Hairstyles of Royal Brides

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diana de Cadaval's hair was absolutely perfect, IMO. It is one of the very best wedding hairstyles that I have ever seen.

We should name Alexandre as the official royal hairdresser, shouldn't we? ;)

Clothilde d'Orleans was done by Alexandre and it was intricate and stunning.
Here's the photo posted by Mtbcm, at their wedding thread:
ImageShack - Hosting :: hair6za.jpg

Stefan said:
Another great haistyle which was also by Alexandre was Duchess Fleur of Württemberg
Intrincate as well, altough I think it was a bit too high:
http://img41.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc868&image=60371_pre-SEEGER00101367_122_868lo.jpg

Alexandre is very talented. Clothilde d'Orleans' hair was also beautiful. I agree with you about Duchess Fleur of Wurttemberg's hair. It looks like it weighed a ton, and it was very high.

princess diana's hair was perfect for her dress...it wasnt too stiff. i loved queen alexandra's hair...it fit the time. princess letizia's looked like she had a bad hair day. i loved princess margarets as well

My favorite is Queen Fabiola's in 1960.
For the first time after Queen Astrid's death in 1935 we saw our new Queen wearing the famous Queens tiara. I remember my Grandmother cried.

Princess Victoria de Borbon (of the Two Sicilies) had a great hairstyle at her wedding in 2003.

I like
Princess Grace Kelly
Princess Mathilde &
Princess Mary's hairstyles for royal wedding

I liked Mette-Marits hair it suited her. I also liked princess Anita's hair and cp Mathilde (and her beuatiful veil).
I thought Mary was a flop!! It looked awful, it was high up but she had also "something" low in her neck. The veil itself is beautiful but the way it was put on her head... she looked like a milk-maid and her hair was pulled so thight.. absolutely horrible the same as her dress. to many ideas put together. such a shame she is usely so nicely dressed

I did not like Fleur of Wurtemburg's hairstyle. It was too high. Also, she has a widow's peak in front and the hairdo did nothing to distract from that. It was not attractive at all.

The best hairdo to me was Mette-Marit´s. She looked really stunning, all was perfect: hairdo, gown, tiara...I just was a bit disapointed with the bouquet.
I also liked Mathilde, Martha-Louise and Cristina´s hairdos.
I really didn´t like Mary´s hairdo. IMO, it was too big, didn´t suit her, and I almost couldn´t see the tiara.

I totally love w Infanta Cristina had her hair done!
And also CP Maxima of Netherlands and also P Laurentien.
Both referring to the day they had church wedding.
I also think CP Mette-Marit looked great , although her hairtone/color was way too yellow then. Her hair is "whiter" or more silvershaded now than back in 2001.

I'm one of those who doesn't like CP Mary of Denmark's hairdo too much. It was too flat in the front, kind of a senorita look with the hair devided like that, flat and very sleek. But then there was this big bulk on her backhead, where the veil was. No that didn't look good in my opinion. CP Mary is a very elegant lady, but her hair on her wedding day was a big mistake in my opinion.

The Duchess of Cadaval's hair was perfect...just beautiful.

I thought Maxima's was a perfect complement to her gown, a hairstyle of simple elegance.

Infanta Christina also had a lovely hairstyle, one that was very romantic.

Sarah Ferguson looked beautiful on her wedding day.Her red hair was beautifully curled and loose not like these ugly flat hair styles popular now

There is a particularly nice photograph in post 8 of this thread
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/sarah-duchess-york-jewellery-257.html

Yes, I, too, like Sarah's hairstyle on her wedding day as it looked more natural than these upswept styles that seem so popular but to my mind look too severe. I also like Princess Diana's wedding hairstyle.

But Diana's hairstyle went plop. It was too humid for her fringe to work well, especially under the tiara.

am i wright that akte is one of few royal brides who eore her hair down?

Most of those women had short hair. The rest just hung. Elizabeth II has never had a "hairstyle". Anne is pathetic.

Lol, I have to agree with your witty assessment. :D

However, I wish somebody would come along and truly do justice to long beautiful hair, the kind that Princess Beatrice possesses. Ah, one can dream...

Queen Anne Marie and Princess Annes hair reminds of Star Wars

From that list of royal brides who wore their hair down, the only one's who have long hair and looked good with their flowing hair was Princes Lalla Salma and Kate Middleton.
I never understood the assessment that Diana's hair fell flat. I think her hair was one of the few things that looked good that day.

I loved Infanta Cristina,Mathilde,Mette Marit,Maxima and Tatiana.

The worst,Princess Anne,Princess Mary,Sarah,Duchess of York and many more!

The royal bridal hairstyles that immediately come to mind as my favorites are the Infanta Cristina of Spain and Princess Marie of Denmark(a very beautiful and intricate chignon) Ditto for Maxima of the Netherlands.

The most beautiful of all is HRH Diana Duchess de Cadaval at her wedding to Charles-Philippe d'Orleans.

ON THE OTHER HAND.....

I was very disappointed with Diana, Princess of Wales(it lay flat on her forehead and looked rather oily) Sarah Ferguson(one of the few things that kept her from being PERFECT on her wedding day was was her hair, an elegant upsweep would have put her over the top) CP Letizia of Spain's hair looked bewilderingly awful on her wedding day...it didn't even look as if it had been washed!:ohmy:

Sad to say, Catherine Duchess of Cambridge's hair was not my favorite either. While her blusher was over her face it looked okay, but once it was lifted, her hairstyle became very ordinary looking. If she had done away with the side sweep and added a little height to the crown I would have been in heaven.:whistling:

Last edited:
I agree,I didnt like Kates hair,it was kinda boring.

Catherine's hairstyle was created to remain close to herself. I think an updo would have been over the top for her because we have never seen her like that (apart from one or two photos in the Daily Mail) and I don't think she wears it like that very often either.

Actually I didn't want a full updo for Kate, I was hoping to see an up/down which is what we got(sort of)

But imo, id didn't look great from the front and the top was too flat.

It just missed the mark.:whistling:

Back
Top Bottom