Favourite Royal Wedding Dress (not usually discussed)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Favourite (under rated) royal bridal gown?

• Princess Alexandra of Berleberg

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • Princess Annette of the Netherlands

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Princess Clotidle of Savoy

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Lady Davina Windsor

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Princess Margarita of the Netherlands

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Princess Marilene of the Netherlands

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Crown Princess Masako of Japan

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Crown Princess Noor of Jordan

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Lady Sarah Chatto

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Sophie, Countess of Wessex

Votes: 12 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
cute_girl said:
this simple and elegant dress belongs to daughter of princess basma of jordan.it's not only the dress but the veil and the tiara looks lovely too,though the bride is not pretty and the bridegroom looks so odd
I agree. That is one of my favourite wedding dresses. I love everything about it.

I like the wedding dress worn by Barbara Cano when she married Bruno Gomez Acebo.

Simple and elegant!!!

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 7,728

I love Lady Helen's wedding gown! This is one of my favourite.

From the moment I first saw Lady Sarah Chatto's dress years ago its been one of my fave's!

Another one of favorites...

Simoneta Gomez Acebo

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 770
lashinka2002 said:
From the moment I first saw Lady Sarah Chatto's dress years ago its been one of my fave's!
I agree. It became one of my favorites when I first saw it. I've always been a fan of her mother's wedding gown as well. Princess Margaret's wedding was the very first royal wedding I ever saw. I've been a royal fan ever since:D

Wedding dress worn by Patricia Meredith Eastwood upon her marriage to Norton Knatchbull, Lord Romsey. He is the grandson of Lord Louis Mountbatten.

Attachments

• lord and lady romsey mountbatten star1.jpg
    lord and lady romsey mountbatten star1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 3,819
  • lord and lady romsey mountbatten star.jpg
    lord and lady romsey mountbatten star.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,322
Last edited:
Oh i like that you posted pdas1201!!! it´s a beautiful dress

About the poll, i like tht of Lady Chatto, simple, but elegant

While working on the Princess Brides newsletter, I came across one more dress that I really like that isn't usually discussed, particularly for its simplicity: the one worn by Angela Brown when she married Prince Maximilian in January 2000 in New York City.

Attachments

• maxangela1.jpg
    maxangela1.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 953
Favorites:

1. Lady Sarah Chatto-Not only my favorite out of this list, but one of my favorites of all time. So simple and elegant.

2. Princess Alexandra of Berleburg-I like the layered effect on the sleeves and the hem.

3. Princess Marilene-I like the two-piece style and think it suits her.

Least favorite:

Princess Annette-I think her dress is so frumpy! Both the dress and the veil just look too big, and the length is weird to me, like the hem should come down a few more inches. She seems to be a rather petite woman ,and this just overpowers her.

My favorite of those listed would by Lady Sarah's too. But what I really liked were her bridesmaids dresses, so simple and elegant, and same w/ their hair. I love how in photos (scanned from I Do...100 Years of Wedding Fashion), you can see the lovely white color of the dress contrasts and stands out against the grayness of the pavement and London weather. I guess you wouldn't expect less from someone who had served as chief bridesmaid/attendent at two previous important royal weddings.

Attachments

• chatto2.jpg
    chatto2.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 513
  • chatto1.jpg
    chatto1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 442
This isn't one of the choices, but I recently came across the dress worn by Princess Rahma of Jordan (the duaghter of Prince Hassan, King Hussein's brother) and I loved it. This is the only picture I've found so far.
g15.gif

http://www.elhassan.org/reg/family/album/index3.html

I love Lady Sarah's tiara. her bridesmaids also have really lovely bouquets and wreaths.

Princess Clotide`s weddingdress is beautiful. I love it:) :) But i dont like her shoes......

cute_girl said:
this simple and elegant dress belongs to daughter of princess basma of jordan.it's not only the dress but the veil and the tiara looks lovely too,though the bride is not pretty and the bridegroom looks so odd

I love it. Absolutely gorgeous;)

EmpressRouge said:
My favorite of those listed would by Lady Sarah's too. But what I really liked were her bridesmaids dresses, so simple and elegant, and same w/ their hair. I love how in photos (scanned from I Do...100 Years of Wedding Fashion), you can see the lovely white color of the dress contrasts and stands out against the grayness of the pavement and London weather. I guess you wouldn't expect less from someone who had served as chief bridesmaid/attendent at two previous important royal weddings.

I Have to agree with you here. Lady sarah's dress and the bridesmaids dresses were beautiful- simple yet classic and the wreaths in their hair looked gorgeous. The whole Wedding was beautiful and she is one of my favourites.
I also thought Princess Mary looked beautiful but I was dissapointed by her flowers.

My favourites are the dress of Alexandra of Berleburg (just love the sleeves) and the one of Lady Sarah Chatto (such simple elegance...beautiful!).
I would like to add two dresses to the collection shown at this thread, btw. These two princesses weren't married at the time the thread was openened, but they defintely deserve to be in it (since they both have a lovely dress, imo): the two Van Vollhoven princesses Anita and Aimee!

Picture Anita and Pieter-Christiaan: ANP (originally posted by misshelen in the wedding thread of the couple)
Picture Aimee and Floris: DPA (originally posted by Elsa M. in the wedding thread of the couple)

:)

Fabiola 's dress is the most elegant and beautifull for me even after 45 years

I love Lady Sarah's and Lady Helen Windsor. They are two of my all time faves.

I like Princess Noor of Jordan's gown the most! Besides, I like Infanta Cristina of Spain's gown, White, simple and elegant, and they are just my dreamlike wedding dress!

I still have the article from People magazine about Lady Sarah's wedding. Such a simple but elegant Summer wedding, even the young bridesmaids were lovely. I think her "tiara" was actually a pair of earrings from her mother.

Chotilde looks nice except for those hideous shoes!!

Lady Sarah Chatto, hands down

Favourite Royal Wedding Dress

Sophie Rhys Jones

Alexandra von Furstenberg, nee Miller. It just stunned me the first time I saw it. I gasped, and even now it makes me want to rush out and get married. It just screamed BRIDE. I wish I could post a photo.

I have never seen such a tiny waist!

I absolutely loved Sarah Chatto's wedding dress. I loved the simplicity of the dress and really liked the neckline and sleeves.

Alexandra von Furstenberg, nee Miller. It just stunned me the first time I saw it. I gasped, and even now it makes me want to rush out and get married. It just screamed BRIDE. I wish I could post a photo.

I have never seen such a tiny waist!

CaliforniaDreamin, here is a link where you can see some pictures of Alexandra in her dress The Newlyweds

Lady Helen Taylor's wedding dress was a lovely one, as was Lady Linley's. As for Lady Davina Lewis, she looked more like a bridesmaid than a bride. Her sister's wedding dress was lovely but I feel that her veil was way too low down and too far back on her head. It would have looked miles better coming from the tiara as has been the case with previous royal weddings.

Back
Top Bottom