Long Island
Country
United States
What do you guys think about Royals inviting a lot of people to their wedding ceremonies and only a few to the reception? Do you think its un classy? For example The Prince and Princess of Wales had 3,500 people at the ceremony and 100 people at the reception, the Duke & Duchess of york had 2,000 at the ceremony and 200 at the reception at Buckingham Palace and 300 at another at a hotel. So what do you guys think about it? Do you think they should invite everyone? I'd love to hear your opinions. :)

Well, this seems to be the best solution; I mean, if they invited all the guests to both the ceremony and the reception, the guests could not be more then 500 I guess, because a reception for more guests (2000 or 3500) is rather an impossible mission, unless the reception is a garden party in Buckingham Palace.
But can the wedding of the Prince and Princess of Wales be attended by just 500 or less guests? I really don't think...
So, imo the reception with only a part of the guests at the ceremony is the best solution.

It does seem inelegant to me, but as MAfan said above, this seems to be the best solution... for the tax-payers, too. ;););)

I guess you cant invite them all but the Prince and Princess of Asturias had 1,600 and invited them all for a 4 course sit down dinner, so it's interesting. :)

Back
Top Bottom